The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Thinking about overdosing...

Scroll to see replies

Attempting suicide is not worth it. Just imagine how different your life would be in say a year and a half..even this time next year you might have even got some conditional offers to become a vet?
I just think you haven't give it much of a chance for you to show yourself your capabilities because you owe yourself that!
Hope your feeling much better now
To the OP, if you haven't already you need to discuss these feelings and events with your GP sooner rather than later. The sooner you mention it the sooner this can be dealt with.

In the mean time if you're feeling suicidal I urge you to either contact:
Samaritans: 08457 90 90 90
Papyrus: 0800 068 41 41
Reply 22
I am praying for you. Please put things into perspective and realise that suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.
Reply 23
Most painful slowest agonising way to go... Please dont put yourself through that...
Reply 24
Sorry, but untill you have experienced suicidal thoughts yourself you have no idea how hellish it can be for someone. How dare you accuse the OP of being selfish, you have no idea what you are talking about! If the OP decides not to take the overdose, it shouldn't be because he/she is worried about the remaining friends and family, instead it should be because he/she has realised that there is hope for a better future and that they should not give up. Even if the future doesn't seem bright and doesn't turn out that way, I still think that suicide is not the way to go, giving up is letting yourself fail. Give yourself a chance OP.

Personally what helps me is to have faith that God will bring me through. He gives me strength.
Reply 25
if you dont get the grades you were hoping for then dont lose faith! my friend really wanted to do vetinary but her grades werent good enough, and another for dentistry. they applied to do bio-med and then plan on switching to their preferable courses after a year or two
OP please get in touch with the Samaritans or go to A&E. You'd be wasting your life for one maths grade. Your parents would be losing a child for one maths grade.
Reply 27
Why the **** you need math to become a vet?

If you kill yourself, you would never become a vet anyways, so stop thinking about that. Think of examples mate, Abraham Lincoln failed so many times but ultimately achieved his goal and was respected, get inspired.

Talk about this and make up your mind that you won't kill yourself PLEASE!

Math is all about learning from basics, take separate extra class with your teacher and master the basics first, it will take some time but you'll get the hang of it sooner than later.

best of luck, keep us updated with your math progress :smile: and I am sure you'll become a fantastic vet :biggrin:

Keep yourself occupied to keep those suicidal thoughts off, do some veryyyy basic math, don't be ashamed to pick up a low level book to improve your level :smile:
Reply 28
I am sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time at the moment and that things are so difficult for you. You mention that you are worried that you won't be able to achieve your goal of becoming a vet and that you are having problems at school especially with the maths department. Is there anyone that you can talk to? Friends, family or teachers about how you are feeling, I know this can be very hard but they might be able to get you some help. You could also go to see your GP as there maybe things that they can suggest that you can help. If you don't feel that you can speak to anyone that you know would you be willing to contact the samaritans? Their details can be found here: http://www.samaritans.org/ and you can phone, text or email them. If you would like someone at the samaritans to call you if you get in touch with me via the PM system I can pass on your details to them.

If you have done anything which could harm yourself please contact NHS direct on 08457 4647 or go to A&E.

This thread is going to remain closed now. This is not because we don't care or we don't want to help you but because sometimes people make insensitive or dangerous replies to threads like this. We are not in the best position to help you with this but please talk to someone about how low you are feeling and if you would like me to call the samaritans and give them your details please get in touch :smile:

Latest