The Student Room Group

TSR English forum "who are you?" thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Username: mR_CaRL
Lit / Lang / Land L: Language
Level your taking: A2
Board:AQA
Set books / work / topics: No Books, and i dont really kno the topics lol... 1) Language Debate 2) I text from other times... i think... hmmm.. lol
Username: makeshiftwings
Lit / Lang / Land L: Lit
Set books / work / topics: Measure for Measure (Shaky), The General Prologue (Chaucer), synoptic. Coursework - The Great Gatsby and The Virgin Suicides.

AS: A Clockwork Orange, A Streetcar Named Desire, John Donne. Coursework -The Taming Of The Shrew.
makeshiftwings
Username: makeshiftwings
Lit / Lang / Land L: Lit
Set books / work / topics: Measure for Measure (Shaky), The General Prologue (Chaucer), synoptic. Coursework - The Great Gatsby and The Virgin Suicides.

AS: A Clockwork Orange, A Streetcar Named Desire, John Donne. Coursework -The Taming Of The Shrew.

lang/lit combo
a2
aqa
omg, everyone else had academic books! i had in as, alice in wonderland and the bfg, and an anthology. a2 othello, and synoptic. coursework i did an argument for immigration (how beneficial it is), and a horror story about a lighthouse. for a2, i transformed brownings "my last duchess" into a story.
Eng Lit.
A2
AQA B

AS: Enduring Love par Ian McEwan, Macbeth (Coursework), Death of a Salesman par Arthur Miller and Songs of Innocence and Experience par Blake

A2: Measure for Measure, Emily Dickinson, Synoptic et Lord of the Flies (Golding) and the Cement Garden (McEwan) for Coursework
Hi,

My stats:

student no.9021
English Lang. & Lit.
A2
AQA B
Othello, Analysis of different texts, etc.

Level your taking:
Board:
Set books

Look, I hate to make niggly points but this is an English thread, and people are just blindly copying out one of the *most* irritating (to me at least) spelling mistakes.

Sorry bout that, anyway, my stats... :smile:
Lit A2 (with lit/lang for advanced extension)
Ocr
King Lear/Chaucer/Postcards with Margret Atwood for coursework
scatterbrain
Look, I hate to make niggly points but this is an English thread, and people are just blindly copying out one of the *most* irritating (to me at least) spelling mistakes.

That really irritates me too, I totally know what you mean!
Reply 87
Username: JimmyC
Lit / Lang / Land L: lang and lit
Set books / work / topics: Othello for exam, "Knuckle" for text transformation cwk

oh yeh oops bout the mistake... dont care really
cottonmouth

omg, everyone else had academic books! i had in as, alice in wonderland and the bfg

Mine is exactly the same! Feel silly when people ask what i study & i say two kids books haha! :smile:

Lang & Lit
A2
AQA
At AS level last year, i did The BFG & Alice Adventures in Wonderland. For Coursework i did a speech to be used at a primary school on encouraging children to help charity causes, and i did an article for the guardian newspaper on a for and against argument for animal testing. I also studied the Anthology.
At A2 Level this year, i studied Othello, and various synoptic papers, and for my tranformation coursework, i transformed Othello into a teenage/modern version.
The Underdog
English Language
A Level
Aqa B
You Lot Know, If Your Taking Aqa B That Is
Reply 90
hey,

Username: dudey_cool
Lit / Lang / Land L: Pure Literature
Board: Edexcel
Set books / work / topics: AS: Antony + Cleopatra, Hard Times, Edexcel Poetry Anthology and Translations
A2: Duchess of Malfi and Philip Larkin, Tempest and Translations, Captain Corelli's Mandolin
Reply 91
Lang & Lit
A2
AQA
Othello. Synoptic Anthology, A2 English Language and Literature
Reply 92
Lauz_Fairy
Lit
A2
Edexcel
Othello, Larkin - Whitsun Weddings, Wuthering Heights (compare with Return of hte Native from AS), Mrs Dalloway (coursework) and unseen poetry.
Eeyore
That really irritates me too, I totally know what you mean!

Yay, someone else understands! :cool:
Reply 94
Username: Diachrom
Lit / Lang / Land L: Literature
Set books / work / topics: AS - A Streetcar Named Desire, Betjeman, Hamlet (CW)
A2 - Othello, Chaucer's A Merhcant's Tale, Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience and Betjeman (Social Commentary), A Passage To India (CW)
Username : Deepbluedragon
Lit / Lang / Land L: Language and Literature
Set books / work / topics: Translations, Much Ado About Nothing, Poerty Anthology

IF YOU WANT MY NOTES FOR A2 OR AS THEN LET ME KNOW!!!

Gonna put them on ebay soon!
Reply 96
Username: Buttons7
Lit/lang/l&l: Literature
Level: Just took A2, am hoping to start an English degree in October.
Board: OCR
Set books/work/topics:
AS: 'Othello', Selected poems of TS Eliot, 'Wuthering Heights', 'Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf'
A2: 'King Lear', 'Paradise Lost' books I&II, Romanticism, 'Catch-22'
Reply 97
historyhoney
Well it makes sense to do one for this as well,

Username :frown:just easier then looking up)
Lit / Lang / Land L:
Level your taking:
Board:
Set books / work / topics:

shivani singhal
Lit and Lang
GCSE
OCR
Exam texts:Opening Lines (poetry), Opening Worlds(short stories), Northanger Abbey, Romeo and Juliet
Coursework texts: Journey's End, To Kill a Mockingbird, Romeo and Juliet
Username:Feeling Good
Lit / Lang / Lang L:Lit/Lang
Level I'm taking:Just finished the AS Course
Board:AQA (Lit/Lang B)
Set books / work / topics:Harry Potter/ Tom Brown's schooldays
Anthology
Next year:Midsummer Night's Dream.
Reply 99
Username: gemby!
Course: Literature
Level: A-Level (A2)
Board: AQA
Texts: Tess of the D'Urbervilles(coursework) and WW1 stuff.

Quick Reply