The Student Room Group

Unit 1 PSYA1 AQA AS Psychology!

New specification:
How's revision going for all of you who are either re-sitting or doing it for the first time? I did unit 2 in January and now I'll be sitting unit 1 in June. On another note, for those of you who are re-sitting do any of you remember the questions or have a copy of the paper? My school don't have any :sad:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
(a few) Topics that came up:

EWT
Multi-store model features
Attachment theories
Mnemonic question
Characteristics of differently attached children
What a psychologist could do to determine the attachment behaviour in a child-so i.e looking at how many times they seek attention[my knowledge is weak]

These are a few things I can remember but tbh I messed it up so I guess it's better coming from someone else:smile:
I'm sure others can add a bit more too!
Reply 2
I don't have a copy of the paper, but I remember a question relating to a school teacher who needed to remember her students names.
Outline two strategies in which (teacher) could use to help remember her student's names (6 marks).
And the final question was worth 12 marks and asked you to evaluate one or two theories of developing attachment.
Reply 3
that's the mnemonic one!
Reply 4
Malsi101
that's the mnemonic one!

Yeah, I saw your post and knew that it said something about mnemonics in the question :biggrin:
Reply 5
Psychology revision? Terrible. It's my most hated subject. Honestly. The remaining three combined together are easier than that bloody damn psychology. Hate memorising all these rubbish studies. Oh wells, chose it on my own, can only blame myself. Argh, having two exams in May! Noooooo!

Um, yeah. Feeling bit better. Thank you for your attention.

<going back to revising>
Reply 6
piece, just realised the thread's title :biggrin: ..did you do that consciously? :five: :suith:
Reply 7
goldsilvy
Psychology revision? Terrible. It's my most hated subject. Honestly. The remaining three combined together are easier than that bloody damn psychology. Hate memorising all these rubbish studies. Oh wells, chose it on my own, can only blame myself. Argh, having two exams in May! Noooooo!

Um, yeah. Feeling bit better. Thank you for your attention.

<going back to revising>

I wouldn't worry too much about the exam. It's a fairly light exam (at least the January one was) and your knowledge of studies isn't tested massively, its more concepts to be honest. Just make sure you know the main ones and you'll do fine :smile:
Reply 8
Malsi101
(a few) Topics that came up:

EWT
Multi-store model features
Attachment theories
Mnemonic question
Characteristics of differently attached children
What a psychologist could do to determine the attachment behaviour in a child-so i.e looking at how many times they seek attention[my knowledge is weak]

These are a few things I can remember but tbh I messed it up so I guess it's better coming from someone else:smile:
I'm sure others can add a bit more too!

Oooh... I'd rep you if I could! Lol. (That sounds weird, meh. -.-)

But OTHERWISE :woo: revision is going slowly. o_o I keep telling myself I'm going to study then I end up watching Torchwood or lurking on here. Much funner! But seriously, I will study... later :wink:
Reply 9
Malsi101
piece, just realised the thread's title :biggrin: ..did you do that consciously? :five: :suith:

I did :p: :five:

Thank you for everyone's contribution to the thread! If you remember anything else please post!
Ooh, i'm wanting the paper too :| if i get it i shall pass it on.
I don't have the paper but I did unit 1 in January- the 12 marker was "outline and evaulate a theory of attachment you have learned such as Bowlby or the learning theory". The content I had to learn for it all made it seem so much harder than it was, I waffled by way through and still got an A (and if you look at my GCSE's you can see I'm hardly an A grade student anyway).
Reply 12
So glad someone has made a thread for this! Im doing both exams in may as I didnt do unit 1 in jan. Im starting to get stressed, there's so much to learn!! And I just can't seem to motivate myself to revise :frown: And I find the unit 1 stuff so boring. Anyone else feel the same? I don't actually mind Unit 2 as it's quite interesting.
Also, you know you guys that have already done unit 1 in jan.. All the questions you've told us that came up.. Does this mean theres not a big chance of similar questions coming up in the may exam?
PSYA2 was so interesting, and the exam wasn't too bad at all.
I am not looking forward to PSYA1 at all. It seems a million times more complex, with more content, and it's just so boring and uninteresting in comparison!
Reply 14
I completely agree Puppet Strings :sadnod: I hate attachment with a passion.
Reply 15
anyone want the jan 2009 paper, mark scheme and examiners' report? if so, PM me your email address and I'll happily send them. :biggrin:
I have this exam tomorrow.

Whats a weakness of observing infants e.g. through strange situation?? Appart from ethical issues.
Reply 17
Anyone got a feeling the 12 marker will be on models of memory or accuracy of EWT tomo?
W_i_l_l
Anyone got a feeling the 12 marker will be on models of memory or accuracy of EWT tomo?

meee! (i hope so too!)
Reply 19
It's weird that this exam has barely been discussed even though it is tomorrow. Hopefully there is nothing specific on the working memory model like the articulatory process or the phonological store. Only thing that I get confused on!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending