The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The_Lonely_Goatherd
I love how that post was 'arse' :rofl:

In fact, even if it wasn't mine, I'd have demanded the rightful 10,000er edited their post to "arse".
Turdburger
Im afraid Teebs would win. I was such a scopey I overshot and got 9999 lol.

I suppose we all should have guessed that everyone would try and get the 10,000th post and subsequently there'd be a mass influx of posts, causing the majority not to be the 10,000th post.

My sister asked what I was doing. I contemplated telling her that I was competing against other Oxford students who I don't even know in real life, to get the 10,000th post on a procrastination thread but decided against it :p:
2 5 +
In fact, even if it wasn't mine, I'd have demanded the rightful 10,000er edited their post to "arse".

Naturally :yep:

:p:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
I suppose we all should have guessed that everyone would try and get the 10,000th post and subsequently there'd be a mass influx of posts, causing the majority not to be the 10,000th post.

My sister asked what I was doing. I contemplated telling her that I was competing against other Oxford students who I don't even know in real life, to get the 10,000th post on a procrastination thread but decided against it :p:

Only 4 more to go. :biggrin:
Turdburger
Only 4 more to go. :biggrin:

2 now :ninja:
The_Lonely_Goatherd

Yeah, I just told my dad I was masturbating, there's less of a stigma.
2 5 +

:rofl:

(And that, folks, is my 4,000th post!)

:danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy:
Reply 27
2 5 +

I just don't tell my parents anything. Information security is paramount.
I try not to tell the family, coz they think I'm obsessed ( :ninja: ) but people are always floating round the computer coz it's next to the TV and phone :s-smilie:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
That is a very good question. I think it's coz I only spam the Oxbridge forum and people let me get away with it coz they feel sorry for me. Coz I'm a lonely goatherd :nopity:

I tend to build up post by posting in the 'General Discussion' threads. They get boring though so I tend to leave most of them fairly quickly :yep:

yodaleh yodaleh youdaleh-ee-oo :flute:.

I think you're fine so long as your posts are vaguely constructive.
F1 fanatic
yodaleh yodaleh youdaleh-ee-oo :flute:.

I think you're fine so long as your posts are vaguely constructive.

Yay! They usually are constructive :yep:
The_Lonely_Goatherd

You've managed to avoid meeting other TSRians in an incestuous place like Oxford? How on earth did you do manage that?
F1 fanatic
You've managed to avoid meeting other TSRians in an incestuous place like Oxford? How on earth did you do manage that?

Well I've never been to the meet-up things, so I don't actually know anyone on here aside from the people in my year at Woosta. Though tarnishedpenny did spot me in Combibos (hence the long discussion about Combibos) and some of the applicants PM-ed me in December asking if I'd been at the G&Ds in Little Clarendon St (which I had) :eek: So people have managed to track me down :yep:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Well I've never been to the meet-up things, so I don't actually know anyone on here aside from the people in my year at Woosta. Though tarnishedpenny did spot me in Combibos (hence the long discussion about Combibos) and some of the applicants PM-ed me in December asking if I'd been at the G&Ds in Little Clarendon St (which I had) :eek: So people have managed to track me down :yep:

So you do know people then :yes:. I don't think I've met many of the current regulars, all these new folk have come out the woodwork since I left.
Reply 34
I'd never met anyone, beyond nodding at Athena twice until 3rd year.
Whatever happened to Mrs. Carrothead.

She was a combibos aficionado as well
F1 fanatic
So you do know people then :yes:. I don't think I've met many of the current regulars, all these new folk have come out the woodwork since I left.

Well you see, I'm in the 'Interviews at Oxford' booklet. So if you match my sig with the Sri Lankan flag in the corner of my user name with the profile in that booklet, everyone can (and has) identify/ied me very easily. So quite a few people see me in Oxford, but they don't come and say hello at the time, they tell me later on TSR. So I don't know them as such :rofl:
Turdburger
Whatever happened to Mrs. Carrothead.

She was a combibos aficionado as well

I've been wondering that myself. She's clearly not procrastinating enough :no:
Well they could have shouted hello im from the internet. Could have been worse!
Turdburger
Well they could have shouted hello im from the internet. Could have been worse!

Very true :rofl:

I suppose it must be quite nerve wracking going up to someone and being like "are you on TSR?". I did the London Oxbridge Regional Conference and I knew another Oxford TSR person was also there as a helper (my housemate aside) and I wanted to find out who it was but didn't have the nerve to ask anyone if they're on TSR :o:

Latest