The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL History 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by teafortwo
Hey, has anyone else got a letter from UCL yet, post questionnaire? I got one yesterday saying admissons had recommended to the history fac that I get a place and I was also invited to an open day in January. It's not a concrete offer, so does anyone know whether I'll get an offer on attending the open day or whether I could still get rejected? Thanks

That means you've got an offer. :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
just got rejected :/ ringing for more information now!
Original post by Hobo389
Wonderful, congratulations! what is your offer then? :P Got to make your mind up at some point, and nice on the EPQ, it doesn't actually mean anything though, makes it slightly useless :L But never mind, it was worth it for the experience.

Got AAA offer but I think I am pushing towards Warwick.. just seems more suited to me. I know kind of wasted some time but it was fun :smile: Where do you think your top choice will be?
Reply 103
Original post by HarrietAddy
Got AAA offer but I think I am pushing towards Warwick.. just seems more suited to me. I know kind of wasted some time but it was fun :smile: Where do you think your top choice will be?

Ahhh congratulations :five: Well done! But that is a shame, i'm looking at UCL all the way hopefully, it's not wasted time at all, you still have the option I guess. I am too scared to firm any of my offers at the moment though, haha, i'll probably do it the day before the deadline..
Speaking to my tutor he said that if your offer is A*AA but you get AAA as your results, he said it is still likely UCL will accept you. Does anyone have any experience of this happening/not happening or know someone it's happened too. I feel that it will take a huge loads of pressure of my shoulders if this is the case ultimately meaning I will do better than with the desperation of an A* hanging over me. Thank you
Reply 105
Original post by kmackenzz
Speaking to my tutor he said that if your offer is A*AA but you get AAA as your results, he said it is still likely UCL will accept you. Does anyone have any experience of this happening/not happening or know someone it's happened too. I feel that it will take a huge loads of pressure of my shoulders if this is the case ultimately meaning I will do better than with the desperation of an A* hanging over me. Thank you

Hi I'm a current student at UCL. Last year my offer was AAA (UCL didn't give out A*AA offers last year) but in the end I got A*(in history)ABBab and still got in so don't worry about it at all! UCL is quite lenient with offers so don't let the panic put you off! It is very likely you'll reach the offer if you work hard for it, so don't let that stop you from having a great experience at UCL - it's the best place to be!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending