The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

I'm on maybe my fourth week of fluoxetine, and last time I was on it I had totally different side effects to this time. My wrists really hurt at the moment, to the extent that I'll be taking some ibuprofen when i get home. Now, I know fluoxetine can cause joint aches, but can it cause those sort of side effects 4 weeks in?
Original post by Anonymous
They are indeed! Thanks :hugs:

Perhaps go downstairs for a bit then edge your way upstairs to do some? Or take it to your mum's caravan with you. Although it probably do you good to go away and not think about uni for a few days.

Think I will take it, won't be that much to do there, maybe that will make work exciting :tongue:
Hope town goes well tomorrow :hugs:
Original post by Webberino
Think I will take it, won't be that much to do there, maybe that will make work exciting :tongue:
Hope town goes well tomorrow :hugs:

It could do, especially with no internet access :laugh:
Really glad I started this mood diary now, it's interesting to see my mood progress throughout the day. Although I'm thinking of changing 10 to best I've ever felt from normal mood because I think it'd be easier to rate that way.

If I don't speak to you before, have a lovely time at the caravan :hugs:
:cry: i'm so faulty and I keep ruining things because of my stupid idiot brain making me think stupid things
I'm kinda apprehensive about posting here, it'd mean admitting I do get depression-y O.o
Nice to know people care about my post....
First time posting to this thread, scary!

So I'm making an appointment to see my GP tomorrow. I only realised I was probably depressed when a few friends were talking about their experiences and I realised that the way I thought about things and behaved was not normal at all. I'm kind of terrified to get an 'official diagnosis'. Doctors scare me anyway, so this is going to be a wonderfully horrifying appointment but I definitely need to get things sorted out.

Quick question, do you have to tell your college about depression or mental health issues like that?
Original post by tweedletallie
First time posting to this thread, scary!

So I'm making an appointment to see my GP tomorrow. I only realised I was probably depressed when a few friends were talking about their experiences and I realised that the way I thought about things and behaved was not normal at all. I'm kind of terrified to get an 'official diagnosis'. Doctors scare me anyway, so this is going to be a wonderfully horrifying appointment but I definitely need to get things sorted out.

Quick question, do you have to tell your college about depression or mental health issues like that?

Hi & Welcome to this tread...

You dont have to tell your college, but it may help if you need to get extensions for assignments and the like..i.e mitigating circumstances. I have told my college, because my medication makes me very apathetic about everything which means that my work is usually not done on time.
Reply 6388
Original post by Phoenix07
Haha yer I know what you mean I am the same some times :colondollar: does always make me sad seeing happy couples though, think my bf could probably have something like that if he wasn't with someone like me!

But good I am glad you are having fun still :smile: still failing miserably at getting work done :frown: take it you have steered clear of poking random girls today as well?

hope the appointment goes alright tomorrow huni :hugs:

:console: I'm sure your boyfriend loves you more than anything :smile:

My mood is just about OK. And yes, I didn't poke any girls! When is your work due in? I hope it all gets finished :smile: :hugs:

Thanks :smile:. Really do hope my appointment goes well, and doesn't cause my mood to crash.

The last day of the "6 months free internet" on my phone was on Thursday, but I only found out today, after using £3 (although I used more recently on texts :biggrin:). Now my credit is almost finished.

:hugs:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Nice to know people care about my post....

I've tried finding your post but I can't find it/keep missing it. If you link me to it, I will reply, I hope you're okay :hugs:
Original post by FuzzySheep
:cry: i'm so faulty and I keep ruining things because of my stupid idiot brain making me think stupid things

You're not stupid darling, you're amazing :hugs:
Original post by Mon.MD
Hi & Welcome to this tread...

You dont have to tell your college, but it may help if you need to get extensions for assignments and the like..i.e mitigating circumstances. I have told my college, because my medication makes me very apathetic about everything which means that my work is usually not done on time.

Okay, thanks. I'll see how things go and make a decision then :smile:
Original post by ViceVersa
You're not stupid darling, you're amazing :hugs:

Thank you, you're too kind. :jumphug: :hugs: I've just been worrying and panicking all evening and I just feel so faint and want a hug and want to be normal like everyone else. I suppose it's too much to ask :frown:

How are you doing this evening?
Thank you, you're too kind. :jumphug: :hugs: I've just been worrying and panicking all evening and I just feel so faint and want a hug and want to be normal like everyone else. I suppose it's too much to ask :frown:

How are you doing this evening?

:jumphug: :hugs: :console: :jumphug: :hugs: Big hugs boo :lovehug: I wish I had a normal life too :frown:

Quite bad, close to resorting to self-destructive ways..
Reply 6394
Got an appointment tomorrow to see my GP but the more I think about it, the more I convince myself that I'm not depressed or any more anxious than the average person. Argh.
Original post by ViceVersa
:jumphug: :hugs: :console: :jumphug: :hugs: Big hugs boo :lovehug: I wish I had a normal life too :frown:

Quite bad, close to resorting to self-destructive ways..

Thank you :hugs: :hugs: It sounds childish, but it's just unfair. I just wish I could go without crying for a day.

Oh darling :hugs: Go and distract yourself with a DVD or some more cake or music or anything at all, you can fight it :hugs: As always, I'm always here if you need someone to talk to or a rant or whatever :hugs: Promise you'll take care of yourself tonight?
Original post by Jaee
Got an appointment tomorrow to see my GP but the more I think about it, the more I convince myself that I'm not depressed or any more anxious than the average person. Argh.

I thought this when I first went, that it was all just a phase etc, and I almost didn't show up, but I did and I'm thankful for it. Just go tomorrow and let your GP know everything about how you've been feeling, it's tough but it's worth it. Making the appointment was the first step. Best of luck :hugs:
Thank you :hugs: :hugs: It sounds childish, but it's just unfair. I just wish I could go without crying for a day.

Oh darling :hugs: Go and distract yourself with a DVD or some more cake or music or anything at all, you can fight it :hugs: As always, I'm always here if you need someone to talk to or a rant or whatever :hugs: Promise you'll take care of yourself tonight?

I know what you mean, it is unfair. I've been thinking there's really not much justice in the world :frown:

Big hugs :hugs:

I'm trying :sadnod: I'll try my best..
Original post by superwolf
Finished my entry for the Easter baking competition. :biggrin: KMN: the game is on. :mwuaha:

After seeing yours, Antiaris and ViceVersa's entries I'm not so confident any more :eek: Did you make the marzipan decorations all yourself?! That's amazing :biggrin:

On a very unrelated note, today has been both amazingly good fun (I forgot how funny restaurants are when I'm with my sister :smile:) and equally incredibly triggering. Hidden it behind a spoiler...

Spoiler

Reply 6399
My good mood seems to just about be hanging by a thread :frown:. I feel a huge crash coming :sad: .

Latest