The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Fashion management ntu starting october 2012!

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd start a thread about Fashion Management, as I can't find one anywhere!
I only joined TSR today so I hope I'm doing this right.
Anyway I thought it would a a good place to meet everyone on the course :smile:
Oh I'm staying in Hampden if anyone is interested :P Where are you all staying? Looking forward to hearing from you all! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
heyyy (again haha) im doing fashion management :smile: and im in clarendon court gamble street and i started today too haha im from wales where are you from ? :smile: xx
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Awesome! North East England, and I'm so excited!! Especially for the year in industry!
Reply 3
im doing the sadwhich year too!! :biggrin: gonna have to try to fight for a place in NY, Florence or Belgium !!! haha xx
Reply 4
Hahah yeah they sound amazingggg :smile: Did you apply for any other courses? And if you have joined a fb group for your halls then please post the link to this thread! You never know, someone in your halls could be doing fm too :smile:
Reply 5
yeh will do :smile: and there was a few .. i really wanted to do textiles technology in manchester but i dont think ill get the grade thats required in maths :/ and then there was fashion with business studies in brighton, umm something like that in birmingham :P and then in southampton it was like fashion management there too, where else did you apply ? xx
Reply 6
Oh cool! I applied for fashion communication and promotion at NTU, and that was it haha because I didnt like the courses anywhere else!
Reply 7
ah right haha well do fashion management haha, iwant to go down the textiles route more than fashion, but when i spoke to the co-ordinater she said that it used to be called textiles management, they just changed the name but its still heavy on choice like you can shoose the modules either textiles of fashion xx
Reply 8
Heeey :biggrin: Doing fashion management starting in october! staying in Norton Court!
Reply 9
Original post by jarofo
Heeey :biggrin: Doing fashion management starting in october! staying in Norton Court!

Hi :biggrin: xx
Reply 10
Original post by jarofo

hiya! do you know anyone else who is doing this course? I have only met about 3 people!
Reply 11
Hiyaaa, I'm studying fashion management at ntu in October :smile:. I'm in Meridian Court, slightly worried as i've not come across anyone else in this hall...yet! Hope everyone is as excited as I am :P xxx
Reply 12
Original post by HayleySM
hiya! do you know anyone else who is doing this course? I have only met about 3 people!

Haha no I don't actually know anyone who is doing this course. I couldn't make it to the applicant open days. I originally applied for the fashion branding and merchandising or something but then I changed to management because it offered a placement year!

We might be a small group haha!
Reply 13
Original post by emilysianx
Hiyaaa, I'm studying fashion management at ntu in October :smile:. I'm in Meridian Court, slightly worried as i've not come across anyone else in this hall...yet! Hope everyone is as excited as I am :P xxx

it's ok I'm sure there will be loads! They're usually made into facebook groups so type in 'official nottingham trent meridan court freshers 2012' and you should find some people! Can't wait for the course it's going to be sooo good!! :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by jarofo
Haha no I don't actually know anyone who is doing this course. I couldn't make it to the applicant open days. I originally applied for the fashion branding and merchandising or something but then I changed to management because it offered a placement year!

We might be a small group haha!

Ahhh right ok, do you live really far away then? I know, the placement year really swayed it for me!
Reply 15
I'm doing FM too, living in Norton Court :smile:
which a levels did you guys take? im so hoping to do fashion with business or fashion management and just want to know which a levels would be best to take? im already in year 12 but restarting the year again hoping to do better!

thankssssss :smile:
Reply 17
I took business, textiles and english lang :-)
Reply 18
Original post by prettylittleliar95
which a levels did you guys take? im so hoping to do fashion with business or fashion management and just want to know which a levels would be best to take? im already in year 12 but restarting the year again hoping to do better!

thankssssss :smile:

I'm doing English Language, textiles and biology. But business would have been really good because I feel like I will start the course with NO idea about business at all! Hope I'm not behind :/
Heeey everyone :smile:, doing Fashion Management as well!!! So excited to meet everyone!! xxx

Quick Reply