The Student Room Group

Pauls Boutique jackets? and should i get?

Well i do actually like PB quite a lot, i have used their products for about 4 years now. Some of their items though i think are worn/used by too many people and look tacky or too boring becuase of this.

*Not to affend anybody i do like the jacket its just too many people have it* but their quilted jackets. Everyone seams to have them, and for that reason i said id never get one. But they have just brought out two new styles which i love D:

My question is should i get one? or will i look stupid?
and if so which one?

Heres the two new designs i love

http://www.pauls-boutique.com/ProductImages/L/2/L5000274795001.jpg

http://www.pauls-boutique.com/ProductImages/L/2/L5000274805001.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh Lord. Don't get one from PB their clothes are so tacky it's unbelievable, if you're going to get a quilted jacket get a normal coloured plain one.
Reply 2
Well thats what i have been thinking, i hated them becuase of everyone wearing them and so on. But i really like the floral prints.

Might look for floral print jackets as alternatives.
Reply 3
Not a huge fan of those jackets, but I have to admit the print of the second one is really nice.
Reply 4
Original post by Maccabees
Oh Lord. Don't get one from PB their clothes are so tacky it's unbelievable, if you're going to get a quilted jacket get a normal coloured plain one.

Seconded.
Reply 5
I want to find Paul and set fire to this boutique of his.
Personally I'm not that keen on them, I think they're a bit tacky but each to their own
Pauls Boutique screams chav!! I would advise against it
if you're 13 it'd be fine..
Original post by Popppppy

"You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today! "

will rep later :tongue:
Reply 11
In my school only year 7-9 girls wear that stuff. Just sayin'
If you had to get one, the second one is nice. It probably has a massive "I <3 PB" on the back though...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by NatashaLee
Well i do actually like PB quite a lot, i have used their products for about 4 years now. Some of their items though i think are worn/used by too many people and look tacky or too boring becuase of this.

*Not to affend anybody i do like the jacket its just too many people have it* but their quilted jackets. Everyone seams to have them, and for that reason i said id never get one. But they have just brought out two new styles which i love D:

My question is should i get one? or will i look stupid?
and if so which one?

Heres the two new designs i love

http://www.pauls-boutique.com/ProductImages/L/2/L5000274795001.jpg

http://www.pauls-boutique.com/ProductImages/L/2/L5000274805001.jpg

Ignore people relentlessly slagging things off for the sake of it, branding everyone who wears PB, (and other brands) as chavs or whatever (i.e those who just dress like everyone else to conform if you like).

I for example started wearing hollister and superdry stuff a fair few years back now, but recently it's become too common, to the point where all the fake prep knobs wear it and so becomes common place, lacking in identity.

Ask yourself, do you care that other people WILL have near, if not completely identical clothes? If it doesn't then get it!

If like me however, in a non-hipster way, you don't like being the same as everyone else and favour a little originality and identity, then don't.
If you went to get a quilted jacket get one from somewhere like Joules, they used to do those jackets (literally the patterns were so similar) before they were fashionable, but I'm not sure if they do them now. But I can guarantee the quality will be better by Joules.
(edited 12 years ago)
As much as I dislike PB, I firmly stick by my views that you should wear what you feel comfortable in and like, regardless of whether it's in fashion or not.
Reply 15
Reply 16
First time I saw a Paul's Boutique jacket, I thought the girl was a Beastie Boys fan. And the first time I saw an "I <3 PB" bag, I thought the girl was really fond of peanut butter
Reply 17
Please for the love of god, do not purchase anything from PB.
They look vile and tacky.
NOOOO!!! PB is a tacky cheap desinger and the pictures that you have put up are quilted hun, i really love the ralph lauren blazer jackets.

Quick Reply

Latest