The Student Room Group

Sex chatlines - Excel Telemedia

Anon or delete, please :smile:

Has anyone worked for them on their sex chatlines/text services? Or any of their other text services for that matter? And did you find it weird?

I'm just looking into ways to get a bit more income going, and they *seem* pretty legit, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them. I'm pretty open minded, and whilst I don't think I'd be going in for the phone stuff, I'd be interested in the text thing. Any help or advice would be great :smile: thanks!
Reply 1
lol i worked on babesation for one night! it was hilarious, but i couldn't be bothered with waiting a month to get payed and i felt uncomfortable with people i know seeing it!

iv never done the phone/text stuff, you dont get payed very much and its too much effort. i think my friend did for abit though, she did phone sex/talking and it was fine for her
A friend of mine worked on one where you had to shout abuse at the guy down the phone.
She lasted quite a while actually, and let me take a few calls!
Reply 3
Yeah I hear there's some REALLY weird stuff out there! But I'm just looking at generic text stuff - I know it's not that much money; they pay 8p a text so say I send 100 a day if I do it for a couple of hours that's still £56 a week! I have 2 other jobs, but I'm saving up some money to buy a car so everything helps! Especially as I'll be able to do it in my down-time when I'm watching TV in the evenings :smile: or on any of my days off really! Plus it's not just restricted to weekdays, so I can put in quite a lot of time at the weekend.
Reply 4
Bump :smile:
Reply 5
I dont think there is anything wrong.
Most of the guys that use it must be freaks.
Take care :smile:
I might sign up for this, £50 a week would be pretty cushty, bit more when I can't sleep at night.
Anonymous
Yeah I hear there's some REALLY weird stuff out there! But I'm just looking at generic text stuff - I know it's not that much money; they pay 8p a text so say I send 100 a day if I do it for a couple of hours that's still £56 a week! I have 2 other jobs, but I'm saving up some money to buy a car so everything helps! Especially as I'll be able to do it in my down-time when I'm watching TV in the evenings :smile: or on any of my days off really! Plus it's not just restricted to weekdays, so I can put in quite a lot of time at the weekend.

how much does it cost you to send the texts? i could do this....:ninja:
Reply 8
It costs you nothing. They give you login details so you can log in and send them from your laptop. The only cost to you is the electric you'd be running I guess!

I was really wondering if anyone had had experience with the Excel Telemedia company - I've seen it mentioned by LOADS of people, and I can't find anything bad about it anywhere, but I just like to check before I send my bank details and a copy of my driving licence to a company!
Reply 9
Saint
lol i worked on babesation for one night! it was hilarious, but i couldn't be bothered with waiting a month to get payed and i felt uncomfortable with people i know seeing it!

iv never done the phone/text stuff, you dont get payed very much and its too much effort. i think my friend did for abit though, she did phone sex/talking and it was fine for her

Lol me and my mates called one of those stations after a night out and the company cut us of when my mate said he was a midget that looked like a 5 year old :biggrin:

A few questions:

Do the girls have sex with each other on breaks because they all seem like dikes tbh

How much did you get paid?
Reply 10
Lol- it must be very awkward and weird working at such a place... al those freaks calling
Reply 11
Nick_000
Lol me and my mates called one of those stations after a night out and the company cut us of when my mate said he was a midget that looked like a 5 year old :biggrin:

A few questions:

Do the girls have sex with each other on breaks because they all seem like dikes tbh

How much did you get paid?

haha no sex, the ones i worked with were just standard essex ladies.
i got £150 for one night, that is the starting salary but it goes up to £400 per night for regular girls.
Anonymous
It costs you nothing. They give you login details so you can log in and send them from your laptop. The only cost to you is the electric you'd be running I guess!

I was really wondering if anyone had had experience with the Excel Telemedia company - I've seen it mentioned by LOADS of people, and I can't find anything bad about it anywhere, but I just like to check before I send my bank details and a copy of my driving licence to a company!

I've just applied lol :biggrin: .....i'm male though, but all of their literature talks about 'girls'.....is there the opportunity to offer chat to gay men? would i be allowed to pose as a girl?
Reply 13
Well that's the thing, I've got their application pack and a copy of the contract to sign and return, I just want to be 100% before I give them my details!
Anonymous
Well that's the thing, I've got their application pack and a copy of the contract to sign and return, I just want to be 100% before I give them my details!

so after you applied online, they sent u the offer of a job straight away? with the stuff they say they'll send you? (I'm trying to work out if im like guaranteed a job lol :p: )
Reply 15
If you visit the forums at MSEthere are people with experience of this on the Up Your Income board
Original post by warrior-1
Lol- it must be very awkward and weird working at such a place... al those freaks calling

Nowhere near as awkward as dealing with judgemental, small minded freaks!! I speak from the heart, as I've done telephone sex chat lines, for Excel and probably had your father on as a regular nightly caller, dressed in your mothers underwear.........

Before passing judgement on the NORMAL men who call those lines, perhaps you should live a little? Mind you, you are young enough to know everything, aren't you? 'Wilde'.

There is NOTHING wrong with using a chat line. Especially after years of stale sex with a partner that no longer floats your boat. A FREAK is a person who passes a huge judgement with nothing but a couple of quick bouts of REALLY BAD sex under their belt.........
Original post by Anonymous
Anon or delete, please :smile:

Has anyone worked for them on their sex chatlines/text services? Or any of their other text services for that matter? And did you find it weird?

I'm just looking into ways to get a bit more income going, and they *seem* pretty legit, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them. I'm pretty open minded, and whilst I don't think I'd be going in for the phone stuff, I'd be interested in the text thing. Any help or advice would be great :smile: thanks!

I'm wondering how you got on working for Excel and we may even have spoken to each other on their forum? It's a GREAT job if you have the nerve and creativity for it. Especially if you're trying to earn a little extra each week. You can earn a grand a month from it without too much stress to be honest.

Sadly, although I was one of the better ops with very good average call times, I got fired when stuttering stanley intervened!! I didn't think that asking for a penny per minute increase after four years of no increase was too much to ask. I understand he and Keiron have left now, so I may consider gracing their lines with my presence once more? Who knows.

I hope you had a good experience with it all and that you've been earning well.

Mistress Jane.
I work for them on the phone lines...don't bother with the texts with Excel as the traffic is *very* slow and you wont make any money from it. With the phone lines I average £50-£70 a week, but some women make hundreds (best I did was just shy of £200).

They're a legit company, so don't worry about signing up. Just remember you'll be self employed so will have to register with the tax man as such.

Also, you have to be *really* open minded. I consider myself a pretty laid back person, but even I have had calls I am not comfortable with, and have had to ask the caller to find another girl to speak to (content wasn't illegal, just really not my thing). You also have to do a fair bit of research into different "interests" that you may come up against. But as long as you're open minded, with a good imagination then you'll be fine.

Personally I love the freedom of it - I sign on as and when I want to, which is great :smile:.
Original post by Anonymous
I work for them on the phone lines...don't bother with the texts with Excel as the traffic is *very* slow and you wont make any money from it. With the phone lines I average £50-£70 a week, but some women make hundreds (best I did was just shy of £200).

They're a legit company, so don't worry about signing up. Just remember you'll be self employed so will have to register with the tax man as such.

Also, you have to be *really* open minded. I consider myself a pretty laid back person, but even I have had calls I am not comfortable with, and have had to ask the caller to find another girl to speak to (content wasn't illegal, just really not my thing). You also have to do a fair bit of research into different "interests" that you may come up against. But as long as you're open minded, with a good imagination then you'll be fine.

Personally I love the freedom of it - I sign on as and when I want to, which is great :smile:.

Hi anon i have just started doing chat lines myself and i am finding i need to do research into different things too.

This is reassuring xxxx

Latest