The Student Room Group

Performing Arts/Drama/Acting/etc Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Anyone at Central next Wednesday (28th)? :smile:
Original post by Holly-Robyn
I'm at Central on the 11th!
I struggled loads finding my monologues, I've been buying plays for about two years before finding the ones I felt most comfortable with. It's worth taking a few weeks intense reading to find the 'right' one.
'Memory of Water' by Shelagh Stevenson has a couple of good comedy ones, despite being a bit of a bittersweet play. Also try 'Stepping Out', can't remember who its by, and there are no straight monologues, you have to sometimes join the dots and have short paragraphs stuck together, I can't really remember?
How contemp. were you thinking? Just anything 20th Century? Because Oscar Wilde writes brilliant female monologues?
Also, Sue Townsend writes fantastically funny stuff, just depends on your age.

Hope this helps a bit!
See you on the 11th maybe (:
xx

Ohh yeah ur on the 11th too! We should meet up :smile: xx
What other schools u applied for?
Reply 242
Hi. I'm 17 and I'm in my AS year. I'm just wondering whether anyone knows if The foundation course for September at italia conti have already been auditioned for. I'm not sure how the system works but I really want to attempt to audition so I could hopefully start in September. Could someone please let me know. Thank you
Guildhall School Of Music & Drama 3rd APRIL ANYONE???
Original post by GonnaMarryTheNight
Ohh yeah ur on the 11th too! We should meet up :smile: xx
What other schools u applied for?

Only applied for the UCAS drama schools because I couldn't afford al the audition fees! Applied for LIPA (hated it!) Man Met (where I really wanted to go), Rose Bruford (callback next week) and Central (next week), and also applied to Uni of Hull which is actually a bloody good course!!
If I'm awful at auditions/not happy with what happens this year, I'm gonna apply for RADA/Bristol Old Vic/Mountview/Italia etc next year, but I think I'll be headed to Hull. Love the look of bruford though...!
Whattabout you?
xx
hello! wonder if someone can give me a bit of advice, I have an audition at LAMDA next week and have never done anything like this before, feeling a bit overwhelmed!
first of all, they say that the modern monologue can't be by a 'little known' author, but what does this actually mean?
and then swearing in monologues, this is ok, right?
I realise that these are probably stupid questions, but would really appreciate some help! thanks :smile:
Reply 246
Original post by diamondskyes
hello! wonder if someone can give me a bit of advice, I have an audition at LAMDA next week and have never done anything like this before, feeling a bit overwhelmed!
first of all, they say that the modern monologue can't be by a 'little known' author, but what does this actually mean?
I realise that these are probably stupid questions, but would really appreciate some help! thanks :smile:

I think it means that the author must be well known so go for the Shakespeare or things like that. Aaaaaand yes only a little bit of swearing though don't go overboard
Original post by diamondskyes

For the little known author thing, I think if you google them and they have a Wikipedia page with more than just a list of their plays on, you'll be fine :smile:
Anyone had their audition at Guildhall school of music and drama yet, for BA Acting?
How did it go? What was it like?
:smile:
Reply 249
There isn't a Drama 2013 thread, so I thought I'd use this one!

I'm going to be applying for the first time in 2013 for Unis, and I'm thinking about Brunel, Middlesex, Bristol and Birmingham (Theatre/Drama courses). Can anyone give an inside opinion on any of those?
Reply 250
Hello everyone,

Got my very first drama school auditions next week.. Just wondered what the interviews entail? Interviews I had to for uni courses were very broad and mainly focused on the institution... can anyone give me heads up as to in what ball park the questions for RADA and LAMDA may be?

Love, peace and biscuits,

Holly xxx

P.S. Is anyone going to be there too? RADA 11th April in London, LAMDA 14th April in Leicester.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 251
Original post by LinfordB
Anyone at Central next Wednesday (28th)? :smile:

How's your auditioning going pal? LAMDA 14th APRIL (: EXCITED.
Reply 252
Original post by omgpaulthompson
Had my auditon for Cumbria and RSC, anyone got an audition for Northumbria on the 22nd?

Hello, How did your audition go for Northumbria? I have an audition on the 4th April and I'm really nervous about it. If you could give me some advice that would be great.

Michael
Reply 253
Anyone had an audition for BA(Hons) Performance at Northumbria? I have one in two days ARGH! I have done a lot of preparation I'm just nervous of the unknown really if anyone could give me any advice that would be great.

Michael
Reply 254
Original post by holly6946
How's your auditioning going pal? LAMDA 14th APRIL (: EXCITED.

Haha, me too - should be good and at least it's not too far from home :smile:

Yeah, not too bad: recall for Royal Welsh, and got through to the second round for all three acting courses at Central so just got to wait until the end of the month to see if I've got through to round three. :biggrin: You?
Reply 255
Original post by LinfordB
Haha, me too - should be good and at least it's not too far from home :smile:

Yeah, not too bad: recall for Royal Welsh, and got through to the second round for all three acting courses at Central so just got to wait until the end of the month to see if I've got through to round three. :biggrin: You?

Congrats. I got into Royal Welsh and Central (theatre design) and now I dont know which one to choose. Do you have a fave? Theyre pretty different but both so good, its driving me mad!
Got a recall for BA ACTING at GUILDHALL! :smile:
Reply 257
Original post by Philemon
Congrats. I got into Royal Welsh and Central (theatre design) and now I dont know which one to choose. Do you have a fave? Theyre pretty different but both so good, its driving me mad!

Haha, that's what I'm finding; they're both lovely and both in great places, but choosing is a pain! I think I'm leaning more towards Central, personally; just feels right at the moment.
Reply 258
What's Birmingham School of Acting like?
Original post by Mykl
Hello, How did your audition go for Northumbria? I have an audition on the 4th April and I'm really nervous about it. If you could give me some advice that would be great.

Michael

Hey I had my Northumbria audition on the 4th April, how did it go for you?

Rhiannon

Quick Reply

Latest