The Student Room Group

My head hurts when i chew, what could it be?

I am really worried about this a few days ago i slept near a mobile it was turned on and very close to my head. Now i'm experiencing moderate pains on the right side of my head, could it be due to the radiation of the mobile? Could it be the sign of early brain tumor (god forbid). It mainly hurts when i chew on food so eating feels unpleasant. I am wearing a brace and recently started to use bands could it be because of this reason?

two days ago it was both sides of my head now it is just the right. I'm really worried i don't know whether i should see a doc.

If someone has ever experienced symptoms as the above then please do say so i can be relieved.

Thank you.
Uh, no.

It's probably to do with the braces.

Lol, brain tumour.
Must be the braces, I had pain at the sides of my head when I had them. Can't be for sleeping next to the phone for one night only..
Reply 3
Your fine, the worry about mobile phone radiation and health problems is due to the fact that mobile phones emit a trace amount of microwaves, these microwaves are absorbed by water, giving them more energy,(how microwaves cook food) and our brain is 70% water.But these have not been proven so do not worry! and having suffered the torments of braces i can tell you it is the braces, but the pain will subside soon.
Reply 4
I would assume it's the braces, don't panic about the mobile phone thing!
Reply 5
gcseangel
I am really worried about this a few days ago i slept near a mobile it was turned on and very close to my head. Now i'm experiencing moderate pains on the right side of my head, could it be due to the radiation of the mobile? Could it be the sign of early brain tumor (god forbid). It mainly hurts when i chew on food so eating feels unpleasant. I am wearing a brace and recently started to use bands could it be because of this reason?

two days ago it was both sides of my head now it is just the right. I'm really worried i don't know whether i should see a doc.

If someone has ever experienced symptoms as the above then please do say so i can be relieved.

Thank you.

Seriously OP don't worry about this kind of thing. I've had exactly the same, I don't think it's that rare. You get into a mode where you start just wondering something (like whether you've got cancer), then you start actually believing it, then everything that happens you see as evidence that it's true.

The chances of it being the case are so ridiculously small for someone of your age. It's just ridiculously rare. And what I can tell you for SURE is that the phone wouldn't ever cause that in one overnight. That really is just not even possible. The amount of radiation actually penetrating your skull and affecting the cells. The phone wouldn't even have been doing anything. Just well...just no. Not going to happen. If you taped a phone to your head for like 3 years it might start to have an impact.

Just don't worry about it. Seriously, it'll just ruin your week, nothing more. You've got all these other people who've had braces saying they've experienced the same thing, so your question is solved:smile:

Peace and Love xx
Reply 6
Well, since there's no conclusive evidence at all stating that you can get tumours from mobile phones (and some people sleep next to them with them on for years and years, some use them to call people all day long), I think it's safe to say you wont have got it from sleeping next to one for one night.

Also, braces are notorious for causing pain. In your jaw, head, throat... it will settle down. Chill out.
Reply 7
Lol. I think you're being a hypochondriac. It's like the time that poster said they're worried they've caused brain damage from a single spliff =/
Reply 8
Elastics hurt like ****, so it's probably just them.
So dont worty about anything ! The reason you get a pain in your head when you chew is because thats where your jaw muscles are which are connected, sometimes it can get abit stiff so to release this pressure press two fingers for thirty seconds on your head and then open your mouth as wide as you can! I had the same problem, hope this helped x
it's TMJ.
Super-old thread but laughing so hard at the misconception of mobile phone radiation causing a brain tumour :lol:

Someone never passed GCSE Physics :wink:
I was just looking for other people who had head pain on chewing as my husband has been complaining of it. I haven't yet found any answers. I hope by now you have solved your problem.
I knew two you people who died of brian tumors in their 30's. The only connection I could make was they both used mobiles a lot. strangely it was about the same time too. I'm not convinced it can be ruled out.
Original post by Alexion
Super-old thread but laughing so hard at the misconception of mobile phone radiation causing a brain tumour :lol:

Someone never passed GCSE Physics :wink:
Reply 14
i dont have braces and my head is killing me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending