The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Refs really want the Knicks to win today...
Melo's getting it in.
Original post by Jingers
Melo's getting it in.

why is James not guarding Melo, Battier cant throw him off cant figure out why he isnt on him.
Reply 2183
Huge night by Melo...again.

I wonder where all the critics have gone. They're certainly not there when Melo is dropping 40 and single-handedly keeping NY in the game.
Reply 2184
Lebron completely shut down Melo in the 4th. Miami end up with the win.
Original post by Xotol
Huge night by Melo...again.

I wonder where all the critics have gone. They're certainly not there when Melo is dropping 40 and single-handedly keeping NY in the game.

Don't worry I'm here: When Melo isn't fluking deep 3s like against Chicago he's useless in late-game situations.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2186
Original post by BigFudamental
Don't worry I'm here: When Melo isn't fluking deep 3s like against Chicago he's useless in late-game situations.

Actually, it was pretty good tactics. Lebron was kept off Melo until the 4th to save his energy. Melo looked shattered in the end playing too much minutes and forced too many shots.

Also, that's hugely unfair. Melo has been amazing these past few games and is the only reason NY has been in these games (and this game). He dropped 42 this game... on 14/27 shooting.
Original post by Xotol
Actually, it was pretty good tactics. Lebron was kept off Melo until the 4th to save his energy. Melo looked shattered in the end playing too much minutes and forced too many shots.

Also, that's hugely unfair. Melo has been amazing these past few games and is the only reason NY has been in these games (and this game). He dropped 42 this game... on 14/27 shooting.

Yea guess I'm playing devil's advocate more than anything. The whole team just started taking really bad shots in the last five minutes, and Wade is one of the best late-game players in the league.
Reply 2188
Inb4 "skip bayless" :colonhash:
Reply 2189
Yeah, Wade was sick in the last final minutes, but credit to Lebron too. He played hardcore defense and managed to score a few.

And Bosh had a huge rebounding game. I genuinely think he's the Heat's most important player.
Shumpert stays locking people down on defence though.
Original post by Xotol

Ahhh if thats really what Spoelstra wanted then that was a pretty good idea :redface:
Got the fantasy league on lock
Reply 2193
D-Rose with clutch 3 pointer to tie game.
That's maaad stuff by lebron... 17 straight points to come from behind and win the game single handed with 46 to go... Damn!
Reply 2195
Original post by BigFudamental

Is this serious ? So innacurate, look at this for starters http://www.82games.com/1112/CSORT11.HTM and also

Among players that have taken at least 20 field goal attempts in game-tying or game-winning situations in the last 15 seconds of the 4th quarter or overtime in the past 10 years, Anthony ranks first in field-goal percentage (46.2), according to the Elias Sports Bureau. He has made 24 of 52.

His 24 field goals are second to Kobe Bryant's 26. But Bryant is shooting 30.2 percent in 'clutch' situations (26-86).
Melo, JR and Novak against the Celtics...
Why does Rondo not dunk anymore?
(ignore the music)
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--celtics--big-three-nearly-split-at-trade-deadline.html;_ylt=AkWX6DZQyX9_DcNLtSVq3Gu8vLYF
Celtics came close to trading PP and Ray on the deadline
Celtics fans how would you have felt if the trades went through ?
Reply 2199
Original post by Simon Adebisi
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--celtics--big-three-nearly-split-at-trade-deadline.html;_ylt=AkWX6DZQyX9_DcNLtSVq3Gu8vLYF
Celtics came close to trading PP and Ray on the deadline
Celtics fans how would you have felt if the trades went through ?

as a neutral I think I might say it might have been good to see some fresh legs on the Celtics team tbh. Both are wayyyy past what they used to be and don't think can hold it anymore.

Latest