The Student Room Group

Higher English:Textual Analysis NAB Tips

Hello ,

I have my NAB tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone has in tips

Thanks for the help
Reply 1
--> Think outside the box !

English analysis is crazy and doesn't make sense. So to get good at it, you have to be able to understand this crazy unsensical nonsense.

Bullet points (unless there are any length evaluation questions).

Skim the piece before you answer any questions to give you a grasp of the broader context, then read the pertinent bits again in detail for a particular question.

Try to be concise - this both saves you time and stops you waffling your way out of a mark. The word our teacher used was 'lucid', which I thought captured it nicely.

Original post by Inlineadam
English analysis is crazy and doesn't make sense. So to get good at it, you have to be able to understand this crazy unsensical nonsense.

:s-smilie: Man, and I just repped you for being useful in another thread...
Reply 3
Thanks guys,

Got the 'steamie' by tony roper

Overall went well
Reply 4
Original post by Direct15
Thanks guys,

Got the 'steamie' by tony roper

Overall went well

I had that for my NAB too last year :smile:

I had to read it twice before it made any form of sense lol
Reply 5
i have the steamie tomoro... any pointers... anything i should look out for ??? :biggrin: xxxxxx
You get told what NAB you're sitting in advance? :eyebrow:
Original post by TheUnbeliever

Bullet points (unless there are any length evaluation questions).

Skim the piece before you answer any questions to give you a grasp of the broader context, then read the pertinent bits again in detail for a particular question.

Try to be concise - this both saves you time and stops you waffling your way out of a mark. The word our teacher used was 'lucid', which I thought captured it nicely.

:s-smilie: Man, and I just repped you for being useful in another thread...

What you talking about, best thing I've ever read on TSR.
Reply 8
Have any of you got results back for the steamie nab yet? If so what did u get and what answers were you giving for the questions? I'm trying to gauge whether I passed or not.
Reply 9
I just sat the steamie NAB aswell on tuesday! Was an Okay paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending