The Student Room Group

Inspiration for all those who start revising very late, you can get good grades!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
p.s please ignore all grammatical errors in the previous post :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by Jbushell2
this is lovely to read. i've been studying for 3 years straight for my A2 english exam and each time i fail despite getting A's in my coursework.... so, some advice to the normal no t so naturally clever people out there. keep trying and dont give up. no matter what happens, it doesnt matter how long it takes you, if you wan't it you'll get there. i mean i'm dyslexic. i failed english 3 years in a row, but i will still continue. What i'm trying to say is there's some people out there that don't need to revise. like this person who got a load of A's and still wanted to do better. but for most people you need to. and if you havent. don't give up. keep going, keep trying. if you havent started why not? get on with it, do your best, learn from your mistakes and try again. reading about what people got on here, won't help. come off, grab your books, and start because it's never to late. at the end of the day no-one on here will achieve your dream for you. it's down to you. you want it, you have to work for it. i'm still failing for the 6th time taking the exam i'm actually finding it quite funny now to take it as i've taken every exam paper since january 2009. fun times. but i won't give up. i will become an english teacher and i will pass. so for those who are nervous, scared or upset about exams, stop listening to how good everyone else has done, and be realistic to what you can do. you have the potential, 5 mins revision is better than no revision. so read your book. do a mind map write a song. whatever works for you but keep going. to whoever started this thread: you're supposed to help other people do well in exams by pushing them to revise, not telling them that doing no revision will not help them pass. i'm sorry but you're either naturally clever, go to a posh school or are lying. because theres no way a less intelligent person with that amount of lack of revision can get them grades so as much as well done for you - help others by telling them "as happy as i am with my grades, i was lucky and no matter how late you are revising, you should continue to try to start, no time like the present" remember guys, no matter how far along in the race you've got, the important part is you've attempted the run! keep going and revise revise revise!!

This is excellent and true. Starting earlier on revision is better than starting late. Some people can revise for two days before an exam and still get an A. I agree totally with the quoted post, no matter your intelligence you can do it if you work hard enough :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 42
Original post by Nacho King
Okay, today i recieved my A2 exam results from the January exams. I posted numerous times on here asking if i had started too late etc.
So if your reading this around exam time, you still can get A's etc. I had 5 exams within 2 weeks and i only started revising in January about a week before my first exam. I remember thinking i would never be able to get A's and i would have to resit in the summer, however this is what i achieved:

84/100 ums (A) after revising 3 days before the exam.
89/100 ums(A) 1 weeks revision
89/100 ums (A) 5 days revision
73/100 (B) and 83/100 (A) did no revision for either as it was general studies.

I posted this, i when i was worrying about my exams i would google 'have i left my revision too late' etc. and so if you have done the same, this is meant to encourage you that you can still do well. :P

Nice work, son.
Reply 43
Original post by ROYP
There's no way this thread will be alive in June

Well this is awkward.
Reply 44
Original post by Doofy
Well this is awkward.

it isn't
Reply 45
Oh I totally ruined these exams just like last year. I thought I had learnt that I should never leave it to the last minute but once again I did. :frown:
this http://www.squidoo.com/top-ten-tips-to-exam-success has very good tips.
Should have followed it!
Reply 47
Original post by Nacho King
Okay, today i recieved my A2 exam results from the January exams. I posted numerous times on here asking if i had started too late etc.
So if your reading this around exam time, you still can get A's etc. I had 5 exams within 2 weeks and i only started revising in January about a week before my first exam. I remember thinking i would never be able to get A's and i would have to resit in the summer, however this is what i achieved:

84/100 ums (A) after revising 3 days before the exam.
89/100 ums(A) 1 weeks revision
89/100 ums (A) 5 days revision
73/100 (B) and 83/100 (A) did no revision for either as it was general studies.

I posted this, i when i was worrying about my exams i would google 'have i left my revision too late' etc. and so if you have done the same, this is meant to encourage you that you can still do well. :P

Hey, thanks for this it has really encouraged me!! What subjects did you do exams in? And how do you revise? Sorry for all the questions haha just curious as to how you managed to remember everything! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by ROYP
There's no way this thread will be alive in June

l0l

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending