The Student Room Group

Imperial Postgraduate Applications 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by vinc10
That's bad. I think you should wait till you get a decision from your 1st choice then decide?

I got an English language waiver telephone interview (5-10mins) tomorrow. They specifically states that this is different from the Skype interview I had last week (which assesses my academic suitability). I don't know if I'll be able to get an offer.....

Good luck. If your at the interview stage, that's a great sign..stay positive.

I just wish Cambridge would hurry up and reply :rolleyes:
Reply 121
Original post by federvo.mala
That's cool man!

Hey,but I am not late right?

I'm afraid that I don't have much idea about the timelines. I applied as soon as i could. Personally, i think it's not late if you applied on one of these days.
Reply 122
Original post by Akkuz
Good luck. If your at the interview stage, that's a great sign..stay positive.

I just wish Cambridge would hurry up and reply :rolleyes:

I passed the interview today :smile: However I still haven't got any emails from them about the decision. Anyone knows if the admissions are going on holiday after Wednesday or......? I don't want to wait till the new year:frown:
Reply 123
Original post by vinc10
I passed the interview today :smile: However I still haven't got any emails from them about the decision. Anyone knows if the admissions are going on holiday after Wednesday or......? I don't want to wait till the new year:frown:

Nice one. No idea if Imperial admissions are still open.

I'm considering withdrawing my Imperial application..and re-applying for a course in the Imperial Business School.

Is this a good idea? :s-smilie:

I've applied for Transport & Business Management but I'd like to apply for Economics & Strategy. The reason I didn't apply to this course in the first place was because it costs £20,000 but I've recently found out my personal circumstances have changed and I will have a few more sources from which to fund my MSc.

BUT the problem is I have an offer from King's which requires a £1,000 deposit in a couple weeks time..AHHH!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by abhi
I'm afraid that I don't have much idea about the timelines. I applied as soon as i could. Personally, i think it's not late if you applied on one of these days.

Hey abhi, which University are you from?
Reply 125
Wow, I'm only an undergrad applicant but this stuff sounds so cool!

Did any of you go imperial for ug?
Reply 126
Original post by Akkuz
Nice one. No idea if Imperial admissions are still open.

I'm considering withdrawing my Imperial application..and re-applying for a course in the Imperial Business School.

Is this a good idea? :s-smilie:

I've applied for Transport & Business Management but I'd like to apply for Economics & Strategy. The reason I didn't apply to this course in the first place was because it costs £20,000 but I've recently found out my personal circumstances have changed and I will have a few more sources from which to fund my MSc.

BUT the problem is I have an offer from King's which requires a £1,000 deposit in a couple weeks time..AHHH!!!

I would say yes if you are sure that you don't want to get into the Transport and Business Management programme. However, my main concern is that I don't know if the new programme they offer is good or not. After all, it's a completely new programme, although I guess there'll be quite a number of mutual modules with other business school programmes. Also, have you done any economics before? As I guess they would require some prior knowledge at undergraduate level. It'll be quite hard to follow if you have not done any of those before..

I just get a reply that I wouldn't be getting any decisions until the programme director return on 3rd of January. Sigh:frown:
Reply 127
Original post by vinc10
I would say yes if you are sure that you don't want to get into the Transport and Business Management programme. However, my main concern is that I don't know if the new programme they offer is good or not. After all, it's a completely new programme, although I guess there'll be quite a number of mutual modules with other business school programmes. Also, have you done any economics before? As I guess they would require some prior knowledge at undergraduate level. It'll be quite hard to follow if you have not done any of those before..

I just get a reply that I wouldn't be getting any decisions until the programme director return on 3rd of January. Sigh:frown:

Considering it's new..I may have more of a shot? By the time I finish my degree I'll have studied 5 economics based modules and 1 strategy. I will e-mail them and ask if that is enough.

Forget about it and enjoy the holidays. I've completely forgotten about my Cambridge application because I know they won't reply till Feb/March :tongue:

You'll probably get in because your background is completely non-management.
Reply 128
Original post by Akkuz
Considering it's new..I may have more of a shot? By the time I finish my degree I'll have studied 5 economics based modules and 1 strategy. I will e-mail them and ask if that is enough.

Forget about it and enjoy the holidays. I've completely forgotten about my Cambridge application because I know they won't reply till Feb/March :tongue:

You'll probably get in because your background is completely non-management.

Yes the best thing to do is to email the admissions and explain your background and circumstance. They'll definitely let you know if you are suitable, so not to waste your money and both parties' time.

Well... that's only the basic requirement and I know many people have already secured an offer :frown: I hope I'm not left out.... anyway I won't know until early January so...... try to forget it as you said :biggrin: Merry X'mas everyone!!
Reply 129
How long did people wait for after "Application being considered by the department"? Surely it shouldn't take long just to look at an application and see if it's good or not.
Reply 130
Original post by Tripo
How long did people wait for after "Application being considered by the department"? Surely it shouldn't take long just to look at an application and see if it's good or not.

Mines been like this for a month.
Reply 131
What, considered by the department? or just processing? Have your referees submitted both references?
Reply 132
Original post by Tripo
What, considered by the department? or just processing? Have your referees submitted both references?

consideration.

I've decided I'm going to withdraw my application and apply for economics and strategy :rolleyes:
Good evening guys,

I applied for an MSc in Petroleum Engineering. I applied quite literally on 30 November. I waited for months for the application to open up and when it did applied as soon as I could. For some reason, however, on my application it says 'submitted' not 'consideration' as has been mentioned once or twice in this thread. Does anyone have any idea how long they normally take?
On this page it says successful applicants will know by March -
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/earthscienceandengineering/courses/postgraduatecourses/mscpetroleumengineering/mscadmissions

I have an offer for an MSc in Oil and Gas Engineering from Aberdeen Uni and Robert Gordon Uni (same courses) and they want me to confirm before that. Could someone possibly shed some light on whether I should wait on that faint chance or just take one of them? If so some advice on which one would also be appreciated.
Reply 134
Original post by ashwin_547
X

That's normal. If it says March, then you may need to wait until then unfortunately.
buh-Jebus. Does it generally take that long? Have you applied anywhere else? If so how was your experience? I applied to Nottingham for example and they got back to me in under a week even though it said the whole process would take a minimum of 4 weeks. I always thought that would sort of a worst case thing because I would need to apply for accommodation and a student visa for which I would need to leave Birmingham and that's why I'm asking. What do you suggest? Just drop it and take one of the others?
Reply 136
Original post by ashwin_547
buh-Jebus. Does it generally take that long? Have you applied anywhere else? If so how was your experience? I applied to Nottingham for example and they got back to me in under a week even though it said the whole process would take a minimum of 4 weeks. I always thought that would sort of a worst case thing because I would need to apply for accommodation and a student visa for which I would need to leave Birmingham and that's why I'm asking. What do you suggest? Just drop it and take one of the others?

Queen mary took 3 weeks to reply to me.
King's College took 5 weeks to reply to me.
UCL took 6 weeks to reply to me.
I applied to Imperial 28th Nov. and still haven't heard anything. It's normal because it is the holiday season. Imperial is one of the best uni's in the world..it's worth waiting for. Give them an e-mail after the new year.

Places like Cambridge, can take 5-6 months to reply.
Reply 137
So mine has been considered by the department for a month now and they still haven't made their mind up. Hopefully now that both referees have submitted, they can finally get back to me. Seriously how many people actually apply to do an MSc in structural engineering even if it is imperial.
Reply 138
Original post by Tripo
So mine has been considered by the department for a month now and they still haven't made their mind up. Hopefully now that both referees have submitted, they can finally get back to me. Seriously how many people actually apply to do an MSc in structural engineering even if it is imperial.

I have applied to the business school and submitted both references on 30/11 and its still under consideration by the department. It's been over 5 weeks. Good luck with your application, it's really worth the patience since it's ICL. :smile:
anyone aiming at the MSc Strategic Marketing?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending