The Student Room Group

TSR Biology Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
mongoose
Oh yes, of course! No, you don't need to know anything about monoclonal antibodies for Health and Disease. The 2000 paper would've been based on the old syllabus.

Thanks so much mongoose! I wasn't sure since we were told by our teacher that 'If it's on past papers, you need to know it' <_< . I did some research and understand how the antibodies are formed, but I never completely got to grips about the application. Guess I'll have to wait until next year!

the_wizzz - I'll add you to the members list
Reply 41
shiny
Are you going to do sciency stuff? :smile:

Yep I hope so, I'm going to do A Levels in Bio, Chem and Physics (also Maths and Art) and then hopefully study medicine at university, I think I'd like to be involved with research but in what area I don't really know yet.

Any idea what you're going to do next (I read that you've just graduated)
Ooo, I want to join the biology society! It's my favorite subject, and im doing it for AS next year...Can I become a member too? :smile:
Reply 43
me!

Yep I hope so, I'm going to do A Levels in Bio, Chem and Physics (also Maths and Art) and then hopefully study medicine at university, I think I'd like to be involved with research but in what area I don't really know yet.

Any idea what you're going to do next (I read that you've just graduated)

Good ... lots of science :smile:

Technically I haven't graduated yet (end of this month :biggrin: ) but provided I don't fail my exams I am going to start PhDing in October.
Reply 44
lovely_girl
Ooo, I want to join the biology society! It's my favorite subject, and im doing it for AS next year...Can I become a member too? :smile:

Yes you can.

me! - Since you sound very interested in biology, do you want to be a member?
Reply 45
LS.
Yes you can.

me! - Since you sound very interested in biology, do you want to be a member?

Yes please :smile:
Reply 46
i wanna join!! woo another society!!......
......so what exactly are we all gonna do?
Reply 47
priya

Lol talk about anything biology related i suppose, and the exam coming up. Whats your exam board?
Reply 48
priya

Yes you can join.

I don't think societies do anything major; basically we can just talk about anything related to the subject, ask questions ect.

Plan B is to design a retro-virus....
Reply 49
I'm hoping to study Medicine as well!
Reply 50
Can I join? In an honorary manner is probably best!

I know nothing about nanobots, expect that they will taste like Ribena, be purple and rule the world.

Retro-viruses rock.
Reply 51
Fluffy

I know nothing about nanobots, expect that they will taste like Ribena, be purple and rule the world.

Retro-viruses rock.

u sure u want to? lol, ok i think you're gonna be bombarded with loadsa questions now .
Reply 52
Fluffy

Retro-viruses rock.

Yes, you can join, but why you want to be a honoury member, I don't know... but since you asked nicely, I'll create a honourary list.

Are they the Benabots (sp?) :wink: ? ....I'm sure I've seen them mentioned on another thread :biggrin:

'Do we get to learn about and create retro-viruses?' - Possibly not the best thing to say in your first lesson of AS bio.
Reply 53
LS.
Yes, you can join, but why you want to be a honoury member, I don't know... but since you asked nicely, I'll create a honourary list.

Are they the Benabots (sp?) :wink: ? ....I'm sure I've seen them mentioned on another thread :biggrin:

'Do we get to learn about and create retro-viruses?' - Possibly not the best thing to say in your first lesson of AS bio.

Cos otherwise I'd feel like a bit of a fraud having done biology A level and biology based degree and PhD.

Well, I guess you can join the society if you do GCSE/AS/A2/Degree level biology

The Bena bots are quite possibly the saviour of the universe. Even if they will put me out of a job and I will have to go and work for 'Shinytron Nanotech'!
the_wizzz
I'm hoping to study Medicine as well!

cool, me too :rolleyes:
Reply 55
lovely_girl
cool, me too :rolleyes:
And me!

UKL wanna be medic soc anyone? Only kidding :smile: :smile:
I'll join if I can have a special member status.
Reply 57
Fluffy
Cos otherwise I'd feel like a bit of a fraud having done biology A level and biology based degree and PhD.

Ok, since making people feel like a frauds is not my thing. Still having a hononary member in the society who's done a PHD in the subject is kind of amusing.

Fluffy
The Bena bots are quite possibly the saviour of the universe. Even if they will put me out of a job and I will have to go and work for 'Shinytron Nanotech'!

Yes, but might they be dangerous in the hands of evil people? Not that anyone would use them for anything devious...
Reply 58
Ralfskini
I'll join if I can have a special member status.

Such as....?
Reply 59
Fluffy
And me!

UKL wanna be medic soc anyone? Only kidding :smile: :smile:

Yeah ok! :biggrin: Joke, although it would be good if... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending