The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Which is the worst college?

Is there any one college that everyone would hate to go to?

I made an open application as although i saw a few colleges i liked, there were none i particually disliked either, so thought i'd let fate decide.
Now (hoping i get an offer), am just wondering which college people would hate to be stuck in?
I do think that i'll be happy at any college, knowing me i can probably have a good time in a empty room so i'm not too worried about the social side of things.

As you can tell i'm bored and stressing out about ucas right now, i am so impatient!
:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Chill Winston, and read some of the FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND OTHER THREADS ABOUT THIS.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
*sigh* guna get neg repped here..but...

if you're in Hatfield you will probably get the piss taken out of you
Also..Josephine butlers miles from anywhere
Reply 3
Well, the Hatfield bashing generally dies down after a few weeks, although some people would probably look at you funny ifyou said you were from there. Butler probably goes way under the radar.
They're all rubbish, go to Cambridge.
Reply 5
yea, we at Butler are soo far away :rolleyes:

like not as far as Aidans and just opposite Mildert, two mins from Grey and Collingwood but still its soooo far away.

especially in the grand scheme of things when the town centre in like 20-30 mins from the hill colleges, 2 mins to Butler is like killer time, its like nearly 10% of the way to town. I mean thats just ghey, and the fact that we're next to the all-day £1 bus is like even more uber pain in the arse, like we might as well be at stockton

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

EDIT: and of course the en suite bathrooms and brand new facilities are no consolation AT ALL.
Reply 6
Further up than Mildert,set, further back from the road and further from town. It isn't amazingly far, but it is further.
Kingers
*sigh* guna get neg repped here..but...

if you're in Hatfield you will probably get the piss taken out of you
Also..Josephine butlers miles from anywhere

Er, I'm the only one from Hatfield who really posts on here at all regularly, and I don't do neg repping... Any of that will be coming from Butlerites! :p: (Is that the correct term for a member of Josephine Butler? By the way, I love the hammock chairs in your bar.)
Aidans really isn't as far as most people make it out to be. The only real issue that no-one can be bothered with is the steps, but hey, after a couple of years of them you get calves of steel so its not all bad.

And Hatfield bashing is just daft. Sure people will do it for the first couple of weeks, maybe even the first term, but then anyone should be able to just get over it and realise that hatfield is JUST ANOTHER COLLEGE. Albeit slightly easier to take the piss out of your hatfield mates. But the stuff thats been going on this term is just taking it too far....
Reply 9
If id been pooled to a random central campus college, I'd least like to be at St. Johns, since it doesn't exist. If Butler goes under the radar, John's didn't even reach the damn thing!! I'd also dislike being binned into Hatfield, since I don't like their bar and it seems a little insular, whether it deserves to be seen as that or not... I don't mind the people from Hatfield, but I'm sure some people are real fools who buy into the RAH thing.
Reply 10
Rubbish colleges: Hatfield, Chads, Johns, Cuths, Hild Bede, Marys, Grey, Collingwood, Trevs, Aidans, Mildert, Butler, Ustinov, Snow, Stephenson
So what's the negative jazz with Hatfield?
Reply 12
6+6=6
yea, we at Butler are soo far away :rolleyes:

like not as far as Aidans and just opposite Mildert, two mins from Grey and Collingwood but still its soooo far away.

especially in the grand scheme of things when the town centre in like 20-30 mins from the hill colleges, 2 mins to Butler is like killer time, its like nearly 10% of the way to town. I mean thats just ghey, and the fact that we're next to the all-day £1 bus is like even more uber pain in the arse, like we might as well be at stockton

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

EDIT: and of course the en suite bathrooms and brand new facilities are no consolation AT ALL.

lol... well its far from parsons field :rolleyes:
Reply 13
Mary's has the worst bar. But I'd say all the colleges are fine since Mary's went mixed.
Reply 14
grey. or butler because it's self catered and that's just lame - can't have as good an atmosphere or community with little divided flats and blocks where you can only get in if you live in that particular one...
Reply 15
Haha they have that? It is a clone of every other new student building in the country.
I personally wouldnt want to be at Butler, i feel that it lacks character, is too expensive, too far away and wouldnt want to self cater.
whats collingwood, my brother said it was superb - he almost got his and his mates names incribed on the bar chairs they sat in, the bar was apparently that good.
Has anyone else noticed that any draught drinks from Collingwood Bar taste/smell like egg? I threw-up on the turning circle outside from the taste of the pints at the start of a barcrawl once
Reply 19
yeah ive always thought collingwood bad smelt pretty rank

Latest

Trending

Trending