The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Uni of Dundee accommodation 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by JordWard
I don't think I am either looking at your link. I'm school of medicine, and on that it's says there are no scholarships currently available, plus the only one they do offer (Dow Memorial) is usually for those with financial hardships - I don't think I qualify for that :s-smilie:

Ahh well..

I think maybe you only get sent it if you qualify for one...? Because my course is split between Art and Engineering and Engineering offer a few scholarships on things like academic merit which I think would be the only thing I'm eligible for...
Ah well I'll soon find out because I will try to apply tomorrow :-)
X
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 61
Original post by Lannie447

I applied for Product Design and Accepted a few weeks ago. Can't wait! How about you? x

I'm in psychology! Same, can't wait to start university too! :smile:

Only wish my parents weren't flying over with me, they are all paranoid that I won't survive. On the bright side, I'll have more luggage space!
Reply 62
Original post by Student-S

Only wish my parents weren't flying over with me, they are all paranoid that I won't survive. On the bright side, I'll have more luggage space!

Ah, that's quite a good idea! I'm coming from Germany (also for Psychology) and originally my parents planned to take the car later and drive some of my stuff to Dundee by passing through France, crossing the channel at Calais/Dover and then going up north through the whole of England :biggrin: I don't think that I could fit all the stuff in my room in the residence anyway ...
Reply 63
Original post by Sir Fox
Ah, that's quite a good idea! I'm coming from Germany (also for Psychology) and originally my parents planned to take the car later and drive some of my stuff to Dundee by passing through France, crossing the channel at Calais/Dover and then going up north through the whole of England :biggrin: I don't think that I could fit all the stuff in my room in the residence anyway ...

Have you considered using the Hull to Rotterdam/Zebrugge ferry? That is what I have always used when travelling to Germany and it means that you don't have to drive from Dover.
Reply 64
Original post by Student-S

Haha! So will they stay for long? I think I might just drive down with my mum then send her back home asap! Haha! Hopefully none of my flatmates will meet her! So you're flying? Is that not extremely limited luggage space? You'll have to tell your parents that they're not allowed any clothes and fill their suitcases with your stuff! Oh and I think I missed where you're from? I'm guessing it's abroad, seeing as you're flying...

Original post by Sir Fox

Oh gosh! And I thought that travelling down from Orkney to Dundee would be bad!
X
Reply 65
Got Belmont flats standard room :smile: anyone else?
P.s. are the standard rooms tiny or a bearable size? Aha
Reply 66
Original post by Maddiee
Got Belmont flats standard room :smile: anyone else?
P.s. are the standard rooms tiny or a bearable size? Aha

Not yet. Although they're my first choice. Apparently 13 metres squared, went to visit them last week and saw a standard be.mont flat, quite spacious actually and huge desk space.
How many choices do you need to make on the application?
Reply 68
Original post by JordWard
Not yet. Although they're my first choice. Apparently 13 metres squared, went to visit them last week and saw a standard be.mont flat, quite spacious actually and huge desk space.

Finally someone who applied :biggrin: hope you get it! It would be lovely to know someone before we start! Got my room numbers and everything as well, so excited!!

Whereabouts are you from if you don't mind me asking?
I firmed my unconditional offer almost three weeks ago and I've still had no email about accommodation. Anyone else in a similar situation? I'm getting concerned.
Reply 70
Original post by MeganGraham
I firmed my unconditional offer almost three weeks ago and I've still had no email about accommodation. Anyone else in a similar situation? I'm getting concerned.

They sent me an email about accommodation 2 days after I firmed my conditional. I know some people are still waiting though... I would phone them just to make sure. Have you checked your Dundee email? And eVision?
Reply 71
Original post by Maddiee
Got my room numbers and everything as well, so excited!!

How long after applying for accommodation did you hear back from the Uni? It's probably only been a few days since I applied but it feels like forever!
I've checked them all :frown: I asked about it at the visit day today, and they said it was unusual. It's quite disheartening. If I don't hear tomorrow, I'm gonna email them.
Reply 73
Original post by :Sarah
How long after applying for accommodation did you hear back from the Uni? It's probably only been a few days since I applied but it feels like forever!

I got the email informing that I could apply on the 19th and I applied the same evening, and I received my offer at about 6 pm today, which isn't too bad
Reply 74
I've checked them all :frown: I asked about it at the visit day today, and they said it was unusual. It's quite disheartening. If I don't hear tomorrow, I'm gonna email them.

Oh. :frown: Yeh I think it would be a good idea to contact them. Just a warning though, I emailed them almost a week ago asking a question about my application and they still haven't got back to me, so you might want to phone up the admissions office for a quicker reply! I'm guessing it's just because of how busy they'll be at this time of year.
I guess so. I'm just worrying that I'll get put in the halls I dont want :frown:. Ah well, fingers crossed!
Reply 76
I guess so. I'm just worrying that I'll get put in the halls I dont want :frown:. Ah well, fingers crossed!

Well the faster the better I guess! It will probably just be a mistake on their part. I've heard if you apply early you're more likely to get one of your first two choices, and I would still class this as pretty early. I wouldn't worry too much. :smile:
I hope so. My friend got her first choice, so I'm hoping it gets sorted ASAP and I get into either my first or second :smile: I worry too much!
Reply 78
I think the great thing about Dundee is that you will never be really unlucky with your halls as almost all of them are pretty good. They are quite modern (except for Belmont tower, which is supposed to be equal to the newer residences in terms of the inside) and there is only one hall (West Park Flats and Villas) which is not on campus or very, very close to it.

I firmed Dundee last Sunday and didn't worry about accommodation, but as the scramble for residences seems to be in full swing I guess I'll e-mail the university if I don't get the mail until mid of next week :biggrin:
I just don't want to end up living somewhere for a year that I hate. It's the only thing that's worrying me. I guess I'll just have to put up with what I'm given.

Quick Reply