The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

social work at queens university belfast 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by nicoleio
has anybody on this had unsuccesful replies yet??? i had my interview about 3 weeks ago now!xo

The waiting is unbearable!! I had mine 2 weeks ago & wanna know either way lol
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 41
Original post by edstark

its wick waiting :frown::frown: i hate it! i am waiting on hearing back from nursing for qub and magee! and heard that qub nursing dont find out til june!!

crazy long time! was just wondering if anyone who had applied for social work actually had rejections! i havnt heard of anyone out of the people i no applied!

xo
Reply 42
Original post by nicoleio
has anybody on this had unsuccesful replies yet??? i had my interview about 3 weeks ago now!xo

I had mine 5 weeks ago for Magee and have still heard nothing. The wait is killing me but no news is good news
Reply 43
Original post by edstark

I agree!! So hard waiting! I'm just telling myself no news is good news! Stay positive lol! Xo
Queen's let you know in writing by May...sure they gave you a sheet saying so before your interview lol. Magee is by 30th March I have heard, just because your interview was early on doesn't mean they are gona make a decision early. They make decisions once all of the interviews are over, so everyone has a fair chance.
Original post by shirlene1411
Queen's let you know in writing by May...sure they gave you a sheet saying so before your interview lol. Magee is by 30th March I have heard, just because your interview was early on doesn't mean they are gona make a decision early. They make decisions once all of the interviews are over, so everyone has a fair chance.

Hey are you sure Magee is letting us know that early they normally only give offers a week before QUB as far as I know. I hope your right cos this waiting is so hard.
Reply 46

well they dont wait to reject people until everyone has been interviewed, 2 people from my class have been rejected already, one for queens and one from magee!
Original post by sheawill
well they dont wait to reject people until everyone has been interviewed, 2 people from my class have been rejected already, one for queens and one from magee!

oh touchy calm down, was only offering some help. No news is good news then as they say....
Original post by Malteasers2012
Hey are you sure Magee is letting us know that early they normally only give offers a week before QUB as far as I know. I hope your right cos this waiting is so hard.

my badddd Im sorry haha, I could have swore this said nursing! Im on about nursing not social work! So not sure what applies for your course but all the best, the waiting part is hard!! :frown:
Reply 49
Original post by edstark
Hope this link helps!!

http://www.ucas.com/students/importantdates[/QUO

Great help thank you :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
my badddd Im sorry haha, I could have swore this said nursing! Im on about nursing not social work! So not sure what applies for your course but all the best, the waiting part is hard!! :frown:

Have you applied to both nursing and SW? I really hope they let us know by Easter and not keep us waiting til May.
Reply 52
No problem! At least it kinda gives a deadline I suppose but hoping we hear in the next few weeks! :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by Neards
How quickly did they get rejection notice after interview and by what means?

they got an email to say that something on their ucas form had changed, and when they checked it was a rejection, one was the day before her 2 week mark, and the other was the day after his interview. i called queens uni school of social work yest and they said we might not hear until the 2nd week in May!! god this waiting is hell lol
Reply 54
Hey guys,

So glad I found this thread. Had my interview for UU on the 26th March for South West College in Dungannon. One minute I'm thinking the interview went ok, the next I'm thinking I made a shambles of it, I did repeat myself a bit but im sure they account for nerves!

Hopefully I've done enough, mentioned anti-oppressive and anti-discrimatory practice and all the NISCC codes of practice, and a few psychologists that had interesting theories on care practices,ive 5years volunteering with addictions, elderly, families and single people having difficulties all with St Vincent De Paul....so fingers crossed I got everything across. Im constantly told that i'd be a good SW but its the panel that hopefully seen it.

I asked a question at the end when they asked me......but honestly I never listened to their answer as I was just so relieved that it was over.

I feel for all you's guys who have been waiting for months, hopefully this month flies in and we all get good news :smile:

Did anyone apply for dungannon??

Mary :smile:
Hi all I applied for social work at Queens last year and got a rejection within 5 days of interview I was so sure I did well I was confident and answered all questions fully I was studying a HND at the time and was more than prepared. However I had my interview in Feb and still haven,t heard anything, but this time I felt the interview was awful I didn,t prepare at all as the letter only came the Friday and interview was first thing Monday morning, so I think maybe sometimes you can be over prepared and maybe I was just a little bit too sure of myself last year. Hopefully I get in this year as they say no news is good news.
Reply 56
Cheers, u've completely deflated me lol fingers crossed neway
Reply 57
I never seen anything about numbers or being marked out of 8 I was too busy babbling and didn't wana lose my concentration! The only thing is when I came out I was like arrrghhhh I shuda said this and that, but I think that's the same for every interview, I also basically banged the table at one stage when I was gettin my point across, not in an angry way, more using the table as apparatus lol in hindsight I suppose that wasn't a great idea lolol here's hoping they see it as passionate rather than psychotic!

What's ur uni of choice neards?
Reply 58
All UUC and Queens. The gentleman interviewer seemed enthusiastic about what I was saying but the lady didn't. And all this chat about it being informal-I was in an office with a huge table between us!
Reply 59
Sorry,just re-read your question. Ideally Magee

Quick Reply