The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Chemistry Practical!!

Hey:biggrin:

Well our teacher told us that we have a chemistry practical evaluation next week and it will be on "synthesis and analysis of aromatic esters".

To anyone whos done it, how did you find it? easy? hard? Also can you tell me what to concentrate my revision on?

XXX
I've done this. I got 23/25, apparently. It was fairly easy, easier than I was expecting at least, but I don't think it's fair to give you any more information than that. Just revise what you've been doing in class (synthesis, analysis, aromatic compounds and esters), and you should be fine.

Oh and by the way, no one will care that you're offering rep - you have no rep power.
Reply 2
Xerophelistica
I've done this. I got 23/25, apparently. It was fairly easy, easier than I was expecting at least, but I don't think it's fair to give you any more information than that. Just revise what you've been doing in class (synthesis, analysis, aromatic compounds and esters), and you should be fine.

Oh and by the way, no one will care that you're offering rep - you have no rep power.

Thanks for the help.. you say you got 23/25 but i thought the evaluation was out of 15?? :s-smilie:
The_wise
Thanks for the help.. you say you got 23/25 but i thought the evaluation was out of 15?? :s-smilie:

Oops, yes, you're absolutely right. I've done the evaluative and a qualitative one, which makes 15+10=25. When I typed that message I didn't realise I was quoting the combined score for the two parts together. My score for the evaluative was 14/15 - but to be honest, it makes no difference to you anyway.

There's something I'm dying you tell you about this paper, but I best not, seeing as it's against TSR rules I'm afraid.
Reply 4
im soo not looking forward to it:frown: soo worried.
I've done this as well. Completely agree with everything that Xerophelistica said!
Reply 6
I haven't even started my coursework yet :sigh:. How is it compared to AS?
yesioo
I haven't even started my coursework yet :sigh:. How is it compared to AS?

Pretty similar in terms of structure. I've done evaluative and qualitative, and the only differences really are the areas that were covered in them.
Xerophelistica
There's something I'm dying you tell you about this paper, but I best not, seeing as it's against TSR rules I'm afraid.

Not even a hint... :puppyeyes:
Reply 9

Not even a hint...

But...personal messages. :sadeyes: :puppyeyes: :gah:
anyone done the kinetics experiment???
Yeah, please don't give away content that features in the practical as that could help someone to cheat, which we don't want =)
Reply 12
letsdothetimewarpagain
Yeah, please don't give away content that features in the practical as that could help someone to cheat, which we don't want =)

your name and picture is so cute :3
Reply 13
ive got my evaluation 1 this thursday and i only know that its about synthesis and analysis of aromatic esters. i no other info otherwise i would help really. im so worrrrrriiiiidddd
Xerophelistica
Oops, yes, you're absolutely right. I've done the evaluative and a qualitative one, which makes 15+10=25. When I typed that message I didn't realise I was quoting the combined score for the two parts together. My score for the evaluative was 14/15 - but to be honest, it makes no difference to you anyway.

i just did this!!! found it ok ish.. what did u get for the last question? pm me if u dnt wnaa post on hereee :smile:
Reply 15
Are there a lot of equations involved in the Evaluative task or is it mainly theory? I can't remember the AS coursework at all. :eek:
Reply 16
can some one just give a hint abt whats gonna come up in this evaluative?
Original post by BOGEYMAN123456789
go here it might be good, look in forums to help u, and others http://paperbank.hourb.com/

This seems to be maths, not chemistry?
Original post by BOGEYMAN123456789
if u look inside the forums, register and look under anything else

or pm bogeyman1815 for it
Reply 19
Hi, im doing this practical on Tuesday, any help please? :frown:

Quick Reply