The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

ANYONE joining Durham from India

Hey!!
is anyone joining Ustinov College, Durham from India...
I got offer under MSc in Software Engineering Management programme
Reply 1
hi
i hav an offer for MSc advanced software engineering
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi I am planning to join the law undergrad this fall
Reply 3
i have got admission at Trevalyan
Original post by smellycat7

Hey!!

I have also got admission for the same programme at Durham ...can we talk some more?? What is ur name?
Reply 5
I am! Masters in Psychology. I'm from Bangalore!
Hey!!

Joining for PhD Geography. Placed at the college besides yours, JB College:smile:
Reply 7
Quite a number!
BA Eng Lit, Collingwood.
Mumbai.
Original post by pai2502
Quite a number!
BA Eng Lit, Collingwood.
Mumbai.

Aren't you a year late on this? :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Awoodrow2
Aren't you a year late on this? :wink:

Oops! :redface:
But on the other hand, it myt get this year's indian freshers' attention..:rolleyes:
Original post by pai2502
Quite a number!
BA Eng Lit, Collingwood.
Mumbai.

Well having been to mumbai many times on business I can confirm that you will find Durham very different :biggrin: We certainly do not have anything here to compare with the traffic in Bangalore, at which I still marvel today, even the M25 on the Friday of a public holiday weekend.

The good news is the climate in Durham is not particularly harsh, so you will not suffer in the way my colleagues did when we were working in Scandinavia over the winter.

Welcome and good luck with your course.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by evening sunrise
Well having been to mumbai many times on business I can confirm that you will find Durham very different :biggrin: We certainly do not have anything here to compare with the traffic in Bangalore, at which I still marvel today, even the M25 on the Friday of a public holiday weekend.

The good news is the climate in Durham is not particularly harsh, so you will not suffer in the way my colleagues did when we were working in Scandinavia over the winter.

Welcome and good luck with your course.

Why, thank you! :smile:
Are you a fellow durham student? Or a Durham resident?
Original post by pai2502
Why, thank you! :smile:
Are you a fellow durham student? Or a Durham resident?

I will be a Durham student, albeit a very old one, from October, this is definate as my offer is unconditional. I am in St John's college reading for a BSc Archaeology. I will be living with my wife and the two youngest of our four children, at Newcastle University where my wife starts her BSc Environmental Science at the end of September, her offer is unconditional and hence definate as well.

We currently live half way between London and Birmingham in Northamptonshire and will move up to the North East early in September. We will return home at xmas and during the summer, but will remain in the North East at Easter.
Reply 13
Original post by evening sunrise
I will be a Durham student, albeit a very old one, from October, this is definate as my offer is unconditional. I am in St John's college reading for a BSc Archaeology. I will be living with my wife and the two youngest of our four children, at Newcastle University where my wife starts her BSc Environmental Science at the end of September, her offer is unconditional and hence definate as well.

We currently live half way between London and Birmingham in Northamptonshire and will move up to the North East early in September. We will return home at xmas and during the summer, but will remain in the North East at Easter.

That is interesting!
What brings you both back to studies?
Original post by pai2502
That is interesting!
What brings you both back to studies?

Has been the plan for over 20 years. Just a question of timing.

Quick Reply

Latest