The Student Room Group
petrolxfumes
K I'm stressing! someone give me tips - and what sort of questions do they ask like in the safety questions and shizz?
I'm scared!

:hugs: Don't be scared- it'll all be ok! :smile: Just remember to stay calm, and think positive!

-Saruman
Reply 2
are you doing your test in watford? i did mine in pinner. don't worry about it, just stay focused.

the saftey questions though can be quite specific, like knowing how to check oil levels (if you don't know, just ask your instructor to show you before the test). also, they can ask how you check the horn/headlights/indicators are working, but that's pretty simple - you just say you'd turn them on (hazard lights to check indicators) and look. if you want to be extra cool, you'd say that you look out for traffic when opening the door to get out and check them.
Reply 3
Awesome cheers, yeah mine's in pinner too - I love that the bays are so huge there!
I think I'll get my instructor to show me what everything is in the bonnet again seeing as i've forgotton! All I remeber is the dipstic cos it has a cool name, hum!
Reply 4
Fail.
Reply 5
I was about to say that if its Watford or St Albans you going to have to be good to pass.
Wood Green in North London has the worst fail rate whilst down the road in Winchmore Hill has the best!

I took my test 4 years ago when we never had to answer all those quesions prior to getting into a car. In fact, it should have been brought into existence ages ago.
Reply 6
I heard that pinner has quite a high pass rate, although a lot of my friends have failed there recently. hum just over 2 hours to go, eeeek!
Reply 7
Well i passed! wahay!
congratulations!
Reply 9
well done! i was going to say that pinner was easy. i passed there with one minor.. just drove around there and northwood a bit in the quiet, trafficless roads more or less.
Reply 10
Yeah it was absoultely fine, although i had to go right out of the test centre, up the horrible road with double parked cars, a petrol station, and then had to turn right onto the highstreet, which is a complete bitch! But it was all fine so wooo!
Reply 11
what is this driving text, we didn't have to do it back in my day, thought it was illegal to use your phone while driving.
Reply 12
Well done! Unfortunately I wasn't as lucky today... fourth bloody time as well :banghead:
Reply 13
Alan Moore
what is this driving text, we didn't have to do it back in my day, thought it was illegal to use your phone while driving.

I only just actually noticed. I can't spell apparently.
*soph*
Well done! Unfortunately I wasn't as lucky today... fourth bloody time as well :banghead:

ahh that sucks. it took one of my friends 5 times so dont worry it will happen eventually. ( im not some person who passed 1 st time giving unknown sympathy- i took me 3 times)
Reply 15
Well done petrolxfumes!!!
Unlucky *soph*. I hope you pass next time.
Reply 16
I wanna book my test in Pinner. My insturcotr says it is the easiest one, whereas watford is the hardest. Anyone here describe to me the sort of roads pinner has (i live in stanmore but tend not to go anywher near pinner). Are there lots of junctions? or just easy, quiet roads with minimal congestion??

Thanks
Reply 17
Well done!
Reply 18
ArsenalTFX
I wanna book my test in Pinner. My insturcotr says it is the easiest one, whereas watford is the hardest. Anyone here describe to me the sort of roads pinner has (i live in stanmore but tend not to go anywher near pinner). Are there lots of junctions? or just easy, quiet roads with minimal congestion??

Thanks

Just book your test wherever you've been learning.

Latest