The Student Room Group

Queen's University, Belfast 2010 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

laura_frances
Ahh interesting plan lol. I haven't done an ounce of relevant work experience :o: I couldnt really have, until about 18 months ago I couldnt have cared less about politics!!! im definatley NOT one of those people whos always known what they wanted to do. Was just my last few years at college and taking World Development at A level that got me really interested. Arrgh iv just been looking at ferries across and its really pricey! I plan to go over on the 1st of Sept and stay with my boyfriend til halls open but its like £200 approx return :frown: might just get a plane lol! x

The planes from gloucs airport are really cheap. Go on to manx2.com and you'll find the list of destinations etc. WE have to go via isle of man though. But the airport is so close and apparently you only have to arrive like 1/2hr before. That's how I'm getting back at christmas. Is it just me, or do our holidays seem shorter than everyone elses? we get like 3 weeks at xmas! What are your plans for the rest of summer?
princess_me07
The planes from gloucs airport are really cheap. Go on to manx2.com and you'll find the list of destinations etc. WE have to go via isle of man though. But the airport is so close and apparently you only have to arrive like 1/2hr before. That's how I'm getting back at christmas. Is it just me, or do our holidays seem shorter than everyone elses? we get like 3 weeks at xmas! What are your plans for the rest of summer?

Hmm the manx2 website is weird, do you have to buy 2 tickets? one to the isle of man then another from there to belfast?:s-smilie: I haven't seen any term time dates, 3 weeks is enough for me but yh im sure others get like a month off! Where did u see the holiday dates? I feel so unorganised :frown: I have no summer plans but i wish i did, i have a cleaning job at my dads office but its nothing to get excited about zzzzzzzz, this is why i wana move over to Belfast early, try gettin a job over there to keep me busy. How do your parents feel about you moving all the way to NI? I only ask cus mine were clueless as to why Id wana move so far away lol
laura_frances
Hmm the manx2 website is weird, do you have to buy 2 tickets? one to the isle of man then another from there to belfast?:s-smilie: I haven't seen any term time dates, 3 weeks is enough for me but yh im sure others get like a month off! Where did u see the holiday dates? I feel so unorganised :frown: I have no summer plans but i wish i did, i have a cleaning job at my dads office but its nothing to get excited about zzzzzzzz, this is why i wana move over to Belfast early, try gettin a job over there to keep me busy. How do your parents feel about you moving all the way to NI? I only ask cus mine were clueless as to why Id wana move so far away lol

the website is a little odd. I think if you phone them up you can get a good deal for a cross over to the isle of man. May be a plan for coming home at xmas? I saw the holiday dates on the website. Type in term dates to the search button and you should get close. Yeh the job thing sounds good but I think I might want to get into the rountine of lectures first and then go and get one (if there are any left that is). My mum is really excited and it doesn't really bother her because she knows its only like an 1hr by plane. And shes going to come over and stay for the weekend. My step mum is really excited too but my dad is being such a pain. He's a bit of a home lad though so it's not really his thing. It's just a little bit different to everything else. I think moving like a couple of hrs away from home is just rele boring. At leat in NI we're going to experience a new culture and new people. I can't wait :smile: but still very nervous. I was talking to one of my friends who is at Exeter and she said the 1st night is a bit awkward but everone is in the same boat so you just get on with it. That made me feel loads better. Do you know when we find out our blocks and rooms? x
Got in to QUB to study Zoology.... starting my first year on the 27th of september! living in elms village Rowan gardens....
See if I'm handed one more Box/Rain/mclub/Thompsons leaflet...

When does this stop? I know I'm probably being dead boring but as someone who isn't a big fan of any of going to any of those bloody places, it's starting to annoy me just a tad. I thought they'd be gone after Fresher's Week. Hrmm.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 425
SmileLetsGo

When does this stop? I know I'm probably being dead boring but as someone who isn't a big fan of any of going to any of those bloody places, it's starting to annoy me just a tad. I thought they'd be gone after Fresher's Week. Hrmm.

Hahaha! I know exactly what you mean!! Ive been coming home with half a rainforests worth of leaflets everyday! Ive learnt to say no or just ignore them...hopefully they'll give up soon! :smile:
Reply 426
SmileLetsGo

They stopped a couple of weeks in last year so hopefully soon! Maybe they were trying to get the 2nd/3rd years who weren't in during freshers. They are annoying though! I've got to the point where I either just completely ignore them or tell them I've got a million of their leaflets at home. :L
Reply 427
Hi, I really want to go to Queens!!!!
I want to do psychology!!!!
I sent my UCAS application off on the 2nd of December 2010, and havent heard anything from them!!!
I've has an offer from Liverpool!!
But I want to go to Queens!!
Is anyone else applied to psychology at Queens??
oh yeah, i am from England by the way!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending