The Student Room Group

Veet Underarm Waxing Strips!

I've bought some of these because I'm fed up of shaving and my skin is quite sensitive so can't shave every day. I'm trying to use them but it's just not working! I've followed all the instructions, i.e. hair at least 1.5mm, skin is dry, pulling it in the right direction but it's just not budging the hair. What am I doing wrong?! Don't want to have wasted 7 pound on these waxing strips because I'm a skint student atm. If anyone knows how to use them properly please let us know :smile:
Reply 1
Have you rubbed the strips in your hands first to warm the wax?
It wont stick if its cold.

About 2 years ago I bought my own hot wax machine for about £25 online. Then strips and sticks will cost about £5. The wax in the pot lasts me forever and when it finishes a new put is about £5. So if you going to start long term waxing then save up, its sooo worth it.
I've been waxing my underarms for 7 years now, and it no longer hurts
(edited 11 years ago)
I had the same problem, and so did my friend, but I think it's a product fault.
Make sure the wax is really warm, then leave it to cool on your skin before you pull it off :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Eternal*
Have you rubbed the strips in your hands first to warm the wax?
It wont stick if its cold.

About 2 years ago I bought my own hot wax machine for about £25 online. Then strips and sticks will cost about £5. The wax in the pot lasts me forever and when it finishes a new put is about £5. So if you going to start long term waxing then save up, its sooo worth it.
I've been waxing my underarms for 7 years now, and it no longer hurts

Yeah followed all instructions, even tried warming them with hairdryer but no luck! I've now tried veet sensitive hair removal cream (specifically for underarms) and it's not better than shaving, and had caused irritation. So I might as well just stick to shaving or get it done professionally.
Reply 4
Original post by BabyGirl92
Yeah followed all instructions, even tried warming them with hairdryer but no luck! I've now tried veet sensitive hair removal cream (specifically for underarms) and it's not better than shaving, and had caused irritation. So I might as well just stick to shaving or get it done professionally.

I guess there was a problem with the batch, I would've gone returned it or written to head office.
I use veet hair removal cream (normal one) for bikini, but have never had any sensitivity issues myself, i know my mum uses it for underarms and has also never had any problem.
Underarm waxing costs about £6 professionally from my experience, but i just do it myself now at home.
Reply 5
Original post by BabyGirl92
I've bought some of these because.....:smile:

Hey...I used to use veet hair removal cream for my underarms...it was fine and worked well for a couple of years and then started to sting!
So...I too started to use veet underarm wax strips...It never takes all the hair off...only a little bit! there is always some left...you could always try and wash the area beforehand and then put some talcum powder on your skin before waxing...it helped a bit and made the wax easier to pull off.
My friend used the product too and she thought it was quite rubbish too!

Armpit hair tends to grow in many different directions so it's quite harder to wax than waxing your legs for example! try the talcum powder and try to see hair growth 'direction' patterns...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
bit off-topic, but does using these strips really hurt or what? is it better to get it done professionally?
Reply 7
Original post by Priya.C
bit off-topic, but does using these strips really hurt or what? is it better to get it done professionally?

hey, these wax strips kill. with a capital K.
Its painful getting it done professionally too but its not as bad as veet strips.
Also professionally you'll be sure to have all the hair removed, but at home it doesnt all get pulled out, then u get too lazy or pained to both.
Ive been waxing my underarms for 7+ years. and it no longer hurts as much
Reply 8
use your hands for warming them and try to stay in a cool place, if its too warm the wax will get liquid-ish and wont stick well, so yes let the strips cool a little bit before removing them, i use strips on my legs and they work fine, never tried them on my underarms though! good luck!.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending