The Student Room Group

IB exams 2012 start tomorrow :o

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by beautiful-lion
yep. It's not the 42 that's so bad, but the 7,7,6 at hl.

also, I secretly want 45 so much (IhatemyselfIhatemyself)

same, i'd like to have 45 as well, :-D, btw, where are you going for uni???
I feel anxious and a bit nervous about some exams but to be honest, the knowledge that by the 18th of May after my Biology Paper 3 exam, I will have finished the IB is an even greater feeling. Can't wait! :smile:

Best of luck to all of you and keep reminding yourself that you have less than 3 weeks left! :biggrin:
Reply 42
Original post by StephMusic
Good Luck people :biggrin:

Mine are May 2nd - May 11th :s-smilie:

Mines exactly the same!! Hell, some guy in my class is finishing by 9th!!!
Good luck to you all!!
Reply 43
Original post by simoncino
3 weeks of hell coming up!!!!

Every exam is scary to me :/

Also, was just reading the regulations, and spotted this:

Screen Shot 2012-05-01 at 20.20.04.png

Keep this in mind guys! I may just be being paranoid, but I'd hate for anyone to ruin all their hard work by doing this and getting caught... We all know how silly the IB can be :P

Yeh, my coordinator told us about it at mock exams we had in January.
- I used it as an excuse not to talk to my parents about how the exams were, just makes me stressed. :tongue:
And apparently it's best not to talk about the exam you just did with friends
(they made that statement about contacting other people for people in different timezones/different times for starting) but talking about it makes you realise you may not have had the correct approach and make you feel worse & stressed... apparently...
Reply 44
Original post by kmessed
Mines exactly the same!! Hell, some guy in my class is finishing by 9th!!!
Good luck to you all!!

Wow, I think I'm one of the earliest in my year... 9th?!! wth?! ahhh
Yay good luck to us early finishers (as it means everything is crammed into short time, no extra study time :eek: ) and to everyone (who stress more as its over a longer time) :eek:
good luck :biggrin:
Original post by TTGenius
same, i'd like to have 45 as well, :-D, btw, where are you going for uni???

Cambridge if I get my offer. You?
HISTORY HL :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

I need 42 at least, so every exam is daunting :frown:

wow i'm so glad my cambridge offer is only 38!
Good luck guys :biggrin: I'm sure you'll do well :yep:

Original post by XxelliexX

I hope you get to study philosophy there. Best of luck :h:
Reply 48

seriously??????????????? wht, which college, which subject???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Reply 49
Cambridge if I get my offer. You?

yeah, same, churchill, cambridge.... what's yours, college+subject
Reply 50
gotta get 42 points for a cambridge offer as well :frown: absolutely ****ting myself about every exam especially standard maths and higher latin. the pressure is absolutely huge cant believe it all comes down to the next few weeks... :frown:
Original post by chickenonsteroids

I hope you get to study philosophy there. Best of luck :h:

Aw thank you, I'll be heartbroken if I don't :frown: But I feel like I don't deserve it because I've been procrastinating so much and haven't done nearly as much work as I should've done :frown:

seriously??????????????? wht, which college, which subject???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Wow calm down lol! Philosophy at King's :smile: 38 points with 766 is King's standard IB offer... :smile:
Wow there's a lot of cambridge offer holders here...
Reply 53
Aw thank you, I'll be heartbroken if I don't :frown: But I feel like I don't deserve it because I've been procrastinating so much and haven't done nearly as much work as I should've done :frown:

Wow calm down lol! Philosophy at King's :smile: 38 points with 766 is King's standard IB offer... :smile:

****, that's unfair...
I mean mine's 40, which is not a problem, but look at those 42s.....................
Original post by hattieb
gotta get 42 points for a cambridge offer as well :frown: absolutely ****ting myself about every exam especially standard maths and higher latin. the pressure is absolutely huge cant believe it all comes down to the next few weeks... :frown:

Oooh higher latin! high five! :biggrin: it still doesn't feel like it's the real thing to me, lol, it still just feels like we're doing mocks and in a couple of weeks time i'm going to be back at school getting my results, kicking myself and telling myself i'll work harder for the real thing...

You'll get it :h:

I hope I'll even get an offer :moon:
****, that's unfair...
I mean mine's 40, which is not a problem, but look at those 42s.....................

I don't understand why more IB people don't apply to king's?? :confused: to be perfectly honest it was the main reason i applied there!
Original post by chickenonsteroids
You'll get it :h:

I hope I'll even get an offer :moon:

I hope you do! It'll be cool to see you around cambridge in real life, haha! xD you deserve to at least :smile:
Reply 58
Oooh higher latin! high five! :biggrin: it still doesn't feel like it's the real thing to me, lol, it still just feels like we're doing mocks and in a couple of weeks time i'm going to be back at school getting my results, kicking myself and telling myself i'll work harder for the real thing...

high five :smile: how do you feel about it? the lit paper seems so unpredictable and weird :frown::frown: just dont know what questions or what answers they want!! ahh dont worry even if you think you havent done enough so much would have gone in over the two years and its probably best because you wont be worked up!
Reply 59
I don't understand why more IB people don't apply to king's?? :confused: to be perfectly honest it was the main reason i applied there!

i applied to churchill because i heard they have the best dorms...
but since you need 776 in hl anyway, it doesn't make a huge difference. I don't suppose anyone will lose marks in SLs

Quick Reply