The Student Room Group

Intermediate maths olympiad result?

Quite pleased with my result:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got 32... not exactly great, I just couldn't get the last 2 out :tongue: but I get a medal for it, so I'm pretty happy :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Ben385
I got 32... not exactly great, I just couldn't get the last 2 out :tongue: but I get a medal for it, so I'm pretty happy :biggrin:

which papper did you do?
Reply 3
Maclaurin :smile: my teachers decided to give me my script back today, turns out the 4 questions I did were all correct answers, just had some slightly dodgy methods :tongue:
Reply 4
i got 54. anyway of telling which position this is?
Reply 5
Original post by yair
i got 54. anyway of telling which position this is?

There should be a page of mark distribution in the letter they sent you :smile:
Reply 6
think my teachers got that. if you did maclaurin are you able to tell me. Thanks
Reply 7
I think you are the third place,there is one got 57and another got 56.
Reply 8
wow thats brilliant. thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Congrats that's a really good mark :biggrin:
I got 57/60 on the Cayley (Year 9) Olympiad. I got a book prize which I think is top 50 but I'm not sure where exactly in the top 50. It was really annoying because on the crossnumber question the markers were really pedantic about having to state really obvious (like 11 is a prime number etc) so I lost my 3 marks there. But at least I got the right answer.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
my result wasn't brilliant, but better than I'd expected (quite happy that I got a medal :biggrin:), yet I got an invitation from the ukmt to go to a summer school. Is anyone else here going, or has been to one before? :smile:
Reply 12
I got an invite to the summer school today :biggrin:
should be fun!
Reply 13
I got an invitation to the 15th-20th July camp! :biggrin: got to check if I'm free though
Same - have just sent off the form. Only got 30/60 in Maclaurin so quite a surprise :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
I'm going to the 15th-20th one too. I got 31 in the olympiad so I was surprised to be invited, but it sounds quite good so I'm glad I was :smile:
Reply 16
Why I got 60 out of 60 but haven't been invited:frown:
Reply 17
Original post by Danshz
Why I got 60 out of 60 but haven't been invited:frown:

Wow, that's really good, I'm surprised you weren't invited! Which paper did you do? The letter I got says you have to be between 14-16, so some Y9s might be too young?
Reply 18
Original post by el17
Wow, that's really good, I'm surprised you weren't invited! Which paper did you do? The letter I got says you have to be between 14-16, so some Y9s might be too young?

The thing is I'm in year 10 and I did Hamilton paper:mad:
Maybe they thought you didn't need to go to a summer school - you can do it all already:wink:. I'm doing 15th-20th one too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending