The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Jesus College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Hey, just wondered if there's anyone on here who studies at Jesus College that could tell me a bit about what it's like to study at, its reputation, etc, or if any other Cam students know anything about it. Its prospectus entry and website don't give much general information, and, as it's written by them, slightly biased! Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll tell you two things about Jesus.

1) Their formal is on benches and was stupidly cramped when I went - I had to time my leaning forward to eat with my neighbours' else my shoulders would have knocked them into their soup. But the food was good, and I seem to recall you got a chocolate.

2) Their grounds are dangerous. I fell over and sprained my ankle there in my first term. Admittedly I was more than a little drunk at the time :wink:.
Actually one of my friends swears blind I did it by running as fast as I could into a brick wall, I don't believe him. Needless to say I only made it to one of my lectures the next day and couldn't walk properly :smile:

That is all.

Alaric.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
The Cambridge alternative prospectus has good sections on the colleges and subjects http://www.cusu.cam.ac.uk/publications/altpro/
Reply 3
Come, See, DOMINATE!
Reply 4
Well, if you insist.
Reply 5
Kit when is/was your interview?
Reply 6
It's this Thursday (14th).
Reply 7
Meee 13th December :biggrin:
Reply 8
I had mine on the 8th :smile:
mines this tues, Land Economy
Reply 10
Mine was on Mon!

Why the lack of Jesus applicants or even students on tsr??
Cool college,anyone there right now?
Reply 11
*shrugs*

Seems we're just quiet - maybe because there was no Jesus thread til this.
Reply 12
what did you make of the interviews? Like the undergraduate helpers?

I'm supposed to be running that scheme so any feedback that you make have for this year would be very grateful.

I finally made it home for the first time since the end of the summer today... the start of term seems like such a long time ago. Its scary to think that by this time next yeah the successful applicants would have already finished their first year in cambridge!

Justin
Reply 13
My interviews were ok; not brilliant, but nothing too bad either. *shrugs*
The atmosphere in the Marshall room was pretty good, and the undergrads were friendly.

JHutcher
Its scary to think that by this time next yeah the successful applicants would have already finished their first year in cambridge!

Not me - I'm gapping!
Reply 14
Mine is tomorrow! getting nervous...!
Reply 15
JHutcher

I'm supposed to be running that scheme so any feedback that you make have for this year would be very grateful.

I finally made it home for the first time since the end of the summer today... the start of term seems like such a long time ago. Its scary to think that by this time next yeah the successful applicants would have already finished their first year in cambridge!

One interveiw was really terrible and the second one was pretty good, but i honestly dont think i'll be coming to Cambridge, oh well.
I didnt actually see much of the undergrad helpers, but when i did they were really nice friendly and chilled out. I met some really nice people there which is a double bummer for being rejected.
JHutcher

Justin

the jesus helpers were all well nice and friendly, i found. I think generally its just a realy friendly college
Reply 17
Hey, I applied for SPS, interviews went pretty well, but I'm going over and over all the things I could've said/said wrong, I better get an offere or else I will probably go mad!!

I liked the undergrad helpers, especially some chubby north-england guy studying Land Economy ^_^
Reply 18
One of my interviews was good the other one i thought was quite bad. My interview was on the 14th and the students in the marshall room were really friendly and helpful. I dont think ill get an offer but i had a gd time anyway.
Reply 19
sofialoves
Hey, I applied for SPS, interviews went pretty well, but I'm going over and over all the things I could've said/said wrong, I better get an offere or else I will probably go mad!!

I liked the undergrad helpers, especially some chubby north-england guy studying Land Economy ^_^

I applied for SPS as well. What day was your interview on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending