The Student Room Group

AQA Core 4 Exam Discussion 14/06/2012 !Poll, paper and unofficial MS (first post)!

This poll is closed

How did you find the exam?

Pshh I could do it in my sleep! 6%
Went pretty well :) 12%
It was okay... (maybe made silly mistakes?) 33%
:( 25%
I died. 24%
Fine I guess, couldn't careless.2%
Total votes: 252
Link to post containing June 12 C4 paper: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2004642&page=41&p=38109096#post38109096

Unofficial mark scheme by Oromis263
Links to posts:
Q1
Q2
Q3
Q4
Q5
Q6
Q7
Q8
Please do thank him! :smile:

FOR INSTANT REASSURANCE, SUBSTITUTION AND INTERGRATION BY PARTS ARE FINE FOR QUESTION 8 :smile:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys!

I haven't seen a thread for AQA's C4 paper in june12 so thought I'd post one.
How's everybody feeling about this exam?

Feel free to ask/discuss anything core 4 related or what so ever :smile:

Edit: planning on building up an unofficial mark scheme after the exam. So if you finish the exam (plus checking work?) reasonably early on the 14th, it be helpful to many if you could type/save the answers you got into your calculator and post them on this thread. Thank you.

"Deploying C4" *BOOM!* :3
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes I am going to finish C1-C4 in AS...
Actually,C3C4 I am study by myself and feel well to doing it.Basically I undertand everything in the book,just a bit confuse in some parts,but I am so worry because the question is going to be more complicate and horrible,2012 jan that paper is a good example.
But anyway,just concentrate on C3 first,and then I will work hard on C4!!
How everyone goings?
Reply 2
good luck everyone for core 3! is a week enough to properly revise everything and do all past papers..this is a resit for me..im saying a week..as i have a week's gap after 2 other exams are completed next week..so is a week enough???!!!
Reply 3
Original post by kenau
yes I am going to finish C1-C4 in AS...
Actually,C3C4 I am study by myself and feel well to doing it.Basically I undertand everything in the book,just a bit confuse in some parts,but I am so worry because the question is going to be more complicate and horrible,2012 jan that paper is a good example.
But anyway,just concentrate on C3 first,and then I will work hard on C4!!
How everyone goings?

Wow that's brave of you :smile: with a bit more revision and practice, I'm sure you can do it, keep up the good work! :biggrin: you can ask for any help if you need

I pretty much just need to go over a few topics and do some more past papers. There's still a few weeks to go so it should be fine :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Raj K
good luck everyone for core 3! is a week enough to properly revise everything and do all past papers..this is a resit for me..im saying a week..as i have a week's gap after 2 other exams are completed next week..so is a week enough???!!!

Erm sorry but it might be more helpful for you to post on a core 3 thread :/

To answer your question though, I reckon a week is a bit tight, however, it is possible. You might have to do 2/3 past papers a day, which shouldn't be too much of a problem. When is the C3 resit anyway? :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by Cath-ay
Erm sorry but it might be more helpful for you to post on a core 3 thread :/

To answer your question though, I reckon a week is a bit tight, however, it is possible. You might have to do 2/3 past papers a day, which shouldn't be too much of a problem. When is the C3 resit anyway? :s-smilie:

oh sorry my bad lol ..errm it's on 31st may
Reply 6
Hoping this is a nice paper, just need my A. :smile: Not really done any prep. yet, will probably start soon. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Oromis263
Hoping this is a nice paper, just need my A. :smile: Not really done any prep. yet, will probably start soon. :smile:

I hope so too... But knowing AQA, the chances of that is unlikely considering they're increasing the difficulty. Best to be prepared for the worst :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by Cath-ay
I hope so too... But knowing AQA, the chances of that is unlikely considering they're increasing the difficulty. Best to be prepared for the worst :tongue:

You say that, but FP1 was (apparently) the easiest exam ever. ^_^
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Oromis263
You say that, but FP1 was (apparently) the easiest exam ever. ^_^

Hmm, I heard that the jan 2012 C4 paper was hard though :/ have you done it? I'll probably print it out soon and try it myself.
Reply 10
Original post by Cath-ay
Hmm, I heard that the jan 2012 C4 paper was hard though :/ have you done it? I'll probably print it out soon and try it myself.

Ive done jan 12 for practice. Can't say its the nicest of papers. I remember those who did it in January came out complaining. After looking through it though, i would say last summer's core 3 paper was a lot harsher.
Reply 11
Original post by Cath-ay

Nope, got it as a mock in a couple of weeks.
Reply 12
Original post by Cath-ay
Wow that's brave of you :smile: with a bit more revision and practice, I'm sure you can do it, keep up the good work! :biggrin: you can ask for any help if you need

I pretty much just need to go over a few topics and do some more past papers. There's still a few weeks to go so it should be fine :smile:

haha thanks cathy,I got 46/75 in my C4 mock exam:frown:but I think I can do better in the real one,and I think that C4 paper in 14 of june will be easier as i found that difficult in the mock exam.I always lost marks in some question which is asking about growth or decay.. dy/dx directly proportional to something.....
Anyway,be fd:smile:?
Original post by Cath-ay

I'd say January's C4 was pretty standard. It didn't seem any different really than any past papers I did.
Reply 14
Original post by Cath-ay

I have done it.It is exacly my C4 mock exam:s-smilie: The paper was horrible....I have lots of question don't know how to do....They have already change something new in jan...When you do it,really careful....
Reply 15
Original post by Raj K
good luck ever
yone for core 3! is a week enough to properly revise everything and do all past papers..this is a resit for me..im saying a week..as i have a week's gap after 2 other exams are completed next week..so is a week enough???!!!

i am going to do C3 in 31 of may,this is my first time:biggrin: agree the january one was horrible,and I definitly sure the paper in june will be easier:rolleyes:.Anyway,good luck brother:wink:
Reply 16
Original post by kenau
i am going to do C3 in 31 of may,this is my first time:biggrin: agree the january one was horrible,and I definitly sure the paper in june will be easier:rolleyes:.Anyway,good luck brother:wink:

lol hopefully! good luck to you too! (:
Reply 17
Original post by kenau
haha thanks cathy,I got 46/75 in my C4 mock exam:frown:but I think I can do better in the real one,and I think that C4 paper in 14 of june will be easier as i found that difficult in the mock exam.I always lost marks in some question which is asking about growth or decay.. dy/dx directly proportional to something.....
Anyway,be fd:smile:?

isn't that worth a B/C? that isn't a bad mark, still time to improve :smile: what grade are you going for overall?
yeah, those questions are confusing, my vision blurs when reading them :P
fd? I'm guessing you mean friend or something? =/
Reply 18
Original post by hassi94
I'd say January's C4 was pretty standard. It didn't seem any different really than any past papers I did.

=/ they started adding 9 mark questions though... those things scare me! Did you do exam papers from other exam boards by any chance?

Say, I noticed that it's usually the guys who are achieving the super high ums, rarely ever the girls... you seen any girls getting 100 ums in AQA C3/C4 recently? Kinda random I know :tongue:
Reply 19
Original post by kenau
I have done it.It is exacly my C4 mock exam:s-smilie: The paper was horrible....I have lots of question don't know how to do....They have already change something new in jan...When you do it,really careful....

Okies, I'll probably do it today... after I play some portal 2 :3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending