The Student Room Group

MPhil in Management Cambridge 2012-2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think for those who have offers from other universities, and they all great schools, you can ask Cambridge to give you an early decision - this is actually stated on their website. Or perhaps you could speak to Cambridge's admission's office and see what sort of advice they can give you.

I'm still waiting...now I just check once a week as I am soooo tired of seeing 'under consideration by department'. At this point if I don't get in, I will feel sad, but I think I will get over it quite quickly just because it has taken so long loool!

Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by fraak
@ pratee.panda: I'm in the same situation, I've received an offer from Imperial College's MSc in management and I'm supposed to pay a desposit before february 20th if I want to keep my offer.

Do you think it's actually a good idea to do it? Cause I don't know if I'm very likely to get cambridge or not...

hey fraak, just wondering when you submitted your app to Imperial and when you got your offer? I submitted mine in December and haven't gotten anything other than an IELTS waiver phone interview :s-smilie:
Reply 22
Hey iampudge, I submitted my application in mid novembrer, I got an interview in mid december and received an offer on december 16th
Reply 23
And Brownie, do you really think it's possible to ask for more information about our admissions?
Original post by fraak
And Brownie, do you really think it's possible to ask for more information about our admissions?

+1

I may go the early decision route, as well.
Reply 25
I wish they would give early decisions, have been waiting since early October/Later September now!
Reply 26
Hey all,

Created an account to let you know I applied for the MPhil. in Management. I applied 01-02-2012 and am currently waiting to pass the "Under consideration by department"-stage. I did both the GMAT and the TOEFL test.

Is there anyone else that took the GMAT and doesn't mind telling his or her score?

Good luck all :smile:.
Reply 27
Hi everybody,

Has anyone received an offer from jbs? The applications are closed, so I hope that we will hear a reply soon.
Reply 28
Nope! Nothing so far
Reply 29
Yup, absolutely nothing. I shouldn't think we'll hear until March. Either way, good luck to everyone! :smile:
Reply 30
Hey! Applied sometime in September/October and just heard back about a week ago. Got in :biggrin:

Now having a dilemma whether or not I'll take JBS MPhil Management (if I manage to get a first) or LBS MiM
Reply 31
Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies. Is this a piece of good news?
Reply 32
I've still heard absolutely nothing, no progress at all. Getting a bit silly now.
Reply 33
Me too, still nothing. I applied in mid/late November I guess this means that I won't hear for a WHILE...sigh :frown:
I'm going insane. I just want an answer already!
Reply 35
Yeah me too, totally crazy. I think we're all going mental (those who haven't heard anyway). You know what they say though, no news is good news :smile:
Reply 36
Applied early December. Checked Camsis today after neglecting it for so long and was met with the status "Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies", this was a change from the last time I logged on so I clicked view/amend and saw the status "The degree committee is satisfied with your application. However, your offer has not yet been approved." Confused as to what this meant, I called the graduate admission team and they confirmed my application was approved by the degree board on Feb 22. Only thing left is for BOGS to confirm it. I was told it's a formality and should be expecting a formal offer within 3 weeks.

Happy but won't start celebrating till I see the offer. Now anxiously hoping funding from Gates and others come through.
Reply 37
You're kidding me... I've still not heard a single peep!

I'm guessing seeing as quite a few offers have gone out I am probably not going to be getting one. What a let down. Bloody Cambridge!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Heresy
Applied early December. Checked Camsis today after neglecting it for so long and was met with the status "Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies", this was a change from the last time I logged on so I clicked view/amend and saw the status "The degree committee is satisfied with your application. However, your offer has not yet been approved." Confused as to what this meant, I called the graduate admission team and they confirmed my application was approved by the degree board on Feb 22. Only thing left is for BOGS to confirm it. I was told it's a formality and should be expecting a formal offer within 3 weeks.

Happy but won't start celebrating till I see the offer. Now anxiously hoping funding from Gates and others come through.

What are your grades/exp?
Reply 39
Do those people who have got an offer so far mind giving us a rough idea of their profile? As in, what do you think are the things that got you in?

Personally I haven't heard anything yet...

Quick Reply

Latest