The Student Room Group

My Murder

BBC3 drama based on the honey trap killing of Shakilus Townsend - what did people think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I really wanted to watch this last night on iPlayer but I never got round to it... Worth me watching or not?
I watched it, not really much to say.
Very good. I love these gritty London dramas, though I'm rubbish at finding them... can only think of Kidulthood as another example :frown:
Its depend on your capacity how much you have to tendency to face event like that. you should watch such episode with someone. Thanks
Reply 5
Well, I am from Croydon,

I remember some of these gangs, like SMN (shine my nine), DSN (don't say nothing). I think a few of those guys in this video, were some who murdered Shak, RIP, wrong place/ wrong time.

Looks very amateurish (young), but back in the day these gangs had members/associates in their 100's/ 1000's because unless you were associated with them or knew some1 for sure you couldn't roam free in Croydon!

Hard to believe these guys were the guys who were capable of murder....

They must've been making crazy amounts of money...

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/5024057.Rival_gangs_in_Croydon_street_battle/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ebam_uk
Well, I am from Croydon,

I remember some of these gangs, like SMN (shine my nine), DSN (don't say nothing). I think a few of those guys in this video, were some who murdered Shak, RIP, wrong place/ wrong time.

Looks very amateurish (young), but back in the day these gangs had members/associates in their 100's/ 1000's because unless you were associated with them or knew some1 for sure you couldn't roam free in Croydon!

Hard to believe these guys were the guys who were capable of murder....

They must've been making crazy amounts of money...

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/5024057.Rival_gangs_in_Croydon_street_battle/

That's the girl isn't it, the one in the video?
The story brought me close to tears, i watched it on iplayer and had to pause it for a second at the end to fathom that this could actually be real, how a girl could lead a guy to his death like that, it was truley heartbreaking.

I remember hearing it on the news in 2008 and the story stayed with me for ages, this show just brought back all the emotions i felt before, how can someone do that to someone.

R.I.P Shaki, the kid was trying to change his life around aswell attending college etc, like is just messed up...
It was good, the only bit that didn't seem that realistic was when Shak and his friend got stopped by 3 people but ends up punching one in the face and taking the bike, lol they wouldn't stand there and take that on their own estate.
Reply 9
was filmed in my hood
It was good. I never quite understand why guys always take it out on the other guy seeing their girlfriend, when the other guy doesn't even know she is with anyone. If anyone, it should be his girlfriend he should be angry with, how was Shak to know she was with someone? I never understand that logic. It was good that the attackers got life sentences at least.
Reply 11
It was really emotional- especially as it was based on real events. I think it is sad that people believe that violence and murder is the only way to solve anything. That boy had so much to live for and he was murdered why? Because of a jealous teenage boy and a girl that has no respect for herself or morals.
I'm going to stop writing before I end up writing an essay :tongue: But the acting was really good especially the lead actor.
Reply 12
Original post by GdotL
That's the girl isn't it, the one in the video?

Maybe its the girl, they made her seem much more innocent in the programme, she is like one of the guys, obvious gang member.

Also the one called "rugrats" definitely was mentioned as being prosecuted for murder.
Reply 13
Thought it was really good. Very sad story
The ending was so sad :frown:, I hope that girl rots in jail the scum.
Was a really interesting depiction of the event. Only unrealistic bit was the girl in the programme was so much better looking than the actual one lol
Reply 16
Original post by Extricated
Was a really interesting depiction of the event. Only unrealistic bit was the girl in the programme was so much better looking than the actual one lol

Well, Croydon girls ain't exactly the finest girls in the world.

To be honest though, we don't know exactly how she looked like at the time Shak fell in love since say the pictures in the media/youtube could be older/younger....

But yeah i think they made the girl in the programme look a lot more innocent, From youtube Sam appears to be a major force in the Shine My Nine gang from her freestyling..
i really liked it, not my usual sort of thing but it did bring tears to my eyes. it's so horrible to think this sort of stuff happens for real :frown:
it was filmed at my school and i was in part of it :smile: (eastlea community school)
Original post by ebam_uk

Those guys need to get a college application and or a job......
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest