The Student Room Group

Canadian Soc anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Macnoob
What flight would you guys recommend? From Toronto to Heathrow? I don't travel outside of the states or Canada and am very shocked to see prices $1300+.

http://www.canadianaffair.ca/ check them out... charter airlines will give you a huge saving over Air Canada, British Airways etc
Reply 381
Original post by ChrisBan
http://www.canadianaffair.ca/ check them out... charter airlines will give you a huge saving over Air Canada, British Airways etc

Thanks dude, quick question is it worth flying to Birmingham (im going to Leicester) or should i just stick to gatwick/heathrow.
Original post by Macnoob
Thanks dude, quick question is it worth flying to Birmingham (im going to Leicester) or should i just stick to gatwick/heathrow.

Itll be easier, cheaper and quicker to fly to Birmingham and travel on to Leicester than go via London!
Reply 383
Out to BC for the holidays and absolutely loving it! Wishing y'all a very Merry Christmas from Whistler! :smile:
Reply 384
Hi everyone. Next year, I'm applying to UWO (University of Western Ontario) for their 2+2 program (basically studying economics for 2 years and then doing their HBA program at the Richard Ivey School of Business)

I was wondering if anyone could give me any insights on the course? the studentawards forum is pretty much dead compared to TSR which is disappointing :P

any information on London, Ontario would be appreciated as well - thanks in advance!
Original post by Part A
Hi everyone. Next year, I'm applying to UWO (University of Western Ontario) for their 2+2 program (basically studying economics for 2 years and then doing their HBA program at the Richard Ivey School of Business)

I was wondering if anyone could give me any insights on the course? the studentawards forum is pretty much dead compared to TSR which is disappointing :P

any information on London, Ontario would be appreciated as well - thanks in advance!

Hi, I am a recent grad of Ivey's HBA Program and I currently work as a Recruiting Associate. It would be my pleasure to answer any questions you have about Ivey, the University of Western Ontario and life in London, Ontario. You can contact Ivey directly at [Removed - please use PMs or post here]. I look forward to hearing from you.
Reply 386
Original post by IveyHBARecruiting
Hi, I am a recent grad of Ivey's HBA Program and I currently work as a Recruiting Associate. It would be my pleasure to answer any questions you have about Ivey, the University of Western Ontario and life in London, Ontario. You can contact Ivey directly at [Removed - please use PMs or post here]. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi there,

I've actually posted a thread or two on the studentawards forum - are you Richard Wong by any chance?

Basically, I'd like to know what are the specific A-level requirements for entry (e.g. what grades do I need to have a competitive chance) and also - if I want to do economics and then go onto the HBA, will I have to major in economics in 2nd year?

I know I can do a variety of course in AEO1 but what happens in AE02 if I want to continue with economics e.t.c?
Manz going to Canada in August. :excited:
Original post by Crazy Paving
Manz going to Canada in August. :excited:

Swear down? What for? I might be going there in late August.
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don

Original post by Makaveli_The_Don
Swear down? What for? I might be going there in late August.

My company are going global. Going to see the prime minister to find a big enough production pitch.
Original post by Crazy Paving
My company are going global. Going to see the prime minister to find a big enough production pitch.

Mashallah. I am Don Corleone. I want it. I have money to invest.
No deal.
Be careful. I will acquire all your company now, and you will get nothing.
Reply 393
hey guys i am from vancouver. just finished my application to Imperial College for earth science engineeri;
anybody know what average i need for a program like this?
To Canadians studying in England:

During the Olympics, Curling Continental Cup, etc. which team do you root for? Canada or Britain?
Reply 395
Original post by sumergocogito
To Canadians studying in England:

During the Olympics, Curling Continental Cup, etc. which team do you root for? Canada or Britain?

CANADA Baby! Best in the world at curling!! :-D
Good! I love Brewster, but if he's playing Howard or Martin I have to cheer for my fellow Canadian.
Hi, I have lived on the east coast of Canada for my entire life and would be happy to answer any questions you have.
Anybody from BC or Alberta? :biggrin:
Reply 399
Original post by punctuation
As someone applying to Oxford and who has emailed Oxford on several occasions, I must interject and note they expect a minimum of 85% average, equivalent to AAA. For subjects such as medicine, maths, etc. they require minimum 90%, equivalent to A*AA.

That's unfortunate how they view the Canadian education system. Hope you enjoy Edinburgh though! :biggrin:

this is so facked-up. it's like someone going to UBC or UT has a high chance of getting in LSE, IC or evwn Oxbridge.

Quick Reply