The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

First exam tomorrow, really calm :biggrin:

Original post by The Puppet Master
I like thatcher, though wasn't alive when she was in power, my dad was and did vote her in. He was in the army and apparently she was very kind to them, plus he practically lived abroad, so he has nothing bad to say about her. I respect her for being a woman in power. Couldn't have been much worse than Cameron, surely? :h:

In other news, I'm a bad person. I've met someone incredible, she is literally amazing and I can't stop thinking about her. We've been talking for a while now, she told me she's bi the other day. :lolwut: I didn't mean to find someone else and at the beginning I tried not speaking to her after a few nights of wild dreams :K:

My boyfriend and I are going through a really bad patch at the minute because I just don't find him sexually attractive, I feel sick when he touches me but he's lovely, understanding, supportive. I thought it was phase, but I've been making excuses for 2 weeks for why he can't stay over.

:cry: I dunno what to do. I really don't want to hurt him.

:console: I know it might seem odd but could you ask for a bit of a "break" of the relationship? It might help :hugs:
How're you guys? :h:

I'm practically halfway through my marathon training, I really want to smash my phone for waking me up at 5 am... I don't wanna do this anymore :cry2: but I can't quit :cry2: I really want to do this, but it's just so hard, with waking up super early and everything. Why did I decide to do it in the first place? What on earth was I thinking?

Sorry...just a moment of weakness I suppose. It doesn't help that it's freezing outside.

Anyway, recommend me good songs for my running playlist?
Reply 2122
Strawberries and Nutella go well together.

I've eaten so much rubbish today. My breakfast was a bowl of cheerios with a chocolate digestive thrown into the bowl. Who even does that.
Original post by The Fez
Anyway, recommend me good songs for my running playlist?

The Run Lola Run/Lola Rennt soundtrack is excellent.

Original post by Liam_G

I've eaten so much rubbish today. My breakfast was a bowl of cheerios with a chocolate digestive thrown into the bowl. Who even does that.

I'm with Conal, everything you say makes me want to hug you.
Original post by Liam_G

I hate you so much for not being fat.
Reply 2125
Original post by Revd. Mike
I'm with Conal, everything you say makes me want to hug you.

:bigsmile: Thanks Mike. I like to hug people.

Original post by seanfromtheblock
I hate you so much for not being fat.

I'm a little bit fat.
Original post by Liam_G

Liam, I just crushed a pack of Oreos and eat them as if they were cereals. With milk. You are not fat.
Original post by Liam_G
:bigsmile: Thanks Mike. I like to hug people.

I'm a little bit fat.

not nearly fat enough, seeing as you seem to live on cake.
Reply 2128
Original post by seanfromtheblock
not nearly fat enough, seeing as you seem to live on cake.

I have to eat cake, sometimes all there is to eat is cake. There are rare days when I come home from work and find actual foodstuffs in the cupboards, but I have to eat it fast, because the second my back is turned my Mum will inevitably end up turning whatever it was into some sort of cake. If it wasn't for the fact that my Mum occasionally adds lemon to her flapjacks I'm fairly certain my sister would have developed scurvy by now.

I do eat fruit too, like that strawberry... Smothered in Nutella :ninja:
Reply 2129
I want to see the Avengers film but I don't have any friends :nopity:
Original post by Liam_G
I want to see the Avengers film but I don't have any friends :nopity:

My flatmates went to see it tonight. I stayed in alone and wrote an essay :cry2:
:hat2: everyone

I really need my mop cut was thinking playing on the fridge thing a little more and going for something like this:

but still be able to flip it up (I love doing that) similar to this:

what do you lot reckon?

normally they take the fringe a lot shorter so i can put it up like this:

shall i try rocking the longer fringe for a while? it's more the sides and back that are doing my head in tbh, the back is growing so fast it looks like a mullet and the sides are coming over my ears which really bugs me :colonhash:
Original post by Cool Cat
:hat2: everyone

I really need my mop cut was thinking playing on the fridge thing a little more and going for something like this:

but still be able to flip it up (I love doing that) similar to this:

what do you lot reckon?

normally they take the fringe a lot shorter so i can put it up like this:

shall i try rocking the longer fringe for a while? it's more the sides and back that are doing my head in tbh, the back is growing so fast it looks like a mullet and the sides are coming over my ears which really bugs me :colonhash:

Hello you :hugs:

Hair is not my strong suit :erm: I quite like the 3rd one, personally.
Original post by Mad Vlad
Hello you :hugs:

Hair is not my strong suit :erm: I quite like the 3rd one, personally.

hi mate

the michael buble one? yeah that's my normal go to cut but my hair is in that floppy fringe stage and I kinda want to keep a bit of that but also be able to flip it up if needed

I hate deciding haircuts :frown:
hi mate

the michael buble one? yeah that's my normal go to cut but my hair is in that floppy fringe stage and I kinda want to keep a bit of that but also be able to flip it up if needed

I hate deciding haircuts :frown:

Emo fringe? :awesome: hehe

Haircuts do my head in. I've found what looks reasonable and just ask for the same thing every 6-8 weeks. :p:

In other news, I am disappoint with North Carolina. :colonhash:
Original post by Mad Vlad
Emo fringe? :awesome: hehe

Haircuts do my head in. I've found what looks reasonable and just ask for the same thing every 6-8 weeks. :p:

In other news, I am disappoint with North Carolina. :colonhash:

haha nah not quite emo fringe, just kinda touching my eyebrows right now

yeah normally I just ask for the sides and back to be cut right down and leave the top and front a bit longer, but this time i don't want the fringe cut so short so I can leave it down or flip it up from the get go, not have to wait a month or so before it looks decent left down.

it's to do with me not wanting to have to flip it up all the time at home i guess, my bro takes the piss out of me when i do that. (and let's not start on his opinon of my wearing masculine clothes instead of the 'girly' clothes I used to wear) It's my favoured way of wearing my hair though :dontknow:

This haircut will have to do me until September and my hair grows stupidly quick :colonhash:
Bi group was really good, really positive. It seems other bisexual girls have the same issues I do and it was just amazing to discuss them. Definitely feeling way more confident about being more involved in the LGBT community now.
haha nah not quite emo fringe, just kinda touching my eyebrows right now

yeah normally I just ask for the sides and back to be cut right down and leave the top and front a bit longer, but this time i don't want the fringe cut so short so I can leave it down or flip it up from the get go, not have to wait a month or so before it looks decent left down.

it's to do with me not wanting to have to flip it up all the time at home i guess, my bro takes the piss out of me when i do that. (and let's not start on his opinon of my wearing masculine clothes instead of the 'girly' clothes I used to wear) It's my favoured way of wearing my hair though :dontknow:

This haircut will have to do me until September and my hair grows stupidly quick :colonhash:

A good pair of hobnail boots will fix this problem. :p:
Original post by Nynyflower
Bi group was really good, really positive. It seems other bisexual girls have the same issues I do and it was just amazing to discuss them. Definitely feeling way more confident about being more involved in the LGBT community now.

:h:

I felt the same (kinda) with my transgroup but after this next meeting I won't be able to go to any until Sept/ Oct again :frown:

Going to feel so lonely in my thoughts back at home :frown:
I've just come to accept my hair is too thick to do anything fashionable with. The even more annoying thing is, I'd understand if it was curly or even slightly wavy, but it isn't at all!!! I hate having short hair though cos it makes me look like Paddy Kirk from Emmerdale :frown: I haven't had a cut in nearly 5 months (NEVER had that long between haircuts before. 3 and a half months tops, but I'm getting used to longer hair now) - I got it cut Christmas Eve, and it's evident the person who cut it clearly doesn't listen as I asked her to leave hair on the back as long as the top, but oh no, she gives me a back and sides :angry: I suppose I could try the Robert Patterson twilight look, just doubt it would suit my face shape. The new Justin Bieber look is worth a go too. I never liked the original hairstyle he had, but the new one looks fairly OK tbh, even if a bit Elvis Presleyish/ Aaron Carterish.