The Student Room Group

Is this normal? scared of anything happening

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Frankie_say_relax
Yeh, first kisses are rarely ever perfect. I had no idea how to kiss either and I started pretty late also. It's kinda difficult to explain, does this guy know you've never kissed anyone before? You should probably tell him if it comes to that, it'll help.

Original post by Anonymous
i was nearly identical to you, except a guy, 18 hadnt kissed anyone, met this stunning girl who had more experience than me, i told her that i hadn't done it before, it all came naturally and after practice it was pretty good - just chill out.

Glad im not the only one :smile: He knows im 'innocent' but not sure what hes interpretated that as, as I think before I told him that, he thought I was experienced.
Original post by Frankie_say_relax
My advice for kissing: Leave the tongue out until later kisses. Just use your lips. One of the first times I actually kissed a girl she stuck her tongue in my mouth and it wasn't that pleasant to be honest.

Oh god, this. My first kiss was awful, he basically attacked me with his tongue.
Glad im not the only one :smile: He knows im 'innocent' but not sure what hes interpretated that as, as I think before I told him that, he thought I was experienced.

I'm in exactly the same position as you, except i'm eighteen and a guy. I haven't ever had a serious relationship, and so never kissed or anything. I kinda wish I had kissed someone to be honest, 'cause i'm one of the only people my age I know who's never kissed anyone. /:
Wow, I could've written this exact same thing a few months ago - I too was 19 and had never been anywhere at all with a guy and had just started texting/seeing someone.

Like you the thought of doing anything at all with him really scared me - even the thought of kissing, and I was genuinely scared of having sex with him, even though he was lovely and I really liked him.

I think it's pretty normal, and nothing to worry about. Everyone develops sexually/physically etc at different rates, and the more you get used to being with him and being yourself with him, the easier it'll get to do those things.

I can suggest what I did with my now boyfriend - I explained that I'd never had a boyfriend before and that I needed to adjust to being in a relationship etc etc, and reassured him that I did really like him etc.

Over time my attraction to him grew and I became more confident...kisses turned out to be damn awesome and in no way scary (it really is true that it kinda just 'happens' - I was always convinced it needed a special technique and that I wouldn't know how!), and well, I won't lie, sex initially freaked me out a little, but my boyfriend was lovely and took things at my pace.

And as a reassuring note, I now can't keep my hands off him lol...no worries whatsoever with intimacy and all that...just a matter of getting used to it over time :smile:
Reply 24
Wow, I could've written this exact same thing a few months ago - I too was 19 and had never been anywhere at all with a guy and had just started texting/seeing someone.

Like you the thought of doing anything at all with him really scared me - even the thought of kissing, and I was genuinely scared of having sex with him, even though he was lovely and I really liked him.

I think it's pretty normal, and nothing to worry about. Everyone develops sexually/physically etc at different rates, and the more you get used to being with him and being yourself with him, the easier it'll get to do those things.

I can suggest what I did with my now boyfriend - I explained that I'd never had a boyfriend before and that I needed to adjust to being in a relationship etc etc, and reassured him that I did really like him etc.

Over time my attraction to him grew and I became more confident...kisses turned out to be damn awesome and in no way scary (it really is true that it kinda just 'happens' - I was always convinced it needed a special technique and that I wouldn't know how!), and well, I won't lie, sex initially freaked me out a little, but my boyfriend was lovely and took things at my pace.

And as a reassuring note, I now can't keep my hands off him lol...no worries whatsoever with intimacy and all that...just a matter of getting used to it over time :smile:

Thanks, nice to hear that:smile: He has only just come out of a long term relationship and is significantly older than me, to make things more complicated! Also Ive only seen him once since we started texting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending