The Student Room Group

AQA AS BUSS2 - 21/05/12 - discussion

Couldnt find the thread for this so decided to start one.

How did you all find the exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought it was aright, what did u get for labor productivity question?
Reply 2
I thought the exam was quite good. A lot of the questions have come up in previous past papers though. I have seen question 2d before.

In terms of the Labour Productivity question, the answer was in fact 72 units.

A lot of people I talked to got this wrong. It said in the paper there were 40 employees and has increased by 50%. Most people saw the 50% and doubled it to 80, then divided it into the amount of Mussels which were made to give something like 52.

You actually had to find 50% of 40 then add that on, which made it to 60 employees.

Even if you got the answer wrong you should get a few method marks, so it's not too bad.
Reply 3
I got that wrong, both the case study was good.

I hope I get B in this paper, got C already.

Are u doing unit 3?
Reply 4
that was so easy, just ran out of time on
the last question. Hopefully got an A this time round :smile:
Reply 5
Get 60 marks in this paper u will get full 120 UMS.
Reply 6
got that wrong completely, did that last ran out of time rushed it.

Other question was aright i thought
Reply 7
I messed up that labour productivity question bad, completely forgot the formula. It's only 5 marks though. 2d wasn't amazing either, rest of it was very easy though. Riding on the back of 84% in BUSS1 so hopefully got an A.
Reply 8
anyone doing unit 3?
Reply 9
got 76 ums in unit 1 so only need 84 for an A :P
Reply 10
i need 96/120 ums in this one to get an A overall just praying atm, i got 72 tonnes per worker for the labour productivity one
Reply 11
crap i thought you had give a percentage increase :frown: ah man
Reply 12
The only one I struggled with was the marketing mix question. I could only find stuff to write about the place.

Everything else was fine I think.

FYI: calculation answer was 72 tonnes per employee.
I thought that was a really nice paper, the invigilator told us to put down our pens just as I finished my final sentence. Managed to encorporate kaisen and Herzeberg/Maslow into it too :smile:
Original post by A Wise Ninja
I thought that was a really nice paper, the invigilator told us to put down our pens just as I finished my final sentence. Managed to encorporate kaisen and Herzeberg/Maslow into it too :smile:

What question was that for?
Original post by Hugh*
The only one I struggled with was the marketing mix question. I could only find stuff to write about the place.

Everything else was fine I think.

FYI: calculation answer was 72 tonnes per employee.

what did you write about place?
Donut reckon I would get any marks if I put the answer as 5400 because I stupidly x100 and yet another stupid mistake thinking an increase of 50%..so doubled to 80 employees rather than 60 smh...=/
* do u
Original post by UnspokenDreams
Donut reckon I would get any marks if I put the answer as 5400 because I stupidly x100 and yet another stupid mistake thinking an increase of 50%..so doubled to 80 employees rather than 60 smh...=/

probably not /: If you stated the labour productivity formula, you would get a mark for that though
Reply 19
can anyone remember how many marks was worth each question in both case studies? i want to try see how many marks i could have got for each question lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending