The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Luckily my 'God-like' teacher predicted these question so it was a case of remembering what I'd wrote before. As for the fieldwork question, we watched a video on the Cairngorms that was used for a previous exam which showed fieldwork done by Aberdeen Uni about calculating carrying capacity by the number of tramples in a given area.

Question 1 I wrote about deer, heather burning, agro-chemicals and climate change for enviro. Social = population change, rural deprivation and climate change affecting skiing and unemployment etc.

Questin 2 was pretty straight foward.

For the last I chose Objective 3 but think I may have made some absolute crap up for strategies.

Did we have to take each bullet point and think of a strategy for each one or just kind of generalise a few points?

xx
sigstuff
Luckily my 'God-like' teacher predicted these question so it was a case of remembering what I'd wrote before. As for the fieldwork question, we watched a video on the Cairngorms that was used for a previous exam which showed fieldwork done by Aberdeen Uni about calculating carrying capacity by the number of tramples in a given area.

Question 1 I wrote about deer, heather burning, agro-chemicals and climate change for enviro. Social = population change, rural deprivation and climate change affecting skiing and unemployment etc.

Questin 2 was pretty straight foward.

For the last I chose Objective 3 but think I may have made some absolute crap up for strategies.

Did we have to take each bullet point and think of a strategy for each one or just kind of generalise a few points?

xx

I did what you did, took each bullet point. I would assume that would be the best way to tackle it because then you're taking apart and dissecting the objective
Hey everyone, how did you all do in this? I somehow got 111/120. :shock:
necessarily benevolent
Hey everyone, how did you all do in this? I somehow got 111/120. :shock:

90-something

I only got 505 UMS for geography altogether, oh well.
frost3dbutts
90-something

I only got 505 UMS for geography altogether, oh well.

I got one mark more than you overall. :p:
Reply 25
I got 120/120 in the synoptic and 537 UMS overall! :surprise: Thanks so much again to all the contributors to the thread, in particular Tom :smile:
necessarily benevolent
I got one mark more than you overall. :p:

:p:

I only got an A in English by 8 UMS, I knew I had reason to be terrified.
Reply 27
I was pleased with my students results on this module too. Hope you all got what you needed!
Reply 28
I some how managed 120/120 and then 90/90 on Global Challenge and 87/90 on Global Futures = astounded. Took the human AS module again despite warnings from my teacher as i got a B and then wound up with 91/100. AMAZED TODAY :woo:
Reply 29
Woop woop 120/120 for Cairngorms exam!!!! So happy and 87/90 for the unit 4.

Overall something like 573/600 for Geography can't believe it. Well done everybody :biggrin:
Reply 30
Flavity
Ahaha.. just noticed your reply, it would help if you actually quoted properly!!

And also, Toms passionate about his geography, whats not to like haha! :p: :yes: :cool:

HAHA Tom's also tall, dark and handsome, likes walks in the park and erm.....picnics??!!!!!!!!

I go away to France for a few months and come back and have a mini discussion about me....i am flattered guys!!!!!!!!!

Hope everybody did well in this exam and geog overall you all deserved it.

Wooooo they're over for ever! :biggrin:
WOW.
I managed to get 120/120.

Thanks to everyone who posted pages and pages of help on tsr!

:biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 32
65/120 lol my heart weren't in it after the Galapagos disappointment. Still they took my original 75/120 and I managed to scrape an A so aren't too bothered.
Well, I supposedly got a U in this paper. Thank **** it was a resit. Managed to scrape an A thanks to global challenge though, so I can't be too annoyed I guess :rolleyes:
dlg3579
120/120 and then 90/90 on Global Challenge and 87/90 on Global Futures

That, my friend, is insanely good.
Reply 35
I got a U lol.

I got a C overall in Geography. 78/90 on unit 5 though, which I'm very happy with. 55/60 on the coursework and 46/60 on the Exam :smile:
I got an A overall!!! I really don't know how I managed it!

I got 111/120 in Synoptic - nearly died when I saw this mark!!
77/90 in Unit 5
66/90 in Unit 4 after retaking

483/600 - JUST scraped it, but I don't care - an A's an A =]

Latest

Trending

Trending