The Student Room Group

International Relations.

Hi!!!

I am a Swiss student and I am interested in the undergraduate course in International Relations.
It's hard to get into dundee or aberdeen university?
Is International relations a popular course? (not only at dundee and aberdeen uni, but also in general). It's a very competitve course?

It's East university of Anglia a good uni for IR?
It's hard to get into this uni?

Thanks a lot to everybody!
Reply 1
Original post by Dema
Hi!!!

I am a Swiss student and I am interested in the undergraduate course in International Relations.
It's hard to get into dundee or aberdeen university?
Is International relations a popular course? (not only at dundee and aberdeen uni, but also in general). It's a very competitve course?

It's East university of Anglia a good uni for IR?
It's hard to get into this uni?

Thanks a lot to everybody!

international relations is becoming increasingly popular although its not ridiculously competitive yet like law or medicine. the better the uni the more competitive the programme. From my understanding Dundee and Aberdeen aren't super competitive unis but equally you still need to predicted to meet the entry requirements have a decent ps e.c.t. and entry is by no means guarenteed.

the top unis for IR are generally considered to be LSE, St Andrews and possibly Aberdeen as well. Both LSE and St Andrews would expect the top grades possible and an excellent personal statement.

im a first year international relations student at the university of east anglia and I can say that its fairly solid- its not the best for IR but my experience of the course has been pretty good so far. Entry isn't too difficult, you will need to be predicted to meet the entry grades, but most emphasis is placed on the personal statement.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Others opinions?
I'm probably replying a bit late, but I just saw this so why not :wink: I'm also a Swiss student who applied for international affairs related courses as a transfer from a Swiss university :wink:
The typical requirement for the Swiss matura is a 5.0 average, at least at the top 20 universities, UCL for instance thinks even 5.5 is not enough for some reason, I got the feeling that their admission office doesn't know very much about the Swiss system in terms of reasonable requirements :smile: but then again, St. Andrews only requires you to achieve a 4.5 average which - in my opinion - is absolutely manageable... :smile:

But from what I understand there are a lot of applicants for International Affairs courses and all of them have the required grades, at least most of them I guess, so having a really good personal statement, letter of reference and possibly better grades than the ones required would be useful... :smile:

good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending