The Student Room Group

Difference between a full and half head of highlights?

I was getting my hair cut today and my hairdresser told me about a half price deal they have going on colours at the moment. I have naturally medium blonde hair and she said she could put a few really fine highlights in my hair that would just make it look kind of sunkissed. She said she'd give me a half head, but i don't really know the difference. My only worry is that although there is a deal on right now, i'm not sure i can be bothered/afford to keep up with highlights after i start getting roots. She said that if she did them really fine, you wouldn't really be able to see that they had grown out as it would just look natural. Is this true?
Original post by moleman3

Original post by moleman3
I was getting my hair cut today and my hairdresser told me about a half price deal they have going on colours at the moment. I have naturally medium blonde hair and she said she could put a few really fine highlights in my hair that would just make it look kind of sunkissed. She said she'd give me a half head, but i don't really know the difference. My only worry is that although there is a deal on right now, i'm not sure i can be bothered/afford to keep up with highlights after i start getting roots. She said that if she did them really fine, you wouldn't really be able to see that they had grown out as it would just look natural. Is this true?

Full head does the full head, Half head does top of head (and normally very front of head as well)

If highlights are done fine enough then you really don't notice them growing out, obviously if they are purple highlights or something you will, but if they are a natural colour then they should blend in (don't forget, they will fade over time as well)
half head is usually just the top layer of hair. With a half head, if you put your hair up, you won't really be able to see the highlights.

Quick Reply

Latest