The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Winchester University

Hi,

New at all of this marlarki, and was just wondering if anyone was going to winchester this year? and what to study? Ive heard its an amazing university, then looking at some of these threads people have said its got a bad rep!? Whaaat!!
Reply 1
I put Winchester uni as my insurance, loved it soo much! The uni is beautiful. Going to do History :smile:
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
I'm going :smile: doing Education Studies and Criminology! Can't wait - loved it there!!
Reply 3
I don't get why the female to male ratio is soo high, something like 70:30 :O What attracts girls to the Uni so much? lol
I went to Winchester :love:
Reply 5
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
I went to Winchester :love:

I take it the uni is good?
Reply 6
Original post by MeGusta
I don't get why the female to male ratio is soo high, something like 70:30 :O What attracts girls to the Uni so much? lol

I agree the Uni is gorgeous. The female/male ratio is so high because the uni is really good for health care studies, like teaching, social work etc, where-as most guys I suppose want to be doing sports and that kinda stuff. Also I think where it is quite quiet most guys wants a fun night life, and im not sure winchester has much of a night life outside of the Uni, unlike places like southampton and bournemouth?! But who knows! x
Reply 7
Original post by danielleelizabethx
I'm going :smile: doing Education Studies and Criminology! Can't wait - loved it there!!

Yay! It does look lovely :smile: Are you staying there also? Or commuting?! x
Original post by MeGusta
I take it the uni is good?

I think so :yes:
Original post by Hannah578
Yay! It does look lovely :smile: Are you staying there also? Or commuting?! x

Staying :smile: I'm from Wales, so commuting could be slightly difficult :tongue: x
I'll also be going this september (providing results are ok) : (
Winchester itself if a beautiful 'city' with SOME nightlife.
The surrounding towns/areas (Pompey/southampton/eastleigh) is perfect for the clubbers.
Im going as it seems a perfect mix of quiet and the party lifestyle which i like to engage in both and cant wait!
hiii im 21 and doing the childhood, youth and community course is anybody else?

i also commuting from bournemouth, anyone else? or from southampton?

i went t winch in 2009 but dropped out because i didnt like the course but the uni is awesome :smile:

esme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending