The Student Room Group

Top maths unis - COWI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hassi94
I think they didn't like me not firming it. -_- I actually changed my offer to Maths & Physics straight after getting my camb offer (specifically so I had it as an insurance option) - with the intention of changing back as soon as possible if I end up there :smile: How is it going anyway? Haven't seen you on the forums in a while :smile:

It's good, I've really enjoyed the first two terms :smile: There's plenty of work, of course, so when I'm there I don't have time to waste on here! :lol:

What else do you have for insurance choices?
Original post by jameswhughes
It's good, I've really enjoyed the first two terms :smile: There's plenty of work, of course, so when I'm there I don't have time to waste on here! :lol:

What else do you have for insurance choices?

UCL, LSE and Bath. UCL is the only other one I'm really considering. I haven't even visited warwick yet though :s-smilie: (it's such a hassle but I really need to do a private visit or something before may)

And that's good - I'm sure there is :tongue: I like wasting time here :wink:
Original post by hassi94
UCL, LSE and Bath. UCL is the only other one I'm really considering. I haven't even visited warwick yet though :s-smilie: (it's such a hassle but I really need to do a private visit or something before may)

And that's good - I'm sure there is :tongue: I like wasting time here :wink:

Ah, cool. Yeah, getting from some parts of Yorkshire (I live in Harrogate) can be painful-it takes me 5 hours to get there using public transport! Anyway, feel free to send me a message if you plan on visiting :wink:
Original post by moritzplatz
if i was a cambridge rejected i would have negged you as well. i think it's quite a normal reaction if you go to the warwick thread to show off.

If you read my post I actually just wrote about how it's fairly likely that I'll be going to warwick because of my hard firm offer. Didn't even mention cambridge. Even if I did - I don't understand why people must be so petty.
Reply 24
Original post by hassi94
I think the B would be Bath before it's ever Bristol, but even then it probably shouldn't be there at all.

:confused:

Bristol has a great rep for Maths. Who told you otherwise?

It's easily top 10. Probably not top 5: but saying "it shouldn't be there at all" is a rather harsh judgement (bias).
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by f1mad
:confused:

Bristol has a great rep for Maths. Who told you otherwise?

It's easily top 10.

Never said otherwise (I was thinking of applying there before I decided on Bath), but Bath is supposed to be better as far as I know. My main point was it isn't in the same league as COWI so I think people writing COWIB are clutching at straws.
Reply 26
Original post by hassi94
Never said otherwise (I was thinking of applying there before I decided on Bath), but Bath is supposed to be better as far as I know. My main point was it isn't in the same league as COWI so I think people writing COWIB are clutching at straws.

I agree that, COWI is in a league of its their own.

However, after that it's pretty tight.
Reply 27
So I guess you'll all at university now and I just wanted some opinions on cowi and this is the only thread I can find! I've had an offer from Cambridge, Warwick and Bristol - I know the obvious choice is to chose Cambridge but the STEP at that level seems impossible, so should I go Warwick or Bristol, or what should I have as an insurance?? I get Bristol is worser but I don't want to fail and get in anywhere! Appreciate some opinions!
Reply 28
Original post by emmroses
So I guess you'll all at university now and I just wanted some opinions on cowi and this is the only thread I can find! I've had an offer from Cambridge, Warwick and Bristol - I know the obvious choice is to chose Cambridge but the STEP at that level seems impossible, so should I go Warwick or Bristol, or what should I have as an insurance?? I get Bristol is worser but I don't want to fail and get in anywhere! Appreciate some opinions!

i'd say put Cambridge or Warwick for firm and Bristol as an insurance!

im trying to decide whether to put as a firm Warwick or St.Andrews..!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by emmroses

I wouldn't miss out on such an amazing opportunity so I'd take the Cam offer (arguably hardest Maths course in the world) and either insure Warwick or Bristol. Have you looked at STEP? It's highly recommended that you prepare months early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mel95iac
i'd say put Cambridge or Warwick for firm and Bristol as an insurance!

im trying to decide whether to put as a firm Warwick or St.Andrews..!

Warwick. St Andrew's doesn't even come close.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by yl95
I wouldn't miss out on such an amazing opportunity so I'd take the Cam offer (arguably hardest Maths course in the world) and either insure Warwick or Bristol. Have you looked at STEP? It's highly recommended that you prepare months early.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I've finally decided to send off the form for Cambridge Warwick! As for STEP, it's awful and painfully hard but hopefully it'll get better! X

Quick Reply

Latest