The Student Room Group

I have become so fat over this easter :q

anon please.

Ive gained about 2kg according to the scales. Over 4 weeks :eek:

wtf?? I have been eating A LOT I know, but this has just depressed me so much.

I haven't even been revising well for my exams, only getting really stressed and bored and eating way too much food. The other day I was just sobbing all day because I felt like I was going to fail. I never cry like that :/

:cry: But now i feel so horribly fat and horrible, it's all I can think about. I'm permanently insecure about my weight, and now I don't even want to leave the house anymore. I go back to school soon but I feel so fat I'm dreading it. Worse still, there's a ball in two weeks and I just don't want to go anymore even though I've paid. Finding a dress will depress me, I'm too fat. I so wanted to be thinner by then, Id been losing weight before easter and was kind of nearly at an ok weight.

And the weather's crap.

And I'm going to fail exams.

How can a person gain so much weight so quickly??? Why am I so stupid?? :frown::frown::frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lose some ****ing weight then
Reply 2
It's likely more than half of your problems will be solved by taking a number two.

If not, put things into perspective, open your books and force yourself to do some work. Even just an hour of work in a whole day will be substantially better than none at all, plus you will feel much better for it.
Reply 3
WOAH!! WOAH!! 2KG??!!? Omg now you'll have to buy 2 plane tickets cuz you'll take up to much space. I'm surprised you didn't break the scale you stood on :rolleyes: /sarcasm

OP it's not a big deal. Instead of complaining online go and loose some weight if your so distraught.
Reply 4
2 kilos is nothing really...just try to eat healthy and do some exercise ( like walking for about 1 hour everyday) for a week and you'll lose them quickly with no effort :h:
troll?
I wouldn't even notice a 2KG increase.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
anon please.

Ive gained about 2kg according to the scales. Over 4 weeks :eek:

wtf?? I have been eating A LOT I know, but this has just depressed me so much.

I haven't even been revising well for my exams, only getting really stressed and bored and eating way too much food. The other day I was just sobbing all day because I felt like I was going to fail. I never cry like that :/

:cry: But now i feel so horribly fat and horrible, it's all I can think about. I'm permanently insecure about my weight, and now I don't even want to leave the house anymore. I go back to school soon but I feel so fat I'm dreading it. Worse still, there's a ball in two weeks and I just don't want to go anymore even though I've paid. Finding a dress will depress me, I'm too fat. I so wanted to be thinner by then, Id been losing weight before easter and was kind of nearly at an ok weight.

And the weather's crap.

And I'm going to fail exams.

How can a person gain so much weight so quickly??? Why am I so stupid?? :frown::frown::frown:

2kg may seem crushing but people tend to notice weight gain at around the stone mark. Seriously you will be fine, just promise to make an effort to get back on track and it's not an insurmountable obstacle any more.
Reply 8
:rolleyes:

Yes I know I need to 'go lose weight'.

Problem is, that's not gonna happen in a hurry, majorly hindered by the fact that I have serious amounts of revision to do, it's been raining almost all the time, and I feel so unmotivated due to general unhappiness :frown:

2 kg is enough to make me noticably fatter...my jeans feel tighter, I gain weight around my stomach and chest mainy. Flabb. Its the most unflattering body type, so hard to buy clothes for.

I was 65kg, now Im 67 :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Rainingshame
troll?

what's trollish about this? I wish I was making it up tbh...:s-smilie:
Is there any reason you have been eating more then usual?

Could you do some more exercise?

Maybe you need to address the reasons for your over-eating?

If you are that worried- go to your GP and tell him/her this, everything you've just told us.

HTH.
Reply 11
thankyou to the encouraging posts :smile:
what's trollish about this? I wish I was making it up tbh...:s-smilie:

it's 2kg dude/dudette i must have gained 3 then lost 3 then gain 3 then lost 3 then gained 1 1/2 over the last 6 weeks. I'm of those people that can both gain and lose a stone in a week
Reply 13

2 kg is enough to make me noticably fatter...my jeans feel tighter, I gain weight around my stomach and chest mainy. Flabb. Its the most unflattering body type, so hard to buy clothes for.

lol no
Reply 14
:rolleyes:

Yes I know I need to 'go lose weight'.

Problem is, that's not gonna happen in a hurry, majorly hindered by the fact that I have serious amounts of revision to do, it's been raining almost all the time, and I feel so unmotivated due to general unhappiness :frown:

What :s-smilie: 67kg is like 10 and a half stone. There's nothing wrong with that. Get over it, there's more important things in life, seriously!
2KGs, seriously!? get over it, my bf has just left me and i've put on about half a stone since! and im not b****ing about it online to random people!

eat a little less, do more and study! x
Reply 16
Original post by Elissabeth
Is there any reason you have been eating more then usual?

Could you do some more exercise?

Maybe you need to address the reasons for your over-eating?

If you are that worried- go to your GP and tell him/her this, everything you've just told us.

HTH.

welll...its a bit of a mess really. My eating habits have been really unnatural for years, and Im constantly going up and down. Within the range of almost 20kg. :rolleyes: I never starve myself, lose weight healthily, but I also binge loads, no idea why or how to stop. but then my weight bounces up again...

So 2kg should be nothing, it's happened before and I've lost that much weight countless times...but I really thought I was past the bingeing and had learnt to eat moderately.

So now to gain this weight again, and be nearly at my heaviest again...:frown::frown::frown: Add to that the stresses of exams and this stupid ball I have coming up, I just want to crawl into a hole and die tbh

I'm pretty fit; I run outside for about an hour 3/4 times a week and do a lot of walking, its the eating that I just can't control. :frown:
These 2 problems will only be solved if you do something about them :smile:
There's 24 hours in a day, I'm sure you can find time to fit in some exercise, even if it's just a 30 minute walk :smile: it's better than nothing! Again with exams, nobody feels like revising, but if you don't do it now, you'll just have to sit the exams again and revise at another time when you could be moving on with your life. Failing an exam isn't the end of the world! You can always take it again, but you should try your best now :smile: Your problems are solveable and it'll all be worth it in the end :smile:
& you can't control the weather, so stop worrying! Book yourself a nice holiday after the exams, you'll feel like you'll deserve it after the exams, plus it will motivate you to exercise AND you'll have some sun! :biggrin: Good luck xx
67kg is more than perfectly healthy, if you're exercising regularly.

I'm 93kg, if you want some perspective.
Reply 19
Original post by Rainingshame
it's 2kg dude/dudette i must have gained 3 then lost 3 then gain 3 then lost 3 then gained 1 1/2 over the last 6 weeks. I'm of those people that can both gain and lose a stone in a week

dudette lol

Yeah my weight goes up and down rapidly as well, but it's just I feel I can't cope with weight gain now, what with everything else going on...

Quick Reply

Latest