The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Clip
So what happens now? Does everyone forget their mistaken outrage?

I wouldn't think so. People are right to be outraged at the mere thought of someone doing this.
Original post by churchilsquare
the area is sore you idiot!

I've never found that to be the case. :dontknow:
Reply 162
Original post by PandyAndy
I wouldn't think so. People are right to be outraged at the mere thought of someone doing this.

I'm having something of a mental disconnect here.

People are right to be outraged at the thought of someone doing something that they have been found not guilty of doing?

Think of what you're saying there. People can be outraged at something that didn't happen. Well ok, I'm outraged that anyone could plant a bomb under Great Ormond Street Hospital and blow up all those sick children. Didn't happen? Doesn't matter. I'm outraged at the thought of it.

How about being outraged at the person that apparently fabricated this and accused an innocent person of this?
What a poor woman. I know in old society it used to be traditional to have your first time on the wedding night and the first time when married was meant to be something special. However, relationships are so casual these days, that people get together before marriage. I think, if he ever really loved her he would have obeyed her and not committed the monstrous act in the first place. She clearly wanted their first married time to be special, and she wanted to be able to remember (i.e. whilst not drunk), hence why she rejected him whilst drunk, and I say fair play to her on that. He ignored that and took advantage of her. I hope that she gets all the justice she can, so she's able to move on with her life and lead a happy future whilst he rots in a prison cell.

so was this guy up here in lancashire, who stabbed a lad 12 times with such force the knife bent and the victim was killed. His argument was self defence, when the opposing guy punched him once and was unarmed.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/rossendale/9680411.Haslingden_man_cleared_of_murdering_teenager_in_knife_attack/

it suffices to say the family are appealing this decision. Seems being slow and addicted to cannabis can also get you off with murder.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Why on earth did she get married to someone that had raped her several times in the past?

I have very limited sympathy for someone who continues to stay around such a person. It evidences, at the very least, severe recklessness on her part.

As it says in the article, he only started to rape her after they were married.

No matter how tired or drunk I was, if my partner wanted to have sex, I would do it.

With your attitude and your inability to read through the case properly I should hope that you never become a lawyer. :colonhash:
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
What a poor woman. I know in old society it used to be traditional to have your first time on the wedding night and the first time when married was meant to be something special. However, relationships are so casual these days, that people get together before marriage. I think, if he ever really loved her he would have obeyed her and not committed the monstrous act in the first place. She clearly wanted their first married time to be special, and she wanted to be able to remember (i.e. whilst not drunk), hence why she rejected him whilst drunk, and I say fair play to her on that. He ignored that and took advantage of her. I hope that she gets all the justice she can, so she's able to move on with her life and lead a happy future whilst he rots in a prison cell.

He has been cleared.

Seriously, this is why rape cases are a joke. Even if the person is found not guilty you still are labelled a rapist. So girl makes up rape claim to get back at the guy and he is labelled a rapist and has his life destroyed.

I know someone who spent a year in jail because of someone making up rape stories.

I blame feminist.
Original post by whyumadtho
You find the notion of rape amusing? What is wrong with you?

I find the notion of marrying someone you know so little about to be amusing for many reasons and the irony of the timing to be amusing. However do not confuse this with finding rape to be amusing.
Original post by Simplicity
He has been cleared.

Seriously, this is why rape cases are a joke. Even if the person is found not guilty you still are labelled a rapist. So girl makes up rape claim to get back at the guy and he is labelled a rapist and has his life destroyed.

I know someone who spent a year in jail because of someone making up rape stories.

I blame feminist.

rape cases are a joke? So basically you think rape shouldnt be illegal and no one should be prosecuted for it?

The fact is this is a hard crime to prove especially when one was married to the man.
Original post by badcheesecrispy
rape cases are a joke? So basically you think rape shouldnt be illegal and no one should be prosecuted for it?

The fact is this is a hard crime to prove especially when one was married to the man.

No I'm saying that a girl can say you raped her and then destroy your life even if you didn't.

The girl says you raped and you have to go to trial and everyone thinks you are a rapist. I know someone who's name was dragged through the mud because of this.

He spent a year in jail, the girl admitted she made it up and she only got community service. He could have spent two years in jail and be on the sex offender register.

Look at the footballer who is spending five years in jail. A girl gets drunk and goes back with a guy, she allows his friend to sleep with her. Now he spending five years in jail because she was too drunk even through she walked back with the guy and looked fine.
Original post by newts2k
Oh for christ sake woman, you can't take one case and generalise men. Its like me saying all women are gold diggers. I wouldn't rape my wife and I highly doubt most men would defend it. It's funny how a lot of girls are happy to take a lot like money, presents etc and not give anything back toa relationship.

What the **** are you talking about?
Did you even read the OP?
No I'm saying that a girl can say you raped her and then destroy your life even if you didn't.

The girl says you raped and you have to go to trial and everyone thinks you are a rapist. I know someone who's name was dragged through the mud because of this.

He spent a year in jail, the girl admitted she made it up and she only got community service. He could have spent two years in jail and be on the sex offender register.

Look at the footballer who is spending five years in jail. A girl gets drunk and goes back with a guy, she allows his friend to sleep with her. Now he spending five years in jail because she was too drunk even through she walked back with the guy and looked fine.

I wont comment on the footballer, he was convicted, if you are going to take the jurys decision as fact on one rape case you can on another or I will not listen to you.

Im a guy myself mate and I feel for guys this happens to, all names in these rape cases should be kept anonymous until verdict is given imo, but why for these do you insist rape cases are a joke, basically saying they shouldnt exist just in case a man might get accused wrongly?

Have some respect for women for godsake, sure you wouldnt feel the same if it was your mum or sister who had been raped and was traumatized behind closed doors.

I must ask, because someone can pull an insurance scam on their own property and report it as a burglary committed by some other, does that make all burglary cases a joke?

People can be wrongly accused of allsorts of crimes not just rape, this argument makes me think you just have an issue with women or certain kinds of women. Get over it mate if its true, makes you look a sad man.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by badcheesecrispy
I wont comment on the footballer, he was convicted, if you are going to take the jurys decision as fact on one rape case you can on another or I will not listen to you.

Im a guy myself mate and I feel for guys this happens to, all names in these rape cases should be kept anonymous until verdict is given imo, but why for these do you insist rape cases are a joke, basically saying they shouldnt exist just in case a man might get accused wrongly?

Have some respect for women for godsake, sure you wouldnt feel the same if it was your mum or sister who had been raped and was traumatized behind closed doors.

I must ask, because someone can pull an insurance scam on their own property and report it as a burglary committed by some other, does that make all burglary cases a joke?

People can be wrongly accused of allsorts of crimes not just rape, this argument makes me think you just have an issue with women or certain kinds of women. Get over it mate if its true, makes you look a sad man.

Court get it wrong. The thing is nothing will happen to the girl even if she cried rape and was found lying. That why rape trials are a joke, the girl has no consequence for crying rape.

You can't just claim someone and destroy there live and have no consequences. If you claimed someone tried to murder you and you was found to be lying you would go to jail, but rape is difference for some reason. You get a pat on the back and everyone still believes the girl and the man is still hated.

If you do insurance fraud there are punishment. Not for rape charges. Literally there are very little laws you can lie to destroy someone life and if you get caught lying nothing happens to you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Court get it wrong. The thing is nothing will happen to the girl even if she cried rape and was found lying. That why rape trials are a joke, the girl has no consequence for crying rape.

You can't just claim someone and destroy there live and have no consequences. If you claimed someone tried to murder you and you was found to be lying you would go to jail, but rape is difference for some reason. You get a pat on the back and everyone still believes the girl and the man is still hated.

If you do insurance fraud there are punishment. Not for rape charges. Literally there are very little laws you can lie to destroy someone life and if you get caught lying nothing happens to you.

Various women have been jailed for this, I cannot believe you dont know that yet have the audacity to preach on this like you know it all :eek:. It kind of shows the reasoning behind your inferior logic and one sided mind on this issue.

You'll find actually that many rape victims are stigmatized and not believed by their local community and family/friends. No one is 'patted on the back' :s-smilie:

I think you are failing to differentiate between a not guilty verdict (which could be wrong, especially with rape, are you saying you want all rape victims whose attackers were acquitted jailed?) and the numerous occasions when it has been proved the woman made the rape up (do some research this has happened a few times contrary to what you think) and she has been jailed.

A not guilty verdict doesnt mean it wasnt a rape just that they cannot prove it beyond reasonable doubt. In the cases when they have proven the woman has lied (usually when these genuine victims of false accusations have done something to clear their names- something else you might want to think about), she has been jailed. As I said, these males usually go to a long extent to clear their names something not everyone acquitted of rape does, probably because they were guilty but it was just hard to prove in court. As rape is :s-smilie:

again see above, various women have been jailed for this. when it can be proven she lied, I mean, you want the spot on proof to convict a man don't you? :facepalm:

your cave is calling
No matter how tired or drunk I was, if my partner wanted to have sex, I would do it.

I hope your username is a joke, the justice system is faulty enough already.
Did this guy not view the case of R v R? Where it clearly stated that having unconsensual sex with a spouse amounted to rape?
Original post by Clip
I'm having something of a mental disconnect here.

People are right to be outraged at the thought of someone doing something that they have been found not guilty of doing?

Think of what you're saying there. People can be outraged at something that didn't happen. Well ok, I'm outraged that anyone could plant a bomb under Great Ormond Street Hospital and blow up all those sick children. Didn't happen? Doesn't matter. I'm outraged at the thought of it.

How about being outraged at the person that apparently fabricated this and accused an innocent person of this?

Just because he has been cleared doesn't mean he didn't do it. He may well have done so but there may have been insufficient evidence. Unfortunately with historical rape cases it is nigh on impossible to get someone charged let alone convicted for this very reason. Of course we will never know what actually happened, but to say he is innocent is a bit presumptive. Especially when right now in this country only 1 in 20 reported rapes end up in conviction...

Of course she could have ‘made the whole thing up’ but that is an awful lot of effort and trauma to go through in order to blacken someone’s name. Seems unlikely.
Reply 178
Original post by Violet_apple
Just because he has been cleared doesn't mean he didn't do it. He may well have done so but there may have been insufficient evidence. Unfortunately with historical rape cases it is nigh on impossible to get someone charged let alone convicted for this very reason. Of course we will never know what actually happened, but to say he is innocent is a bit presumptive. Especially when right now in this country only 1 in 20 reported rapes end up in conviction...

Of course she could have ‘made the whole thing up’ but that is an awful lot of effort and trauma to go through in order to blacken someone’s name. Seems unlikely.

What is presumptive is to say that someone who has been found not guilty, is in fact...guilty.
Reply 179
Original post by Violet_apple

minimal effort, no trauma since if it was fiction.