The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Time to Rate, the Last Thing Ye Ate!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Mackies Haggis and Cracked Black Pepper crisps:

7/10: These were nice heavily flavoured, thick cut crisps with good texture and an even coating of the flavouring. The black pepper was quite strong and overpowered the other flavour which was essentially McCoys Flamegrilled Steak. Although I enjoyed them, it was a bit dissapointing since I was looking for something unusual and identifiably haggis like which wasn't present.
Reply 21
Original post by NS17
Subway - 10/10

Oh Snap!

10/10 for me as well.
Original post by siani-chan
Yay a TotoMimo thread :biggrin:

Strawberry Jam on toast - 8/10 - wish the bread was bigger but as I live with 7 other people who don't really eat bread and only one fridge, I can only buy small bread to fit in the fridge. :p: I love the jam though.

Strawberry low fat yoghurt - 9/10 - yum. :p:

As you can see, I'm having a bit of a strawberry obsession today. I'm just about to eat some strawberries now. :h:

..You put bread in the fridge? :curious:

I had a small Mr Kipling apple pie, 7/10. Pastry was the best bit, overall a bit too sweet, especially the filling. Nice tho!
Original post by crazyunicorn133
..You put bread in the fridge? :curious:

I had a small Mr Kipling apple pie, 7/10. Pastry was the best bit, overall a bit too sweet, especially the filling. Nice tho!

...yes? Always have, my parents did too...? :s-smilie: I don't see anything wrong with it. My housemates who buy bread do too, and my friends at home... I know that's what bread bins are for but we've never owned one, so.
EAT. Duck Soup - 10/10
Reply 25
Cheese and tomato sandwich - 6/10
Reply 26
Steak, potatoes, mixed fresh veg, onions and gravy - 8.3/10.
Reply 27
Apple - 8/10

Crisp, juicy, nice and cold, and just what I wanted post-hangover. Marks deducted because I bought it last Thursday (at a farmers' market in Bloomsbury :ahee: I am so terribly posh these days) and while it's been in the fridge, it wasn't quite as perfect as it could have been.
Reply 28
A packet of ready salted McCoy's - BEST CRISPS IN THE WORLD. XD 9/10
Reply 29
Loving the results thus far! Also loving that someone's literally taking the time out to insta-neg EVERY message I've posted.
Some cheap sausages from Tesco, 7/10-suprisingly good considering how cheap they were...though lately I'll eat anything-my sleeping and eating patterns have gone completely! :ahee:
Reply 31
Original post by jameswhughes
Some cheap sausages from Tesco, 7/10-suprisingly good considering how cheap they were...though lately I'll eat anything-my sleeping and eating patterns have gone completely! :ahee:

I like a decent banger but I also love the dirt cheap Tesco Value or similar sausages... they have such little meat content and so much salt and rusk that they just melt in the mouth.
Chili con carne with pilau rice.

Very well made if I do say so myself :smartass:

8/10 as it needed more chili powder and I think actually pilau rice is more suited to curry than chili.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 33
Asda own brand four cheese pasta stuffed shape things.

2/10.
Sounded delicious. I grated a bit of Cheddar on top, too. Boy was I glad I did. Completely flavorless, the most taste came from my own Cheddar. Ah well, live and learn.
I ate breadsticks and peanut butter. Quite nice actually, but not exactly a mouthgasm... 7/10? 8/10?
I also had a cup of tea. Tea is always nice. at least 8/10, maybe an 9/10. I might make another...
Reply 35

I had to try the counterpart to the Pepsi Citrus Freeze, despite being a tad underwhelmed by it. The Jalapeno Fire Doritos were okay; just kinda like they had paprika and curry powder on them... but not a great deal hotter than the current "hot" flavour, "Chilli Heatwave" (although this was expected. I've kinda given up on things that declare "SUPER HOT OH HOLY CRAP JESUS BUUUUURN" in mass-marketed snack products).

I rate them a tasty but none-too-original/revolutionary 7/10.
Reply 36
Left over chilli con carne.........4/10.

Not half as nice as it was last night :frown:
Reply 37
Spicy tomato pasta with lots of cheese on top. 6/10...the cheese makes up a lot of the points :/
Original post by siani-chan
...yes? Always have, my parents did too...? :s-smilie: I don't see anything wrong with it. My housemates who buy bread do too, and my friends at home... I know that's what bread bins are for but we've never owned one, so.

The moisture content in the fridge means the bread goes mouldy more quickly than if it were just on the side.

Double chocolate muffin, frozen.
8.5/10
Subway chicken tikka on toasted Italian with cheese, lettace, onions and honey mustard sauce. Lush 9/10

Quick Reply

Latest