The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There is never such a thing as doing enough past papers. The more practice the better :smile:
Reply 2
As my PE teachers used to say, "the best way to learn a game is to play it" (and then we'd go and play sports instead of just exercising and drills - yay!)

In this case, as the person above me said, do past papers and practise from books.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
This is one of those exams where grade boundaries are really high. So accuracy is everything: you have to do tons past papers no matter how good you are at maths.
Reply 4
I've finished most of my revision for C2, just have to do some more solomon papers

EDIT: Why am I negged for this? :s-smilie:
EDIT 2: Okay, if you're gonna neg me at least tell me why
EDIT 3: Fine, you guys win
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Finished going over first 5 chapters, doing C2 Differentiation currently... minging
Reply 6
Hate those bloody shape questions @@@

Anyone know why the grade boundaries for C2 are always high??
Reply 7
fairly happy with my revision for this, just really hate those 'wordy' diferentiation questions and some of the trig stuff
Reply 8
Original post by QwertyG
Hate those bloody shape questions @@@

Anyone know why the grade boundaries for C2 are always high??

The edexcel maths papers are usually easy, so to compensate for it, they probably raise the grade boundaries.

Though i will like harder papers with lower grade boundaries, these high grade boundaries judge accuracy rather than ability.
how would you do

given that

Y=3x^2

show that log3y=1+2log3x

1+2log3x= log3 (28x-9)
Reply 10
Original post by salma25
how would you do

given that

Y=3x^2

show that log3y=1+2log3x

1+2log3x= log3 (28x-9)

y=3x2 y=3x^2

Take log3 log_3 of both sides.

y=3x2    log3y=log33x2 y=3x^2 \implies log_3y = log_33x^2

Now remember that, logabc=logab+logac  and  logmdn=nlogmd  and  logkk=1 log_abc = log_ab + log_ac \ \ and \ \ log_md^n = nlog_md \ \ and \ \ log_kk = 1
Reply 11
Personally invested in a TI-83 to check all my integration... If it makes it that much more reliable it's worth the extra cash for a fair few marks... These A-levels are for life... Personally I hate differentiation those questions are made by Lucifer himself.

However good luck all!
Reply 12
Has anyone got C2 2012 Jan past paper and mark scheme?
Reply 13
Original post by POUIYUKI
Has anyone got C2 2012 Jan past paper and mark scheme?

Download it from my thread, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1971182
Reply 14
A good calculator (not banned) that can do various tricks is useful for the exam:wink:
Original post by silentlife
A good calculator (not banned) that can do various tricks is useful for the exam:wink:[/QUOT

what type of calculator are you referring to? :wink: tehe.
FX991ES.
Original post by omilawal
I've finished most of my revision for C2, just have to do some more solomon papers

What are solomon papers ?!
Reply 18
Original post by Jeeargee_00
What are solomon papers ?!

Harder maths papers produced by Solomon Press - all over the internet.
Reply 19
Apparently Edexcel said the January 2012 paper was hard, so will it be easier this summer?

Latest

Trending

Trending