The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kinkerz
It's possible they've just tightened things up this year.

But didn't Keele have the same policy last year as well? :s-smilie:
Reply 161
Original post by thegodofgod
But didn't Keele have the same policy last year as well? :s-smilie:

I think so.
Reply 162
Hey :smile:

Im applying for the Keele undergrad course, love the place.

Plus dissection is defo a main selling point for me, im currently a 3rd year BMS student at Sheffield and we're lucky enough to do dissection and I love it!!!!

Fingers crossed everyone!!! x
Original post by Kinkerz
I think so.

When did you get invited to interview?
is it true that last year Keele gave AAB offers for Med?! it's AAA or A*AB now!
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
is it true that last year Keele gave AAB offers for Med?! it's AAA or A*AB now!

Yeah, but last year they had an applicant : place ratio of over 20:1, so they had to change something to cut down admissions. Nowhere does AAB offers anymore because of how many applications they received last year.
Original post by Normandy114
Yeah, but last year they had an applicant : place ratio of over 20:1, so they had to change something to cut down admissions. Nowhere does AAB offers anymore because of how many applications they received last year.

yeah i heard there were something like 3000 applicants for 130 places. let's hope it's less competitive this year. also, last year there were more applicants anyway cause of the tuition fee increase.
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
yeah i heard there were something like 3000 applicants for 130 places. let's hope it's less competitive this year. also, last year there were more applicants anyway cause of the tuition fee increase.

If you look at last year's stalking page you can tell how many applicants there were, and how ridiculous it was; TSR alone could have filled the quota. I doubt the tuition fee increase will decrease competition that much. The only people it will deter are those who would have gone for deferred entry, and those who decided to accept their 5th choice not reapplying.
It's very strange though, I know a person from the year above us who got an offer from here for 2011 entry who was in the same position. Something's not right.

Maybe its a sign there's more applicants this year, so they can't afford to make allowances :frown: ? And I thought Keele doesn't get back to anyone until Feb/March?
Original post by SylveeDiggs
Maybe its a sign there's more applicants this year, so they can't afford to make allowances :frown: ? And I thought Keele doesn't get back to anyone until Feb/March?

I would be very surprised if there was more applicants this year than there was last year, they've moved the offers up to AAB from AAA, and I imagine people would be put off by last year's 23:1 ratio, plus there's the tuition fee increase too.
I would be very surprised if there was more applicants this year than there was last year, they've moved the offers up to AAB from AAA, and I imagine people would be put off by last year's 23:1 ratio, plus there's the tuition fee increase too.

Lets hope you're right :s-smilie:

They interview between November and February, no idea when offers come in though.
Original post by SamHey789
They interview between November and February, no idea when offers come in though.

I heard they come in march..
Reply 173
Original post by SamHey789
When did you get invited to interview?

Pretty much around this time.
Original post by Kinkerz

I'm waiting just behind the letter box.
Original post by Kinkerz

You got invited to interview in october :O
Reply 176
You got invited to interview in october :O

I was in the interview chair exactly a month after sending my UCAS form off (13th of October).
Original post by Kinkerz
I was in the interview chair exactly a month after sending my UCAS form off (13th of October).

Omg how long was your notice?
Reply 178
I'm going to apply for Criminology, but have Keele as my 3rd choice. :smile:
If it helps, last years interviews started on Dec 2nd. That was the first day.

Quick Reply

Latest