The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Geography Unit 2 18 June?

Hello!

Anybody else doing this exam??
I am doing Changing Urban Environments, Population Change and Tourism
How are you revising? Anybody got any good notes/websites/revision techniques to share?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I want past papers.
Omg I'm doing those exact same topics :tongue: ! I'm just making flashcards and learning case studies really well and I might do a couple of past papers closer to the time :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by ChestnutHero
Omg I'm doing those exact same topics :tongue: ! I'm just making flashcards and learning case studies really well and I might do a couple of past papers closer to the time :smile:

Okay, that sounds good, yeah im learning case studies as well because they are really important.

Does anyone have an idea of what might come up?
Reply 5
I'm really worried about the exam :'( :'(. Are the markers usually linear and what are the rough grade boundaries for an a* ... Need tips to revise general content although I'm fine with the case studies .... SOMEONE HELP :frown:

Reply 6
just want to let you know that I did this exam last year. it's not as bad as you think it'll be ! half the year group came out with an A or A*. just remember that for case studies that you can just make it up. I did the same three as you as well :smile:

Reply 7
i'm doing changing urban environments, globalisation and the development gap, trying to learn all the case studies atm but there's such a huge amount. Also can anyone help me with the level marking system aqa do? I have practically no clue what it means. Is there a way to guarantee that you can make a poitn into "level 2" or whatever it is?
Reply 8
Original post by bored565
i'm doing changing urban environments, globalisation and the development gap, trying to learn all the case studies atm but there's such a huge amount. Also can anyone help me with the level marking system aqa do? I have practically no clue what it means. Is there a way to guarantee that you can make a poitn into "level 2" or whatever it is?

When you're answering the question ask yourself when making a point "so what" help explain and develop your points into L2 and L3 ... Plus make sure you use good spelling , grammar ad terminology along with case study material to increase your mark :smile:

Original post by cardigansandjeans
Hello!

How are you revising? Anybody got any good notes/websites/revision techniques to share?

development gap instead of tourism :biggrin: and where the thread for unit 1 if there is one?
Reply 10
Im doing tourism, population change and development gap, anyone else find these quite confusing as their pretty much the same thing?!
Original post by cardigansandjeans
Hello!

I'm doing these 3 as well! They aren't that difficult but there is just so much content to learn, including all of the case studies :frown:
www.coolgeography.co.uk is a useful website for these 3 topics, all of the information is nicely condensed for an easy read over for making notes/flash cards.

Good Luck in your revision :smile:
Reply 12
I'm doing these 3 too (Urban Environments, Population and Tourism) although we've covered development gap in case either of these have a difficult question in.

When it comes to case studies, how important is it to remember the numbers? Are we just as well learning general facts rather than detailed specifics, or do we need them to back up our ideas to get to level 3 in the mark scheme.

If we are unsure on the exact number of dates etc. can we make an estimate or will this lose us more marks than we would gain.
Original post by james.t
I'm doing these 3 too (Urban Environments, Population and Tourism) although we've covered development gap in case either of these have a difficult question in.

When it comes to case studies, how important is it to remember the numbers? Are we just as well learning general facts rather than detailed specifics, or do we need them to back up our ideas to get to level 3 in the mark scheme.

If we are unsure on the exact number of dates etc. can we make an estimate or will this lose us more marks than we would gain.

For case studies my teacher taught us the more details we can remember the better because we have more chance of impressing the examiners for Level 3 answers. However, she did also tell us it is important to remember the more important details of the case study and if we cannot remember the specific numbers to just put "around" or "approximately" and take a wild guess as it would not lose any marks but would show that we are attempting to recall the case studies
Original post by james.t

We were told only write down what's certain, dont make wild guesses, if you're unsure, don't put it in at all. For dates put the month and year if you cant remember the exact date etc but never just estimate the wrong date as it would look like you haven't learnt your case studies thoroughly enough. Numbers and stuff aren't imperative but we got told they add more detail to your case study and thus give you higher marks within the same band so help you to reach the top marks which cannot eb done without detailed and specific case studies :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by RachDave
Im doing tourism, population change and development gap, anyone else find these quite confusing as their pretty much the same thing?!

I'm doing exactly the same topics! :smile: I can't say I find them that similar though...which topic do you find the easiest/hardest?
Original post by kashagupta
I'm doing exactly the same topics! :smile: I can't say I find them that similar though...which topic do you find the easiest/hardest?

I find that population is the easiest whilst urban environments is slightly more challenging- but on the whole Geography isn't really that tough
Reply 17
I'm really struggling to revise for this exam. I just don't know what to do. There's so much content. How should I test myself to see if I know it all?
I'm doing AQA Unit 2 Geography B exam on 18th June-my topic is Living with Natural Hazards.
Original post by Dalek1099
I'm doing AQA Unit 2 Geography B exam on 18th June-my topic is Living with Natural Hazards.

This is Geography A dude I presume everyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending