The Student Room Group

Would I be allowed to put just my AS grades on my CV...

...if I failed my A2s?
Even if you failed your A2s, aslong as you got a decent grade at AS, then your overall a-level qualification grade will be at least an E. An a-level is half made up of an AS and half A2. And it looks better to have full a-levels than only ASes, cos they'll probably ask why you've only got ASes and what you did the year after your ASes and if you lie and your employer finds out, they can sack you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
If you failed your A2's completely and got all U's then no point putting that on there. They only care about what you passed not failed lol

If you get an A at AS then that counts as an E in A2 (without any extra UMS from A2 exams) so even if you did get a D thats a U grade at A2.
Original post by Clare~Bear
Even if you failed your A2s, aslong as you got over a D at AS, then your overall a-level qualification grade will be at least an E. An a-level is half made up of an AS and half A2. And it looks better to have full a-levels than only ASes, cos they'll probably ask why you've only got ASes and what you did the year after your ASes and if you lie and your employer finds out, they can sack you.

Well that's just not true. You can get a high B at AS and still get a U overall.
Original post by hassi94
Well that's just not true. You can get a high B at AS and still get a U overall.

Correct. 77/100, 79/100, 0/100, 1/100 would be a U grade at A-level.
Reply 5
Original post by raaachek
...if I failed my A2s?

Not if you're a baby face :colondollar:
...if I failed my A2s?

No employer is going to care about AS grades. As far as they are concerned you either have A levels or you don't.
Reply 7
Believe it or not employers do not care about your grades. Like threeportdrift said you either have the qualification or not so don't worry about it. My friend's put a table on their CV showing their subjects and grades that just screamed tacky all over.
Reply 8
...if I failed my A2s?

If you do omit your A-Level grades, putting aside whether you should or shouldn't, how do you intend to justify the time spent doing your A-levels?
Reply 9
Original post by warmday
If you do omit your A-Level grades, putting aside whether you should or shouldn't, how do you intend to justify the time spent doing your A-levels?

That's a very good point. Could I not just put the truth?
Original post by warmday

That's a very good point. Could I not just put the truth?

You wouldn't miss them out. You'd have to write either

20xx-12 School Name, Town
Studied A level French, Maths and German
if you got Us or don't want to say

or

A level French (E), Maths (E) and German (E)
if you want to show your grades
Reply 11
Original post by threeportdrift

or

2010-12 School Name, Town

So I couldn't just write:

20xx-11 School Name, Town
AS level Law (C), Politics (C), Spanish (D) and Religious Studies (D)...

...and then like:

A level " " " " " " ": N/A?
Reply 12
Original post by threeportdrift

or

Oh sorry! I completely misread your post. Okay, thanks a lot :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending