The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Student jobs?

Hey!
I'll be starting UoL in September and I really want to get a part time job throughout the year. Anyone know anywhere I should apply? Maybe someone's leaving a summer job I could take over?
All help appreciated! Thanks!
Reply 1
They'll be plenty of jobs around, try pubs, clubs, restaurants, and shops, I didn't struggle at all, although I'm in a different city.

Before you apply and get a job, you might want to wait til results day? Most employers will want you to start straight away after getting the job and a four week notice period, they won't be best pleased if you back out on them or have nowhere to stay in liverpool.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
I'm an unconditional (gap year whoo!) so definitely going to Liverpool ^^
Should I apply once I've got there? I'm worried people will have taken all the jobs...?
Reply 3
Original post by HaVoCensures
I'm an unconditional (gap year whoo!) so definitely going to Liverpool ^^
Should I apply once I've got there? I'm worried people will have taken all the jobs...?

I would see what you can apply for online now before you get there. Lots of places do their applications online such as most supermarkets, some clothes stores, etc.

Good luck!
Reply 4
It depends what you're looking for really then, major chains you will have to apply online, there will be a fair bit of competition from others. You're also be working set hours in a supermarket, or a minimum number of weekly in a clothes shop. I worked in sainsbury's for nearly three years doing three evenings a week, but quit after I got to uni for a more flexible job.

Bars, restaurants, events, catering, etc will be casual hours according to demand. Smaller places are more likely to hire from a cv, but make sure you change each one to fit the business.

Something that's worked for me in the past is sending out emails with a cv attached saying something like I can't find any vacancies with you at the moment, but I really love the brand/whatever they sell/coming here as a kid and ask them to consider your cv.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending