The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

What date are you moving down?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elevant
I am coming all the way from Estonia, which is very close compared to California! It's so cool that Aber is so international.

Awesome! Yes it is cool that Aber has students from all over.

Original post by sarahlabrosse
Whats the start of term date including the welcome week thing? The 24th? :smile:?

UCAS says it's the 24th. But the 21st-23rd is the move in weekend, Friday the 21st at 10am being the earliest you can move in if you're staying in campus accommodation.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 21
It's friday the 21st you can move in, then i guess the welcome + things begin immediately
21st :biggrin:
00/00/00 <3
Reply 24
If I'm coming there on the 23rd, am I losing anything? When does the freshers week start? 24th? The weekend is just for moving right? ^^
This is what the AberGuild website says.

Sunday 23rd September
“Get Fresh- Get to know your Union”, Main Room, Students' Union, 12.30-1.30pm A brief introduction to the Students Union from the 5 Sabbatical officers, and a chance to ask questions only a student could answer!
----------------------------------
Monday 24th September
Freshers Fayre, (Trade Fayre in the Sports Cage, Penglais campus- 10am-4pm A chance for new students to get a host of freebies and information from local and national businesses to assist them with their University life ahead.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday 25th September
Sports Clubs Fayre in the Sports Cage, Penglais campus- 10am-4pm A chance for new students to find out about what Sports Clubs are on offer to them.
----------------------------------
Wednesday 26th September
Societies Fayre in the Sports Cage, Penglais campus- 10am-4pm A chance for new students to find out about what Societies are on offer to them.
Original post by britchick
Hey guys I feel like I'm intruding a bit as I'm intending to go to another uni, but just out of curiosity, how soon/late are you guys moving in in terms of freshers week/start of your course? e.g. for me freshers week starts 17th September, and accommodation is open from the 12th - would you say moving in the day before freshers, 16th, is a decent time to move in? Also what time of day do people usually arrive, morning or afternoon? I'm so worried about getting there sooner/later than most other people!

If you post this in the uni forum you intend to go to, you should get a better response and more tailored to your questions from a experienced user there. As you are aware this forum is for Aberystwyth University, so the users in here only really know about Aberystwyth. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by AndromedaLight
I'm moving in as soon as possible. The morning accommodation opens. I want to settle in, explore the town, and meet a few people before the chaos starts. ^_^

Original post by The Optimistic Ram
If you post this in the uni forum you intend to go to, you should get a better response and more tailored to your questions from a experienced user there. As you are aware this forum is for Aberystwyth University, so the users in here only really know about Aberystwyth. :smile:

Thanks for both of your replies! I've now found the appropriate thread for my uni so I can ask others there :smile: best of luck to you both!
Planning to come on the Saturday :smile:
Hey all I'm a second year this upcoming academic year, so feel free to ask me questions on anything you want and I will do my best to answer :smile:
Reply 30
What are you studying? :smile:
How do you like aber?
What sort of time will everyone be drunk by on the friday xD?
Reply 31
Hello! I am also coming from Estonia, probably on Sept 22.
I'll see you there!
Minna
I've booked 21st between 11 and 12, can't wait to get down there now :smile:
Reply 33
I'm going up on the 21st, I think going up on Saturday will be leaving it a bit too late!
Anyone else coming from London???
Reply 34
Original post by qnst
Hello! I am also coming from Estonia, probably on Sept 22.
I'll see you there!
Minna

Oh hello kinsman! What are you studying?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Elevant
Oh hello kinsman! What are you studying?

Going to Theatre and Performance Studies :smile: you?
Reply 36
Original post by qnst
Going to Theatre and Performance Studies :smile: you?

Astrophysics. Are you a part of the Estoanians in Aber facebook page, too? If not, then you should know there's a whole community :wink:
Original post by Ddraig Goch
I've booked 21st between 11 and 12, can't wait to get down there now :smile:

I booked the 21st after 10. First slot. I'll probably be waiting for the door to open at 8am. Idk why I'm obsessed with being early.

Though I'll be staying in town a few days before the 21st as well and I'll be so nervous the night before I won't be able to sleep.
Reply 38
Original post by Elevant
Astrophysics. Are you a part of the Estoanians in Aber facebook page, too? If not, then you should know there's a whole community :wink:

I didn't know but I looked it up so yay, ma olen ka nüüd seal! :smile:
Reply 39
Booked between 1:00 and 2:00 ond the 22nd, at Alexander halls!

Quick Reply

Latest