The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE science schemes of work

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I didn't know where it should go :tongue:

This is mostly for teachers but other people might have them. On the edexcel website the schemes of work and student support materials require a password. I would like the physics and chemistry schemes of work for '2' and above (which is P2, P3, C2, C3) and would be very grateful if someone could get them to me. Thanks for your time. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
im not sure students are allowed to have passwords to the edexcel papers (if required) coz then the student will tell his mates, and then it will just spread. plus, those papers are used for mock exams as well
Reply 2
Original post by The Polar Dude
im not sure students are allowed to have passwords to the edexcel papers (if required) coz then the student will tell his mates, and then it will just spread. plus, those papers are used for mock exams as well

Not the papers, the schemes of work. And the person doesn't need to tell me the password. :wink:
Original post by ElMoro
Not the papers, the schemes of work. And the person doesn't need to tell me the password. :wink:

:s-smilie: my bad, well im not sure in that case
Everything you need to know for the 2s and 3s in Edexcel 360 can be found in the CGP Edexcel 360 Science books + past papers. I guarantee you that 99% of all that you are asked in the exams will be covered by these books. You can get Bio/Chem/Phys books or you can get Core/Additional/Extension.
Reply 5
Original post by Procrastinate
Everything you need to know for the 2s and 3s in Edexcel 360 can be found in the CGP Edexcel 360 Science books + past papers. I guarantee you that 99% of all that you are asked in the exams will be covered by these books. You can get Bio/Chem/Phys books or you can get Core/Additional/Extension.

That's good news; I have those books. :smile:
Do you think it's possible to do both P2 and P3 in time for the exams in june. (which would be 6 topics I believe but I already know 1 pretty much inside out).

Thanks for the help. :smile:
Original post by ElMoro
That's good news; I have those books. :smile:
Do you think it's possible to do both P2 and P3 in time for the exams in june. (which would be 6 topics I believe but I already know 1 pretty much inside out).

Thanks for the help. :smile:

Yes. The P2 multiple choice shouldn't be too hard, it's a matter of doing the past papers again and learning a few facts.

P2 is relatively straightforward, with some straightforward maths in it. It's vital you do understand the stuff though - and that you understand definitions and how physics work.

As for P3, it's very short so there's not much excuse of not knowing it well enough. More maths, particles and medical physics .

In my school, we do the 2s in March and 3s in June, so doing the 2s and 3s in June shouldn't really pose much of a problem imo.
Reply 7
Yes. The P2 multiple choice shouldn't be too hard, it's a matter of doing the past papers again and learning a few facts.

P2 is relatively straightforward, with some straightforward maths in it. It's vital you do understand the stuff though - and that you understand definitions and how physics work.

As for P3, it's very short so there's not much excuse of not knowing it well enough. More maths, particles and medical physics .

In my school, we do the 2s in March and 3s in June, so doing the 2s and 3s in June shouldn't really pose much of a problem imo.

That's good to know, maths is my strong point actually. Do you know what chemistry will be like aswell?

I treid to rep you but I'm all out today. :frown:
Don't worry, mate, I'll try again! :biggrin:
Original post by ElMoro
That's good to know, maths is my strong point actually. Do you know what chemistry will be like aswell?

I treid to rep you but I'm all out today. :frown:
Don't worry, mate, I'll try again! :biggrin:

C2 is hell...not because it's hard, but because there's a lot of content to cover. Generally, there's a few maths questions (which are easy marks) and the content is relatively straightforward. You do need to learn some definitions of words carefully.

C3 is definitely going to be the hardest out of all the other ones. I haven't started on it yet but glancing through the pages it looks by far the most challenging (Physics is just maths and bits to learn, Biology is just a lot of words). The gap between C2 and C3 is far larger than B2-B3 or P2-P3.
I passed Edexcel science gcse last year. I gained a c in foundation. There is a lot to cover and remember, and only a few things came up in the exam. Annoying about gcses in general! BUT I found the exam easier than the official practice papers gave me. Keep going and it will stick.
Reply 10
C2 is hell...not because it's hard, but because there's a lot of content to cover. Generally, there's a few maths questions (which are easy marks) and the content is relatively straightforward. You do need to learn some definitions of words carefully.

C3 is definitely going to be the hardest out of all the other ones. I haven't started on it yet but glancing through the pages it looks by far the most challenging (Physics is just maths and bits to learn, Biology is just a lot of words). The gap between C2 and C3 is far larger than B2-B3 or P2-P3.

Original post by mathsstudent2011
I passed Edexcel science gcse last year. I gained a c in foundation. There is a lot to cover and remember, and only a few things came up in the exam. Annoying about gcses in general! BUT I found the exam easier than the official practice papers gave me. Keep going and it will stick.

Thanks for the help guys. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest