The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Notsocleverstudent
Wait imperial med school has more asians than BATL? :O

I'm surprised anyone is surprised by that..
Wait imperial med school has more asians than BATL? :O

You surely can't be surprised by that :tongue:
Original post by ViceVersa
You surely can't be surprised by that :tongue:

well BATL must have more southern asians right? Surely, that must be true. I can understand there being a lot more eastern asians in imperial but not the south.
Reply 4183
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Hey, I never said we'd be going for a night out. I said I'd have a few bevvies and probably wouldn't be going out since noone goes out on a thursday.

It's on a Wednesday?? :colone:

Any pre-fresher brave enough to come drinking with us would be coming to tables. The sports drinking night.
We will ruin you. FACT.

That page is so true :yep:

:rofl:

I hope you had no intention of going to Imperial med school then :tongue:

mate i did my undergrad at imperial, i was referring back then to an msc i applied for. I want nothing more to do with imperial, HATED that place, 4 years of pointless hell.
Reply 4184
Original post by MuffinMonster
And economics xD

Semi real asians :p: Bsians :mmm:
Original post by Revent
Semi real asians :p: Bsians :mmm:

Paha B isnt good enough! The hard core real asians are A*sians nowadays :tongue:
Reply 4186
Original post by MuffinMonster
Paha B isnt good enough! The hard core real asians are A*sians nowadays :tongue:

I'm the disgraced Asian at my school :colondollar: I'm only aiming for A's in all my A Levels even though I'm predicted to achieve A*'s based on my AS marks :erm:
Reply 4187
Last day of interviews today, so that means from tomorrow the obsessive email checking begins:colone:.
Reply 4188
Original post by rohitbd
Last day of interviews today, so that means from tomorrow the obsessive email checking begins:colone:.

You mean you haven't been obsessively checking already? :colondollar:
Reply 4189
Original post by Ellie_M
You mean you haven't been obsessively checking already? :colondollar:

Nah I have only been checking once a day lately, not expecting any other replies apart from barts so I thought I'd wait, :tongue: hope we don't have to wait till mid march thats still 2 weeks away:s-smilie:
Reply 4190
Original post by rohitbd
Nah I have only been checking once a day lately, not expecting any other replies apart from barts so I thought I'd wait, :tongue: hope we don't have to wait till mid march thats still 2 weeks away:s-smilie:

I tried only checking once a day but it didn't really work, I'm waiting for Southampton too though so it's not completely pointless. I agree with others on here that people will probably start to hear from the 5th. That gives them the rest of the week to order everyone by their interview scores and it should then start to let people know :smile:
Reply 4191
i believe my interview went well! fingers crossed for the replies now!

is it normal to barts interview to ask a lot of questions(around 15 or so)? because i was answering fast and they were keep asking more and more!
Reply 4192
Original post by andioula
i believe my interview went well! fingers crossed for the replies now!

is it normal to barts interview to ask a lot of questions(around 15 or so)? because i was answering fast and they were keep asking more and more!

Do you mind me asking, was your interview for the 5 year or graduate entry programme?

Normally, when interviewers ask lots of questions they are pushing you to try and see how capable you are, which is usually a good thing! :smile:
Reply 4193
Original post by Ellie_M
Do you mind me asking, was your interview for the 5 year or graduate entry programme?

Normally, when interviewers ask lots of questions they are pushing you to try and see how capable you are, which is usually a good thing! :smile:

it was for the 5 year programme!
i believe my answers were good and i didnt struggle on any of them..
we'll see though!

few days left guys... i truly hope to hear back soon!
well BATL must have more southern asians right? Surely, that must be true. I can understand there being a lot more eastern asians in imperial but not the south.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean but from my experience BATL is one of the "whiter" or at least mixed medical schools I know of.
:turtle: This is going way too slow!!!

:pee: Getting peed off with waiting.

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!:tongue:
First choice! Hope I get an offer!
Urgh. End of Feb is going to turn into beginning of March isn't it?
Reply 4198
Hi everyone,
I havent really posted on here so the regulars on here wont know me, but ive been following this thread like crazy, barts is my first choice what can i say!

So two things really..
1) im confused as too the dates about offers... and rejections :frown:... is it mid march or is that really to bide for time and as recent posts have suggested it's really much sooner as in next week?
2) Also i was wondering if anyone had the same interview experience as me? , i felt it went okay i didnt trip up or say absoutely the wrong thing but they weren't what i would say as friendly to me as some people have suggested talking about their hobbies!!, at times one interviewer looked at the other not necessarily in what looked like an encouraging way and what they did ask me didnt give me a chance to sell myself and what ive done more opinon questions that not much really could be said or anything brought in. i mean i guess my personal statement has it infront of them but just wondered what people thought about my experience?

sorry for the essay/story
thanks x
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Revent
I'm the disgraced Asian at my school :colondollar: I'm only aiming for A's in all my A Levels even though I'm predicted to achieve A*'s based on my AS marks :erm:

Well if it's enough to get you into medicine then I guess it's good enough :P

Quick Reply